Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cycle Shack  (Read 2891 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Cycle Shack
« on: January 03, 2007, 01:57:44 PM »

Anyone ever used Cycle Shack slipons model 291.  Friend and I took his bike to Rod's Performance near Cullman, Alabama, this past Saturday to have it dynoed.  This is the tuner TCnBham recommended and used on his bike.

I was really impressed with this guy's setup and he and his partner Richard are real knowledgable.  Anyway they recommend Cycle Shack and prefer them with the V&H true dual headers.  My buddy elected to leave his stock headers on.  One thing they like is that the baffles can be changed so they can tune the exhaust.  Also price is very right - under $300.

They seem a little bit loud for my taste but wonder what expereicne others may have had.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Cycle Shack
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 03:41:37 PM »

Anyone ever used Cycle Shack slipons model 291.  Friend and I took his bike to Rod's Performance near Cullman, Alabama, this past Saturday to have it dynoed.  This is the tuner TCnBham recommended and used on his bike.

I was really impressed with this guy's setup and he and his partner Richard are real knowledgable.  Anyway they recommend Cycle Shack and prefer them with the V&H true dual headers.  My buddy elected to leave his stock headers on.  One thing they like is that the baffles can be changed so they can tune the exhaust.  Also price is very right - under $300.

They seem a little bit loud for my taste but wonder what expereicne others may have had.

Hey Jerry. I'm not familiar with their slip-ons, but I've been using Cycle Shack Staggered Duals on my Evos for years. They make great sounding performance exhaust syatems. And they are priced right. I would imagine their slip-ons to be good. Their exhaust systems are fairly loud. That's why I'm using the S&S SPO slip-ons. ;) Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Bagger

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 04:13:01 PM »

Jerry, seems I remember a few years ago receiving a tip that Cycle Shack made the Screamin' Eagle mufflers.........the ones they stopped making last year.  I had a set on my old Softail.  Looked and sounded just like the SE slip-ons except it didn't have the Screamin' Eagle script or price tag.  If I'd have liked them, I'd have never switched to V&H BS Staggered.  They were good mufflers.......just not for me.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 04:22:10 PM »

Jerry, seems I remember a few years ago receiving a tip that Cycle Shack made the Screamin' Eagle mufflers.........the ones they stopped making last year.  I had a set on my old Softail.  Looked and sounded just like the SE slip-ons except it didn't have the Screamin' Eagle script or price tag.  If I'd have liked them, I'd have never switched to V&H BS Staggered.  They were good mufflers.......just not for me.
Actually it was Super Trapp that made the Screamin' Eagle Mufflers and they still offer these under there name brand (see Super Trapp link).

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Bagger

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 04:43:13 PM »

Actually it was Super Trapp that made the Screamin' Eagle Mufflers and they still offer these under there name brand (see Super Trapp link).

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Great.  I'll tell Phil at C&S HD in Nashville that he is full of chit!  ;D

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 04:48:07 PM »

Great.  I'll tell Phil at C&S HD in Nashville that he is full of chit!  ;D
Be nice.... Just tell him you heard from a very reliable source (translated to mean somebody that probably stays on this site to much, and can use the search feature really good ;)) that the SE mufflers may have come from Super Trapp. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 05:03:56 PM »

Hey Jerry. I'm not familiar with their slip-ons, but I've been using Cycle Shack Staggered Duals on my Evos for years. They make great sounding performance exhaust syatems. And they are priced right. I would imagine their slip-ons to be good. [highlight]Their exhaust systems are fairly loud[/highlight]. That's why I'm using the S&S SPO slip-ons. ;) Hoist!  8-)
Yeah, that's what I thought also.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 05:56:45 PM »

You know, it looks to me like the Cycle Shack pipes are the same as the old SE one piece slip ons that were available in the different end cuts, and the Supertrapps are the SE pro pipes that had the billet end caps.  Wonder if that is the case?  If I remember correctly, the one piece slips were about the same price as the Pro pipes without the end caps, then the end caps were around 70 bucks each.  Completely different sound between the two styles of pipes.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Bagger

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 06:02:43 PM »

You know, it looks to me like the Cycle Shack pipes are the same as the old SE one piece slip ons that were available in the different end cuts, and the Supertrapps are the SE pro pipes that had the billet end caps.  Wonder if that is the case?  If I remember correctly, the one piece slips were about the same price as the Pro pipes without the end caps, then the end caps were around 70 bucks each.  Completely different sound between the two styles of pipes.

I dunno anymore.  I thought I had it straight.  I'd love to get the truth on this..............not that it matters much beyond my general quest for knowledge.  Those Cycle Shacks sure did look an AWFUL lot like the SE mufflers, both inside and out.  I figured since Phil owns that place, he ought to know.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 06:44:36 PM »

Actually it was Kerker who made the two peice pipes for HD, but then Kerker and ST merged and now they are under the ST banner. I agree that the one piece pipes were a totally different animal and they were NOT made by Kerker/ST.  Several years back I wanted some of the PAT baffles that Joe Minton used to recommend for my SE two piece mufflers. I called Kerker/ST and they confirmed that they make the 2 piece mufflers but not the one piece. I bought some and used them for all of about two minutes. Very loud and brash sounding. Not at all like Minton described them. The only advantage was there was no packing to wear out so they at least wouldn't get any louder.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.