Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Fullsac CVO conversion  (Read 16071 times)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Fullsac CVO conversion
« on: January 25, 2007, 08:29:54 AM »

Have noticed for several years mostly favorable comments concerning the Fullsac performance conversions on HD stock mufflers. Then a couple of months ago on another site, a fullsac dealer mentioned how good a donor muffler the 07 CVO's make. Since they are 4" and have a 1/4 in insulation around the outer core, they have a real nice mellow tone compared to the standard bagger muffler. Well, being one to try different mufflers, I scored a set of 07 CVO take offs to send to Steve at Fullsac. Turnaround time was 8 days and he does an excellent job.  Only a very slight color difference on the bottom front of the mufler where the new baffle is welded. Not noticable at all when mounted. I love the look of these mufflers, and now I love the sound also. He replaces the stock baffle/cat with a 2" louvered baffle that is about mid level in terms of decibels.  For comparaisons sake, they are much quieter than my V&H classics and about the same as my 4" Bassanni HO's, but to me, have a better tone due to the insulation. I've ridden about 200 miles since I put these on ( rain, rain, rain) and am very pleased. Excellent sound and again, I love the look. You also lose the inner portion that sticks out inside the tip.

When I talked to Steve on the phone, there was a little doubt about the difference between the 06 and the 07 CVO muffler. When I recieved the 07's from a member here, I compared them to my 06's, and could find no difference in the appearance internally. The part number is the same also. The only thing that I could find that would indicate that these mufflers came off an 07 was that under the part number, it lists the 1800 motor, and on my 06's, it only mentions the 1690 motor. So, most likely, the mufflers are identical, it's just that fullsac hadn't done any 06's and he couldn't comfirm that they would work. Just an FYI for any of you that like the look of your stock RK or EG CVO mufflers and want better sound, I certainly recommend the fullsac conversion. Wish I could do a picture, but my dial up is just too slow. Cost is $199, plus your shipping.  Beats having them sit on the shelf.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Fullsac CVO conversion
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 09:19:41 AM »

Have noticed for several years mostly favorable comments concerning the Fullsac performance conversions on HD stock mufflers. Then a couple of months ago on another site, a fullsac dealer mentioned how good a donor muffler the 07 CVO's make. Since they are 4" and have a 1/4 in insulation around the outer core, they have a real nice mellow tone compared to the standard bagger muffler. Well, being one to try different mufflers, I scored a set of 07 CVO take offs to send to Steve at Fullsac. Turnaround time was 8 days and he does an excellent job.  Only a very slight color difference on the bottom front of the mufler where the new baffle is welded. Not noticable at all when mounted. I love the look of these mufflers, and now I love the sound also. He replaces the stock baffle/cat with a 2" louvered baffle that is about mid level in terms of decibels.  For comparaisons sake, they are much quieter than my V&H classics and about the same as my 4" Bassanni HO's, but to me, have a better tone due to the insulation. I've ridden about 200 miles since I put these on ( rain, rain, rain) and am very pleased. Excellent sound and again, I love the look. You also lose the inner portion that sticks out inside the tip.

When I talked to Steve on the phone, there was a little doubt about the difference between the 06 and the 07 CVO muffler. When I recieved the 07's from a member here, I compared them to my 06's, and could find no difference in the appearance internally. The part number is the same also. The only thing that I could find that would indicate that these mufflers came off an 07 was that under the part number, it lists the 1800 motor, and on my 06's, it only mentions the 1690 motor. So, most likely, the mufflers are identical, it's just that fullsac hadn't done any 06's and he couldn't comfirm that they would work. Just an FYI for any of you that like the look of your stock RK or EG CVO mufflers and want better sound, I certainly recommend the fullsac conversion. Wish I could do a picture, but my dial up is just too slow. Cost is $199, plus your shipping.  Beats having them sit on the shelf.

That's a great report. Would you mind posting his contact info. You're right, why have the stock sitting take-offs on the shelf when you can have a set of usable set sitting there instead. Thanks. Hoist! 8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:43:46 AM »

Here's the info:  meant to do it earlier, but I got busy. Damn work keeps gettting in the way of fun.

Steve George:   928-505-2912

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 10:01:10 AM »

GC, for that money I think I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the post.

I had loaned my stock muffs to a guy and he broguht them back the other day.  I have the SE Pro which I do like, but it may make the bike a bit more stealth with the inserts and original look.

lunker

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • CO

• CVO1: 2007 Road King - FLHRSE3 - Gone
    • CVO2: 2013 Road King Anny - FLHRSE4
    • CVO3: 2013 Convertible - FLSTSE3 (Wife's Ride)
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 10:52:05 AM »

Thanks alot for the post.  I have been considering the same for my 07 SERK and have talked to Steve who is very knowledgeable and helpful.  I have about 1200 miles on my bike and will be going with the slipons/sert and then dyno at Durango Harley Davidson (Colorado).  I am looking for cooler running, improved torque, and slighty louder exhaust (Actually have come to kind of like the quiet stock sound after years of aftermarket pipes!).  

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 10:56:34 AM »

http://www.fullsac.com/products_exhaust_recored.htm is the link to the site for additional info.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 10:57:45 AM by Rjob749 »

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 11:29:35 AM »

GC, for that money I think I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the post.

[highlight]I had loaned my stock muffs to a guy and he broguht them back the other day.  I have the SE Pro which I do like, but it may make the bike a bit more stealth with the inserts and original look.[/highlight]

Rjob, that's kinda the cool part.  I've already one comment from a guy that he couldn't believe I still had my stockers on. Then I fired it up.   ;D

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 11:58:15 AM »

Great Post.. I didn't think the stock mufflers could be modified by anyone but I guess I was wrong. I initially wanted to retain the mufflers when I picked the bike up but couldn't stand the sound (lack of) and changed my mind after two seperate people said "When are you going to get rid of those potato shooters?" so I pulled them off and never went back.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 12:40:50 PM »

GC, great info, thanks.  I kinda enjoy the quiet of the stock exhaust on my jester as compared to the SE Pro Performance muffs I had on my '06.  Could take it a little louder but not too much.  This might be the ticket.

Did you / do you plan to add the Fullsac true dual headpipe kit?  Looks kinda interesting.  Just wonder if anyone has had any experience - good or bad - using it.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 03:51:23 PM »

GC, great info, thanks.  I kinda enjoy the quiet of the stock exhaust on my jester as compared to the SE Pro Performance muffs I had on my '06.  Could take it a little louder but not too much.  This might be the ticket.

[highlight]Did you / do you plan to add the Fullsac true dual headpipe kit?[/highlight]  Looks kinda interesting.  Just wonder if anyone has had any experience - good or bad - using it.

I already have the V&H true duals.  The fullsac dual kit is kind of a poor mans duals, although most people say you can't see the patch when the heat shields are installed.  I'm going to try to post a couple of pics or jpeg files tomorrow.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 10:54:46 PM »

Ultrafxr, I used the Fulsac true duel conversion before I put Rineharts on my 05 SEEG. Easy install, good fit.  The only problem was I had to make cut a length of heatshield to cover the area where the stock heatshield stopped before it got to the muffler.  I ran the conversion with the stock mufflers that I put the Kerker baffles in.  Did not like the sound, but I believe it was the baffles.  Had nothing to do with the conversion.

I would reccomend it.  Lot less expensive than buying V&H setup.  Not knocking V&H.  Just a less expensive way to go.

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 07:06:46 AM »

Gonna try a pic   [smiley=confused5.gif]

« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 08:09:05 AM by flhtcse2004 »

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 07:23:57 AM »

It worked. Another, but smaller.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 10:43:33 AM »

It worked. Another, but smaller.
Great pics GC, thanks!!  I think I just may send my stockers off to Fulsac and then I will have a spare set of modifieds incase the V&H Ovals "go south" on me.
Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:44:07 AM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

grit

• GRIT
  • Junior CVO Member
  • CVO 2009; FLHTCUSE Stardust Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 03:30:53 PM »

Regarding the Fullsac CVO conversion, has anyone had their scooter on a Dyno before and after? The performance issue can't be based on sound or looks.  I'd like to see some real numbers before I make up my mind! It makes a difference also whether the stock head pipes are used or the Fullsac conversion is with true dual headers. Right now I'm riding around with one muffler different than the other.  >:( The "center extension pipe" fell out of my left muffler and Harley hasn't be able to replace the warrentied muffler yet. Still back ordered. From this site it appears that the Rinehart system is the best, though expensive, but I'm not familiar enough with the "maps" to know which is best, per dyno tests. Any advice will be considered.  :)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 07:36:51 PM »

Regarding the Fullsac CVO conversion, has anyone had their scooter on a Dyno before and after? The performance issue can't be based on sound or looks.  I'd like to see some real numbers before I make up my mind! It makes a difference also whether the stock head pipes are used or the Fullsac conversion is with true dual headers. Right now I'm riding around with one muffler different than the other.  >:( The "center extension pipe" fell out of my left muffler and Harley hasn't be able to replace the warrentied muffler yet. Still back ordered. From this site it appears that the Rinehart system is the best, though expensive, but I'm not familiar enough with the "maps" to know which is best, per dyno tests. Any advice will be considered.  :)

grit,  if your after performance numbers, a two into one will out perform anything else on a DYNO.  BUT, we don't ride our bikes on DYNO's.  I've had most every major player of exhaust on my bikes at one time or another. Rineharts, Fatcat, Bassanni, all wth different muffler combos, etc.  I totally agree that any system needs to be tuned  to get max performance, but in my humble opinion, the seat of the pants can't tell much difference. Just go with a system that you like for looks and sound. My own seat of the pants dyno is very positive with the Fullsacs. The bike seems very happy and runs excellent. BTW, currently I'm running a stock # 36 map onthe RT, as an indy that was supposed to be RT certified, screwed my bike so bad when I put a FatCat on it ( over 60 pulls ), that I had to retreat to a stock download when I took the FC off.  It runs so good now, I really hate to change it, as the tuners here are far apart and none are known to be the "best".  

grit

• GRIT
  • Junior CVO Member
  • CVO 2009; FLHTCUSE Stardust Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 10:26:01 PM »

I'm aware that the 2 into 1 system will out perform most other setups but I really dislike the looks. Particularily on a bagger. I'm not looking for horse power numbers as much as torque numbers! My 95ci is well over 105 on both hp & torque! The cams in this 110 ci are definatley torque producers so I don't want the numbers to go down by having the wrong baffled mufflers. That's why the question ... has anyone had their bike on the dyno both before and after installing the Fullsac CVO conversion. You can have great looks, really like the sound and kill the bottom end torque. When Rinehart first came out, they had 2 and 1/2" baffles. Sounded like you were going like a bat out of hell, and the top hp was terrific, but the bottom end torque was gone. Only a dyno will show this! Choking the baffles down to 2" produced the best hp and tq, on the dyno, but ruined the sound.  2 1/4 " dropped both numbers hp & tq but gave it a descent sound again. Not great, just descent. I've got a great dyno guy and he will do the best in can for me based on what I give him to work with. I'd still like to see some numbers of this muffler conversion. It's all about air!  [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 10:29:08 PM by grit »

jeagle

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 09:03:47 PM »

I am very interested in retaining the stock look of my '06 SE Ultra but like many of you the stock sound is not working for me.  I don't' want a loud bike but I don't want a bike that sounds like a VW either.  I heard the '07 SE Ultra's and they sounded a bit better. so I tried the SE 4" 'street legal' slip ons. 

Here are my observations;

Too long - The muffler is actually longer than the stock '06 muffler. (see pic)  I have them shoved completely forward on the mounts.
End Caps - required new caps as the '06 caps will not mate up to the SE slip ons
Sound - maybe a tad louder, and a little more throaty, that's it.

So does anyone have a sound clip of the fulsac modified stock SE 4" mufflers?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 09:06:17 PM by jeagle »

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 10:31:36 PM »

jeagle, let me be the first to welcome you to this site.  Please take a moment to post in the new member section to properly introduce yourself.  If you've been a lurker then you know the we are more than willing to help you spend some of your dough on improving the performance and looks of your scoot.  Hope someone can answer you question and look forward to seeing you on the site. :cherry:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 04:10:51 PM »

Well talk about seat of your pants! This is a pic from fullsac's web page!

:worthless:

Greaseball

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 07:38:21 AM »

That Fullsac photo would have been more impressive if he had not used a back rest on the bike....LOL!!

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 06:01:49 PM »

Well talk about seat of your pants! This is a pic from fullsac's web page!

:worthless:

I'm not totally convinced that picture didnt spend some time in Photoshop!  ;)
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 06:49:09 PM »

Yeah, I thought the same thing until I saw this video... http://www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com/dragonfly.wmv
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 08:39:33 AM »

Not sure why you would think that? Look at the shadow of the bike on the road, here's another. Yea, the dragonfly video is great!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 08:46:52 AM by Talon »

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 08:42:58 AM »

One more!

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 05:32:17 PM »

Not sure why you would think that? Look at the shadow of the bike on the road, here's another. Yea, the dragonfly video is great!
I've seen some guys do things you cant believe in Photoshop or other programs. I just dont believe any pictures anymore.
Remember the old saying, "dont believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see!"
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 05:38:08 PM »

Well they must have done a good job, the bottom of the bike, the shadows, the tires are rippled just where they sit on the road, but I guess they could fake it, but it looks pretty convincing to me..

Hey their you of your guys in AZ, you should take a trip to Lake Havasu and check it out first hand!!!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:41:05 PM by Talon »

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 06:36:14 PM »

Does anyone have any idea how the Fullsac CVO conversions compare with the V&H Ovals?  I have the V&H Dresser Duals and Ovals on my '06 CUSE.  They are at the top of my tolerance for noise level and am wondering if the Fullsac conversion is quieter than the Ovals??
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 07:12:23 PM by DakotaZeb »

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 06:43:26 PM »

I agree.
That CamCo sign on his back smells of PhotoChop to me.

But I could be wrong.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2007, 07:41:32 PM »

Does anyone have any idea how the Fullsac CVO conversions compare with the V&H Ovals?  I have the V&H Dresser Duals and Ovals on my '06 CUSE.  They are at the top of my tolerance for noise level and am wondering if the Fullsac conversion is quieter than the Ovals??
Dakota, the're not much quieter.  In fact, I took mine off after about a 1000 miles. Was kinda dissapointed, especially after talking to Steve and him indicating that the CVO's were quieter due to the outer packing, but sounds are different and subjective to all of us. I liked the tone and the sound, just didn't like the volume.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2007, 08:16:37 AM »

I have seen Craig Jones wheelie a stock Dresser with my own eyes in St Tropez, France. So it can be done.

:o

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2007, 08:03:03 AM »

Hey GC,
I know I'm late getting to this thread but I was wondering if you stayed with stock headers.  Did you remap the EFI or change out the air cleaner?
Jim :cherry:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 08:32:27 AM »

Jim,

When I did the Fullsac conversion, I already had true dual headers, A/C, etc. The bike had been dyno tuned with different mufflers, but both were fairly open, free flowing styles, so I didn't notice any difference in tuning. I eventually took the fullsac's off though as they were a little too loud. Looked great, sounded great, but Steve had led me to believe that they would be quieter than most aftermarket mufflers, so they were just louder that what I was looking for. Currently I'm still using the true dual headers ( V&H ) but with supertrapp tuneable megaphone disc mufflers and like them very much. FWIW, I have 18 disc's on each side. Started with 12, but that was too muffled sounding.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2007, 10:31:13 AM »

Jim,

When I did the Fullsac conversion, I already had true dual headers, A/C, etc. The bike had been dyno tuned with different mufflers, but both were fairly open, free flowing styles, so I didn't notice any difference in tuning. I eventually took the fullsac's off though as they were a little too loud. Looked great, sounded great, but Steve had led me to believe that they would be quieter than most aftermarket mufflers, so they were just louder that what I was looking for. Currently I'm still using the true dual headers ( V&H ) but with supertrapp tuneable megaphone disc mufflers and like them very much. FWIW, I have 18 disc's on each side. Started with 12, but that was too muffled sounding.

GC_Super,

I found the FullSacs a bit too loud on long rides myself. That's why I went with the D&D Police Interceptors.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

electraglideclyde

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • GA

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2007, 02:37:33 PM »

I am very pleased with my Fullsac mufflers.  I had the SE 98b's before I sent my stock mufflers to Steve.  They are much quiter than the SE mufflers and I cannot detect any loss in power. Everyone has their own opinion, but these suit me just fine.  They do have a good bark at WFO, but are much quieter and crusing speed.  The boss can hear the tunes much better now, and we all know how important it is to keep momma happy.  :P
Hair of the Dog

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2007, 07:06:23 PM »

You guys with the Fullsac converted mufflers, would you say they are quieter, as loud or louder than a set of Rineharts?  I have acquired a second set of 07 UCSE stock mufflers and was thinking of doing this conversion.

Thanks,

john

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2007, 01:37:39 AM »

You guys with the Fullsac converted mufflers, would you say they are quieter, as loud or louder than a set of Rineharts?  I have acquired a second set of 07 UCSE stock mufflers and was thinking of doing this conversion.

Thanks,

john

Having had both, I would say the FullSacs are quieter than the Rinehart True Duals.

electraglideclyde

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • GA

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2007, 08:35:08 AM »

I say they are definately quieter than the RH's. They are considerably quieter than the Se 98b"S I had previously. :coolblue:
Hair of the Dog

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2007, 10:31:37 PM »

Thanks, guys, for the reply.  You have probably helped me spend some morney on exhaust.

john

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2007, 01:55:51 PM »

When comparing loudness and sounds, it's important to make note if you are running true duals or stock headers. True duals will make any set of mufflers substantially louder.

Johnnymap:  If you want to ride over from Plano, you can try out my fullsacs. They're just sitting on the shelf with my other cast aways.  I'm just past the 30/820 split just west of Fort Worth.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2007, 07:36:46 PM »

Thanks, GC, I just might do that.  I am going to ROT next week, maybe when I get back. 

I will PM you for directions.

john

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2007, 05:45:27 PM »

Thanks, GC, I just might do that.  I am going to ROT next week, maybe when I get back. 

I will PM you for directions.

john

John, pm me anytime. Have fun a ROT. We went in 03 or 04. Good rally to go to close to home.

Robert

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2007, 11:17:36 PM »

Thanks, GC, this is our 5th consecutive year.  We go with a small group.  We don't spend much time at the fair grounds.  We do a lot riding, make the HD stores and try to find as many new places to eat as possible.  Usually make Oasis for at least one sunset.  Mainly an earley summer late spring getaway.

john

lonewolf2

• CVO2: Se Ultra Classic
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2007, 11:03:22 PM »

When comparing loudness and sounds, it's important to make note if you are running true duals or stock headers. True duals will make any set of mufflers substantially louder.

Johnnymap:  If you want to ride over from Plano, you can try out my fullsacs. They're just sitting on the shelf with my other cast aways.  I'm just past the 30/820 split just west of Fort Worth.
:soapbox:

Johnnymap:

Considering Fullsac conversion on my SE Ultra, wondering why you put yours on the shelf??

Lonewolf2

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2007, 03:10:55 AM »

Good morning lonewolf2,

:welcome_005: on the CVO website.

It would be fine for the other members if you present you in the thread "New Member Introduction"
with a pic of your bike    :2vrolijk_21:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.886 seconds with 21 queries.