Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Catalytic Conveter Removal-Warranty  (Read 19807 times)

ky street glide

Catalytic Conveter Removal-Warranty
« on: September 10, 2009, 11:38:55 PM »

If I remove the Catalytic Converter from my 2010 SE Street Glide, does anyone know if it will it void my warranty?

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
Re: Catalytic Conveter Removal-Warranty
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 01:45:56 AM »

I wouldn't worry about it. I removed my cat from my '09 SEUC and the rear exhaust valve bent when I was on a road trip. The local harley dealer only pulled the camshaft cover to see if the cam was stock and since it was, they eneded up replacing the entire rear cylinder, piston, and head assembly under warranty.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 08:53:34 AM »

If I remove the Catalytic Converter from my 2010 SE Street Glide, does anyone know if it will it void my warranty?

Removing the catalytic converter on your Harley is no different than removing a catalytic converter on your car.  It voids the emissions warranty and it makes the vehicle illegal to operate on public roads.  As to what would happen to your regular warranty, that would depend on what parts failed.  Something like a defective ignition switch or other non-related part should still be covered.  However, some dealers and companies take a hard line and refuse to work on an illegally modified vehicle.  They do not want to be held accountable.

Now, in the real world it is highly unlikely you will have an issue.  Unlike an automobile, where anyone can stick their head under the car and see the cat(s), your's is hidden inside the head pipe.  To determine if it is still there would require someone to remove the muffler and look up the pipe.  It would also require the person working on the bike to know the cat was supposed to be there.  Based on conversations I've overheard, and posts here on the site, I don't think the typical dealership tech knows what bikes have them and what bikes don't.

Final word:  It's your bike, do what you want.  The odds of you ever getting nailed are slim to none, unless you live somewhere where they enact tailpipe emissions checks.  In that case, you would have to buy a new head pipe and put the ECM back to stock.  NBD

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 10:45:52 AM »

They are not able to meassure the missing of a cst .
The difference with ( about 0.95 CO2 ) and without cat ( maybe about 1.05 CO2 ) is far below the maximum allowed number of 4.5 percent in volume of the emission control law here in germany .
Don`t worry about that .
Warranty depending on the missing of the cat should not be interestijng for any dealer and the MoCo , and i am sure that they don`t care about because they know that the bike runs cooler and better without the cat .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 06:53:23 PM »

Well, I'll be the bad guy here! Technically, it's illegal to tamper with emission control systems on ANY motor vehicle! According to HD, if you tamper with your motor at all, you void the w.....ty. According to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, they can only deny w.....ty if your alteration caused the failure. According to Hoist!, FTW!!!!! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 09:08:44 PM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

That's true.  However, considering the 96 no California bikes and the 103 do not have cat's, I would suspect that HD would cover virtually any issue (except maybe the header itself).

I actually put a 96 nonCat header on mine.

:coolblue: :coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 09:14:54 PM »

That's true.  However, considering the 96 no California bikes and the 103 do not have cat's, I would suspect that HD would cover virtually any issue (except maybe the header itself).

That was true of the '09 models.  What about the 2010 models?  I think you will find that they all have catalytic converters now, unless I got some bogus info.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 10:20:19 PM »

Well, I'll be the bad guy here! Technically, it's illegal to tamper with emission control systems on ANY motor vehicle! According to HD, if you tamper with your motor at all, you void the w.....ty. According to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, they can only deny w.....ty if your alteration caused the failure. According to Hoist!, FTW!!!!! ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
I agree, I think you get the warranty worshipers telling how everything you do voids your warranty.  Which technically is true.  However if you change your exhaust and your radio fails or heated grips quit working take it to the dealer and tell them to fix it.  If they give you any trouble burn the building down. :huepfenlol2: Bottom line is the dealer sells, installs, tunes all for profit.  They are interested in profits and selling you another bike.  Tell me again my warranty is void because you sold me a SERT and dyno tuned it so it would not run so lean and hot???  Sure I will be back to buy my next bike from you.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 11:14:25 PM »

:bananarock: :apple: :carrot:

I didn't look myself but the tech's in South Texas said the 2010's have no cat for the 96 and 103.

:coolblue: :coolblue: 
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 1999 Road King

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 11:19:45 PM »

Tech Specs for 2010 says they are in all touring manuals.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 11:57:20 PM »

:( :( :(

Your right one of my riding buddies said his brand new 2010 Ultra has the cat.  HD had to meet stricter requirements.

He said all of the 2-1-2 exhausts have the cat including the Fat Bob (non CVO)

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

:confused5: :confused5:

Former 1999 Road King

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 08:34:43 AM »

:bananarock: :apple: :carrot:

I didn't look myself but the tech's in South Texas said the 2010's have no cat for the 96 and 103.

Its amazing that the techs are always the last to know about upgrades, service bulletins Etc.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 12:25:00 PM »

:o :o :o

Just left my HD dealership and its true the 2010's have a new O2 sensor location and the now infamous cat. 

Just another challenge for the aftermarket guys.

And my buddy says the right side is hotter than his 08.

Former 1999 Road King

factoryhdtech

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 10:28:09 AM »

Its amazing that the techs are always the last to know about upgrades, service bulletins Etc.

FYI, the Motor Company does not share ANY emissions information with dealership staff, via service bulletins, or any other resource. In fact you will not find anything about emissions control in any literature that HD provides.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 10:41:23 AM »

:nixweiss:

:confused5:

:nervous:

Former 1999 Road King

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 12:25:10 PM »

FYI, the Motor Company does not share ANY emissions information with dealership staff, via service bulletins, or any other resource. In fact you will not find anything about emissions control in any literature that HD provides.

If by that comment you mean they don't label the information with a big sticker that says "Emission Control", then you're probably correct.  Otherwise, I have to disagree.  There is an entire separate manual that deals with emission control items, among other things, called the Electrical Diagnostic Manual.  All that stuff in there about sensors, ECM's, diagnostic codes, etc., is part of emission control.  It isn't necessary to label it as such, anyone who knows anything about the subject knows what it is.  Also, unless H-D has stopped it to save a few more bucks they can divert to executive compensation, they used to offer new model training that would cover these types of issues as well.  As is the case with all such training, it is up to the dealer to send his people to the training.  Maybe you should ask your service manager or dealer about that.  BTW, if you glance through the Tech Forum information from H-D, you'll find several references to catalytic converters, even in the Dyna section and the Sportster section.  So much for your contention that H-D doesn't share any info with you about emission controls.

IMHO, anyone who wants to be considered a professional can't just sit back and wait for the information to be hand delivered and spoon fed to him.  If H-D doesn't make any of this info available, how do you suppose those of us not in the business find out all about it?  If we can do it, an insider like a dealership employee can surely do it.  I don't accept the excuse that H-D didn't specifically tell you, so it's OK for you not to know and to not be able to answer a customer's question.  If you don't know, offer to find out, don't just blow the customer off.  Ask questions of the boss, who may have the info and just hasn't passed it along yet.  Or check the H-D web site for the info, or contact the tech hotline if necessary.  Or lord forbid, walk over to a few of the new bikes and look.  I think a quick visual examination might shed some light on certain items, maybe even the question about catalytic converters being on all 2010 Touring models.

Jerry

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 12:44:28 PM »

Oh my god.  Is there an emoticon of an ostrich with its head buried?  It is way to f&*%^g easy to be reminded why I work on my own rather than trust the damn dealership staffs.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 01:09:08 PM »

Oh my god.  Is there an emoticon of an ostrich with its head buried?  It is way to f&*%^g easy to be reminded why I work on my own rather than trust the damn dealership staffs.
anticipating a papal visit  :huepfenjump3:  :oops:   :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 01:14:48 PM »

anticipating a papal visit  :huepfenjump3:  :oops:   :huepfenlol2:

Oh crap, not another Inquisition.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 05:17:18 PM »

That is a sad commentary, in my experience it also applies to ABS, Kick Stand, and ECM upgrades that I would never have known about had I relied on my dealership.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 05:23:53 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Former 1999 Road King

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 05:41:34 PM »

For some its a lifestyle. Others, just a job.

The 2010 cat info flew through this place like Katrina the same day the 2010 parts books hit the dealers hands.
The word "catalyst" right after the part number kinda gives it away.
With all due respect, the 2010 cat info did originate from an HD parts counter.

Steve George
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

ky street glide

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 10:51:59 PM »

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I ordered a core bit to remove the cat on my 2010 SESG.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2009, 11:14:39 PM »

Former 1999 Road King

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 01:15:48 AM »

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I ordered a core bit to remove the cat on my 2010 SESG.

Sooner or later you will remove the cat complete , send it to Stev t fullsac when you do not trust to do it on your own , or search a welding-shop where they can do it , needs half an hour for sawing , removing complete and welding together again , $50 upto $100 bucks should be the price and it is the end-solution , a cored cat will not satisfy you . ( save these bucks and work )  :2vrolijk_21:

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 07:55:30 AM »

:drink:

Remove the cat fully.

Works the best.  ANd is not that expensive.

:nervous: :nervous:

Former 1999 Road King

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2009, 06:03:28 PM »

so your saying no 2010 103" have cats?

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2009, 06:13:49 PM »

so your saying no 2010 103" have cats?

They have 'em.
HOGMIKE

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 06:14:35 PM »

yes they have them
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 09:17:40 PM »

8) :huepfenjump3: :drink:

Actually, all 2-1-2 exhaust systems on the 2010's have cat's  Touring, Fat Bob's etc.

:coolblue:

Former 1999 Road King

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2009, 10:06:32 PM »

8) :huepfenjump3: :drink:

Actually, all 2-1-2 exhaust systems on the 2010's have cat's  Touring, Fat Bob's etc.

to bad its such a hassle to get the cat out

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2009, 11:33:46 PM »

And the number of 09 non cat's is going away fast.

Going to have to go with V&H when they get them out.

Glad I have a 09 with out the cat.

Rode today.  Runs great.

Former 1999 Road King

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2009, 01:27:29 AM »

Once started to remove the headpipe , it is just a easy job , you need a welding friend for ten minutes and another hour ( if you are not experienced ) to get the headpipe back on the bike .
 I first too hesitated , but it was really easy at the end , don`t worry , just try it .  :2vrolijk_21:

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2009, 08:21:53 AM »

what part of the country you in

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2009, 09:25:02 AM »

And the number of 09 non cat's is going away fast.

Going to have to go with V&H when they get them out.

Glad I have a 09 with out the cat.

Rode today.  Runs great.

does the moco sell the header pipe without the cat that fit the 10's????????

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2009, 09:28:30 AM »

does the moco sell the header pipe without the cat that fit the 10's????????

Part numbers show 3 versions..............all with cats.
HOGMIKE

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009, 09:49:30 AM »

Part numbers show 3 versions..............all with cats.

kinda figured that.    maybe someone will come up with a nice replacement

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009, 10:10:19 AM »

;D ;D ;D

Vance and Hines, Rinehart and the rest will come up with a replacement.  Couple that with Mastertune TTS, Fuel Pak's and Power Commanders, we will be able to retro the bikes to our liking.

All at significant expense.

Former 1999 Road King

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2009, 01:15:42 PM »

As far as warranty, when I tried to get HD to take my lemon back, the rep they flew out to inspect the bike claimed I had done major engine mofications: true dual exhaust and high flow air filter (which was actually stock). And the rep missed the leak!  I have the letter and can show anyone.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2009, 03:27:05 PM »

thats the way it is

if the dealer will warranty a modification its all good as long as that dealer is doing the work

but if hd gets involved - change exh, air cleaner, cams etc with non street legal parts and the entire engine warranty is void

and regardless of what folks say about magnussun moss - changing pipes changes mixture and that changes temps and violates epa - so they do have the legal right to void the entire engine warranty if the pipes are changed.

to

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2009, 03:46:14 PM »

True.

Former 1999 Road King

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 03:59:44 PM »

If they can prove that the changes had a direct affect on the problem

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2009, 04:14:22 PM »

>:( >:(

Would be hard to prove that an engine that's running cooler with more power and no new cams or internal components would cause a true engine failure.

A lot depends on the dealer.

Former 1999 Road King

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2009, 08:56:43 AM »

that misses the point entirely.

if the dealer will fix it fine - that does NOT mean that hd will reimburse them at all.

hd does not have to PROVE anything - if its got a non numbered exhaust or a non numbered air cleaner its tampered, end of story.

the epa tampering law says that if its tampered with the warranty is void - the warranty printed with the bike says if its tampered with the warranty is void. hd wont warranty the engine if its tampered with.

tamper is a LEGAL term, has nothing to do with how it runs or not, what it means is that the engine no longer complies with the epa certification.

many folks try and confuse epa tampering with magnusson moss - why i havent a clue - magnussun moss will mean that the warranty on the radio is ok even if the engine warranty is void. it means that you can install a air filter made by any mfg as long as it has the little carb symbol on it or the epa compliance number. same with muffler if it has a carb number or a epa number its ok. if you however put a air cleaner and exh on the engine that do not have a carb number or a epa number then by law the warranty on that engine is void. its draconian and simple. it does not matter who makes the parts - if they have a number that lists that application to that engine its ok. v&h for example can mfg mufflers for a cvo ultra, get it approved, get a carb number on it and sell it to you, that numbered muffler would not void the warranty.

many dealers do extend personal dealer warranty coverage to bikes that they have put non compliant parts on. but you are relying on the DEALER to stay in biz and honor that dealer warranty - hd will not honor a dealer warranty, nor do they have to, in fact if hd did warrant a dealer non epa engine hd would get slapped with a big fine at some point, probably years later when it becomes worth the time to look through the books, add up the illegal claims and issue a fine with enough zeros on it to pay for the investigators time.

this HAS happened at a number of locations in the last 5 years. many companies have paid 6 and 7 zero fines in the last few years. that is why the new pc doesnt change the mixture in the rpm ranges that represent legal speeds but only change the mixture when "racing" and also why that company amongst others doesnt advertise like they used to - no cash on hand any more, it all went to epa to cover the fines.

to

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2009, 10:54:31 AM »

:soapbox: :soapbox:

I agree that HD could do that.  However, HD replaced my 07 SEUC 110 three time, all under warranty and for sure they could have denied all three times.  The last one was on a global recall for the 110 engine.  The engine they replaced (although all of the parts were purchased and installed by the dealer) clearly did not meet the "official" warranty standard.  D&D pipes, Thundermax Fuel management etc.

I have yet to see one denied engine claim at my dealership via HD for pipes or AC or even fuel management.  However, I'm sure it has happened.

Best top leave them alone and not risk it.

Former 1999 Road King

rickcohen

« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2009, 10:43:52 AM »

I was having lots of issues because of the converter or so I was told by my local Harley Shop (pay stupid amount for a bike and it keeps stalling out because of pipes!!)..they wanted to place a new header on bike for about a thousand bucks more (whats wrong with this picture?)...did not mention voiding the warranty. I have a 2009 CVO Road Glide anyone know where you can get a set of inexpensive header pipes? And what I should get? Feel free to email me awpc@shaw.ca! Also thanks to I think his name was Derreck or Dexter in Reno for this site info!!! Hope your 5 thousand mile went painlessly! Thanks!
Rick

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2009, 10:57:18 AM »

I was having lots of issues because of the converter or so I was told by my local Harley Shop (pay stupid amount for a bike and it keeps stalling out because of pipes!!)..they wanted to place a new header on bike for about a thousand bucks more (whats wrong with this picture?)...did not mention voiding the warranty. I have a 2009 CVO Road Glide anyone know where you can get a set of inexpensive header pipes? And what I should get? Feel free to email me awpc@shaw.ca! Also thanks to I think his name was Derreck or Dexter in Reno for this site info!!! Hope your 5 thousand mile went painlessly! Thanks!
Rick
Here is a set - 09 Catless Header that already has the cat removed.

Also welcome to the site when you get a chance you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2009, 05:21:44 PM »

Rick

Find another dealer!
There should be no "issues" on a new bike IMO.
HOGMIKE

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2009, 06:19:33 PM »

>:( >:(

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

get another dealer.

Former 1999 Road King

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 06:37:51 PM »

Ric
  Look at event section meet and great 8pm lot,s of 09 serg owner there , YOU GOT NO PROBLEM  don,t stress--AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2009, 06:40:58 PM »

I,m burning my way to 1,000 post,s  break neck speed . look out i,ll get there only been on since 2003.  Ironic I,m in 1000 plus photo,s ---AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2009, 07:31:06 PM »

Your bike should run just fine with the convertor, What issues are you having?I would run not walk to another dealer.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2009, 08:02:04 PM »

>:( >:( >:(

Yes, the bike should run fine stock.  Might be a little short on power, run damned hot and run quiet, but it should run without question.

If not, get to another dealer and if all else fails use the "lemon law" and a lawyer.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Former 1999 Road King
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 21 queries.