Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: 2012 Pipes?  (Read 7239 times)

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
Re: 2012 Pipes?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2012, 10:33:14 PM »

I thought the stock SESG pipes were pretty lame until I rode a stock Soft Tail Deluxe.  Even with the 103 motor, the softtail was like riding a toy.  The screamin' eagle mufflers  on the SESG are much better than the non-CVO bikes.  At least I could hear a muffled whimper when I gunned the stock CVO mufflers.

The final straw was when I stopped in a super market parking lot to let an elderly gentleman slowly cross in front of me.  Half way across the crosswalk, he looked up at me with a surprised look on his face and said "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were waiting, couldn't hear you".  I ordered my Bassanis later that day.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2012, 12:21:25 AM »

I thought the stock SESG pipes were pretty lame until I rode a stock Soft Tail Deluxe.  Even with the 103 motor, the softtail was like riding a toy.  The screamin' eagle mufflers  on the SESG are much better than the non-CVO bikes.  At least I could hear a muffled whimper when I gunned the stock CVO mufflers.

The final straw was when I stopped in a super market parking lot to let an elderly gentleman slowly cross in front of me.  Half way across the crosswalk, he looked up at me with a surprised look on his face and said "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were waiting, couldn't hear you".  I ordered my Bassanis later that day.

So... maybe loud pipes DO save lives... the ELDERLY PEDESTRIANS' ONES!!!  :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2012, 07:13:57 AM »

How well do the stock mufflers work with say a V&H true dual head pipe?  I'm not sure I want to fork out the cash for mufflers at the same time as the head pipes?  Just a thought

I would recommend a fullsac X pipe or a Fuel Moto x-pipe.  Stock shield fit over them.  Then the fullsac baffles for the stock mufflers.  You will get very good performance and sound.  The X-Pipe is popular way to go on this forum.  Both my bike and my wifes bike run the X-Pipe, hers the Fullsac and mine the Fuel moto.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Candy Cobalt/Twilight BLUE RG
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2012, 10:15:19 AM »

I would recommend a fullsac X pipe or a Fuel Moto x-pipe.  Stock shield fit over them.  Then the fullsac baffles for the stock mufflers.  You will get very good performance and sound.  The X-Pipe is popular way to go on this forum.  Both my bike and my wifes bike run the X-Pipe, hers the Fullsac and mine the Fuel moto.

Thanks Dave, I wasn't aware of an aftermarket head pipe that worked with stock heat shields.  I hate the looks of the aftermarket true dual and V&H X pipes so these are excellent options.  I think I'm going to take your path with the fuel moto and fullsac 2" baffles for the stock mufflers.  What tuner (if any) is required by going this route?

11UltraSE6

• 2011.5 SEUC

• CVO1: 2011.5 SEUC
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2012, 10:42:11 AM »

I started out by putting the CFR slip ons on the stock header pipe. Sounded good. No tuner needed. Then I upgraded the stock header to the Fullsac X-pipe and the TTS master tune. Scares Old people Now. Much better. If you don't want to spend big bucks you can find stock header pipes on ebay for cheap that have the cat gutted and try that out. Good luck.

Combat Veterans of America MC

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2012, 10:43:48 AM »

Thanks Dave, I wasn't aware of an aftermarket head pipe that worked with stock heat shields.  I hate the looks of the aftermarket true dual and V&H X pipes so these are excellent options.  I think I'm going to take your path with the fuel moto and fullsac 2" baffles for the stock mufflers.  What tuner (if any) is required by going this route?

My advice would be the TTS tuner...there is likely a canned map available that would be good enough for that combo.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2012, 06:56:49 AM »

Thanks Dave, I wasn't aware of an aftermarket head pipe that worked with stock heat shields.  I hate the looks of the aftermarket true dual and V&H X pipes so these are excellent options.  I think I'm going to take your path with the fuel moto and fullsac 2" baffles for the stock mufflers.  What tuner (if any) is required by going this route?
If your going that route, Steve at Fullsac has the tuner I would go with, the TTS Master Tune.  He will also give you a map for that pipe set up on your bike with the TTS.  It will run very well with his map.

That is exactly what I did with my wifes street glide.  I also use the same Tuner on my CVO road glide.  I also used the fullsac head pipe, 2 1/4 baffles and TTS tuner on my 09 CVO road glide.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 24 queries.