Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Fullsac x pipe  (Read 15644 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: Fullsac x pipe
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 06:57:00 PM »

Header pipes now on order from fullsac, so will let you know how I get on with the install when they arrive.  Have to say they are a good company to deal with, answered all my queries via email very promptly, which seems to be rare these days.  Interesting thing is that these header pipes seem to be new to the UK & after speaking to my dealer about re-mapping etc. they are keen to see the results, hopefully more business over here for fullsac.  :cucumber: :cucumber:

Excellent! :2vrolijk_21:

I just ordered the Fullsac X-Pipe Stage 1 kit with the TTS MasterTune and Fullsac 2" baffles. The baffles are going in the stock cans to retain the stock look but have much better performance and sound than the EPA H-D baffles that come stock.  I'm having a friend who really knows what he's doing do the install and tuning work next Saturday. It will be an all-day job - with the afternoon devoted to the tuning exercise.

I am told the bike will fairly scream after he gets done with it... can't WAIT for my FULL SAC!!!    :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange:

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

• CVO1: FLHXSESG2
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 02:07:35 PM »

Great service from Fullsac (many thanks), pipes arrived in UK after 3 days, but then spent the next 4 days clearing customs, personally just see it as them trying to justify charging VAT & import duty  >:(
X pipe fitted today with existing V&H high outputs & remapped with the SEPST, sounds awesome & rides a lot better than before, also seems to run a bit cooler but have not had time to give it a long run yet, all in all very pleased with the X Pipe, a great product & great people to deal with, but have to say without this CVO Forum & the members posting I would never have heard about it, thanks guys for your input  :cucumber: :cucumber: :cucumber:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 07:37:27 PM »

Getting rid of the cat is the first thing to do. Opening up the exhaust by replacing the baffles or replacing the stock mufflers with free-flowing ones is the second thing to do. Then tuning it to remap the ECM so the AFR is correct at all times is the next thing to do.

On Saturday, Mr. Wizard got the Fullsac X-Pipe on, the Fullsac 2" baffles in the stock cans, and the HQ Black Ops lifters and Andrews 54H cams in. BTW, ALWAYS replace the CRAP INA caged bearings with Torrington bearings when replacing your cams. Can't believe the MoCo continues to use these pieces of junk...

Then on Sunday, I did 10 tuning runs to collect V-Tune data, so the Wizard could tune the VE and EGR maps with the TTS MasterTune. He says we still don't have enough V-Tune data... I will have to take the bike out and do some long runs on highways working through the gears at low and high RPM and throttle settings to collect enough good and complete V-Tune data to fill in all of the pink cells in the grid (the "insufficient data" cells). It's a time-consuming process to do it right, because every engine breathes differently, even though they're all made from the same parts. The more data you can collect in the various ranges, the better you can tune the map to the individual operating characteristics of your specific bike, and the better your bike will perform. As long as you have a good tuner who knows what they are doing, that is... fortunately, I DO!

I think the bike performs like a scalded dog now... but the Wizard says we can do even better with more V-Tune data... and who am I to argue with him?  :bananarock: :orange: :bananarock: :orange:  :huepfenjump3: :orange: :bananarock: :orange: :bananarock:

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 08:57:31 AM »

Then get your butt-o-meter on that seat and get me some VTune runs. We left a lot of tune on the shop floor. Need to sweep up.

ps... don't forget to bungee cord yourself to that rocket.

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 09:28:51 AM »

Following this thread...!!
Are you going to get a dyno or just go with the best running tune?
YaHooo!!
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 09:48:57 AM »

Then get your butt-o-meter on that seat and get me some VTune runs. We left a lot of tune on the shop floor. Need to sweep up.

ps... don't forget to bungee cord yourself to that rocket.

Yes SIR... I'll get right on it, SIR! Just as soon as I can get the cables and a netbook.... not putting my prized 17" MacBook Pro through THAT torture...

The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 09:53:55 AM »

Following this thread...!!
Are you going to get a dyno or just go with the best running tune?
YaHooo!!

Best-running tune on the street for now. Maybe dyno it later... but only if I can talk the Wiz into doing it with me... I don't trust anyone else with this beast he's created! I will dyno it eventually, after he's happy with the tune... if for no other reason than to have a "Brag Sheet", and make minor timing adjustments if any are needed...

The Wizard's Tune

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 11:23:35 PM »

Great service from Fullsac (many thanks), pipes arrived in UK after 3 days, but then spent the next 4 days clearing customs, personally just see it as them trying to justify charging VAT & import duty  >:(
X pipe fitted today with existing V&H high outputs & remapped with the SEPST, sounds awesome & rides a lot better than before, also seems to run a bit cooler but have not had time to give it a long run yet, all in all very pleased with the X Pipe, a great product & great people to deal with, but have to say without this CVO Forum & the members posting I would never have heard about it, thanks guys for your input  :cucumber: :cucumber: :cucumber:
Early signs are it definitely runs cooler, spent quite a bit of time stuck in traffic the other day & it was an improvement on the last time, runs a lot better than with the stock headers, may have to add baffles to the high outputs as although on short runs the sound is great, but on a long run the other day (motorway) it was too much....Other option is to put the stock mufflers back on ? If I do this does anyone know if I will need to re-map again ?  :cucumber:

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 10:31:23 AM »

Early signs are it definitely runs cooler, spent quite a bit of time stuck in traffic the other day & it was an improvement on the last time, runs a lot better than with the stock headers, may have to add baffles to the high outputs as although on short runs the sound is great, but on a long run the other day (motorway) it was too much....Other option is to put the stock mufflers back on ? If I do this does anyone know if I will need to re-map again ?  :cucumber:

You may want to consider the stock mufflers with the Fullsac cores. You can  get the size you like and tune the sound to your liking.
May be worth a call to Fullsac, they can provide a map to put the whole combination together.
Just a thought.
 8)
HOGMIKE

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 02:04:44 PM »

You may want to consider the stock mufflers with the Fullsac cores. You can  get the size you like and tune the sound to your liking.
May be worth a call to Fullsac, they can provide a map to put the whole combination together.
Just a thought.
 8)
Was thinking of that as an option, but as I have the high outputs fitted, thought it might be worth trying their quiet baffles, which apparently just slide into the end of the muffler.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 11:26:34 PM »

Are the majority of you guys that run the FullSac set up whether its the x-pipe or cored OEM headers with baffels and TTS using pre-set maps or dyno.  I spoke with someone thr other day who has the x-pipe, 2.5 cors and TTS and loves the base map.  I'm up fro suggestions.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Paul1

• Senior CVO Member
  • CVO SESG2, FXDC

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 09:56:47 AM »

Are the majority of you guys that run the FullSac set up whether its the x-pipe or cored OEM headers with baffels and TTS using pre-set maps or dyno.  I spoke with someone thr other day who has the x-pipe, 2.5 cors and TTS and loves the base map.  I'm up fro suggestions.
Mines got the SEPST tuner & was no problem mapping. Sorry can't comment on the TTS. :cucumber:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 12:10:22 PM »

I'm using a base map in mine and it runs great, gets decent gas mileage, and the drivability over the stock map is vastly improved.  Perhaps a little tweaking by a really good tuner would get another 1-2% power out of it, but that isn't worth the money for me.  1 or 2 ft. lbs. of TQ for $200?  And there's no promise that will happen.  If you start changing cams and stuff, that's a different story.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 02:59:40 PM »

I think the base map is great as well- two separate tuners told me it's not worth a custom tune, as it runs so well with the Fullsac map, and the curves on the dyno are ideal.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

wideglidejoe

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 07:01:25 PM »

I've got a '11 FLHTCUSE6.  I went with the Fullsac X "B", their 2.0" baffles in my stock cans, and the Fullsac map, and I couldn't be happier!  Both baffles took about an hour total, the X pipe took about an hour, and the map took about half an hour, only because I'm not a computer geek.  About 95% of the heat is gone, the bike is much more responsive, and much more "ride-able".  I'm very pleased with Fullsac.  Cruising in 6th at about 70 isn't much louder than stock.  Cruisin in 6th at 3,000 rpm, the pipes just start talking a little.  Idling and running thru the gears, it sounds much better than stock.
2011 FLHTCUSE6 Blue
2005 Wide Glide
1962 Mustang Bronco Scooter
1972 Indian (Italjet 50cc) minibike
1965 AC Cobra replica
1955 Chevy Bel Air
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 24 queries.