Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SERT Cables  (Read 1783 times)

Doughdserk

• FLHRSEI.ORG
SERT Cables
« on: January 01, 2007, 10:49:14 PM »

I purchased a SERT for my 2007 SERK -- had it installed by my local HD dealer.  Purchased the SERT to have the engine not run richer, and work with my Vanes and Hines Ovals and K&N air filter.  Works great.  But they no longer come with cables.  Where can I get these?  My dealer says HD doesn't want me to have them, but even if I didn't tune things, there is some great monitoring software as part of owning a SERT.
Thoughts?
Doug
Doug
FLHRSE3

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: SERT Cables
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 11:34:21 PM »

I purchased a SERT for my 2007 SERK -- had it installed by my local HD dealer.  Purchased the SERT to have the engine not run richer, and work with my Vanes and Hines Ovals and K&N air filter.  Works great.  But they no longer come with cables.  Where can I get these?  My dealer says HD doesn't want me to have them, but even if I didn't tune things, there is some great monitoring software as part of owning a SERT.
Thoughts?
Doug
You're dealer's blowing smoke up your backside.  You can buy the cables through the dealer for $29.95.  The old kit used to come with the cables, don't know why they discontinued that....probably so we'd pay more money for the cables, or they didn't want us messing with the SERT.  Either way, you can get them through the dealer.  Part number 32108-06.
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 03:28:33 AM »

Has anyone ever hooked up a laptop and monitored their SERT while riding? My tech told me about this to see how it is performing

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 06:23:37 AM »

I purchased a SERT for my 2007 SERK -- had it installed by my local HD dealer.  Purchased the SERT to have the engine not run richer, and work with my Vanes and Hines Ovals and K&N air filter.  Works great. [highlight] But they no longer come with cables.  Where can I get these?  My dealer says HD doesn't want me to have them,[/highlight] but even if I didn't tune things, there is some great monitoring software as part of owning a SERT.
Thoughts?
Doug

I have heard the same thing including that they had to remove the cables from stock on their shelves (back in Sept 2006)!
I don't know why they feel the need for this as I don't think they are losing business by other people tuning them. (you need to be a rocket scientist)
In my experience they can't even train their own guys to tune them correctly.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 06:27:52 AM »

You're dealer's blowing smoke up your backside.  You can buy the cables through the dealer for $29.95.  The old kit used to come with the cables, don't know why they discontinued that....probably so we'd pay more money for the cables, or they didn't want us messing with the SERT.  [highlight]Either way, you can get them through the dealer.  Part number 32108-06.[/highlight]Red

I just checked online with chicago harley & it does show them as available @ 20% off for $23.95

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 24 queries.