Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: Looking for a good 2 into 1 exhaust.  (Read 16664 times)

CVO Ultra

Looking for a good 2 into 1 exhaust.
« on: June 13, 2014, 08:56:06 PM »

Guys I'm asking for some help on deciding on a good 2 into 1 exhaust for my 2013 CVO Ultra. I've got it narrowed down to D&D Fat cat with louvered baffle, V&H Pro Pipe and RB Racing. The pros and cons are much appreciated and I don't want it to be so loud I can't enjoy the ride.
Thanks, Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 11:41:54 PM by CVO Ultra »

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
Re: Looking for a good 2 into 1 exhaust.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 09:12:03 PM »

Go with that d&d I have the RB 2 into 1 with no baffel,do not buy this one very hard to tune right.The other RB with baffels might be different but i dont know?
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

mamacdonald

• my cvo
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 10:19:35 PM »

According to the d&d website...they have a new 2 into 1 pipe coming out July 31 called stubby cat....from the pictures I think it looks sweet

CVO Ultra

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 11:27:48 PM »

Thanks guys!

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 10:32:34 AM »

looks like a D&D came up for sale yesterday check the sell board FYI  :2vrolijk_21:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 11:35:44 AM »

I have heard this pipe and it sounds great/ the dyno sheets I have seen it works very well.
Dragos
http://dragosbikeworks.com/Drago's-Dragula-2-1.html
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 12:09:57 PM »

I am installing the V&H Pro Pipe this week. Had it before and like the sound.

CVO Ultra

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 01:58:17 PM »

LC110 how loud were the Drago's?

screamingCVO how loud are the Pro Pipe?

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »

Dragos I heard had a nice deep tone while going down the road. I was riding beside and behind the bike.
The sound did not bother me or my wife. When he got on the throttle it had a nice powerful sound.
On a scale of 1-10 10 being too loud. I would say cruising @70mph it would be a 4 and on the throttle a 7.
Here is a video that may help.
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 10:18:55 PM »

I had the Bassani B4 2>1 on my last bike, and really liked it.  When I went on rides, I always preferred the sound of the Bassani.  Deeper and not as loud as D&D.  For me, Thunderheader and D&D are too loud.  Plus, it has a distinct look the way it curves around the transmission cover.  The best looking pipe, IMHO.  I would like to try the Dragos, too.

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 10:20:04 PM »

From behind.  Good luck with whatever you do.

Dan

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 10:24:35 PM »

It's really too bad you didn't include the Drago 2-1 pipe. I sold my D&D and switched to the Drago for about 2/3rd the price and better quality. Love it. Frank is a top notch guy as well.  ;)

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 01:04:01 AM »

The Wrath pipe is the same as the Drago pipe. I have 3 of them in the shop currently. Rush has stated to me they are the same as well and Drago confirmed this to me so. A top Rush employee stated to me that Drago had nothing to do with the design, engineering or development of the pipe. Hard for me to recommend someones products that claims to be something they aren't.  Reminds me of the Power Commander 3 with a Fuel Moto label on it and the software that comes with the "FM" tuner that says Power Commander right on it's software and is identical once loaded also. I see no need to buy from a middle man and have to deal with the middle man if a warranty issue arises and since Drago orders large quantities of these pipes. I have found that it's faster to get them directly from Rush because you don't have to wait until they have a bulk amount of them ready and then wait for the ship time for Drago to get them. JMO, you can do as you choose but I prefer to give credit where credit is due and not to someone claiming something that is not. Pictures of the two laying next to each other including baffle or whatever else you prefer to see available if requested.
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 01:05:44 AM »

I'm not interested in the story there's always 2 sides and I'm tired of you vendors bashing each other it's very unprofessional.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 03:08:01 AM »

I am tuning a Drago's for a Fatboy 131.  Rush would not supply me with the steps or 3 inch plus baffle I was looking for.  Frank did.  Last week I tested the new header from Drago's.  The new design helps with riders felt heat.  Hopefully Rush will follow suit.

I have had great luck with RB racing.  What pipe are you looking at? 

CVO Ultra

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 06:32:22 AM »

Thanks everyone!

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 06:42:52 AM »

I have ridden behind a few that had the D&D.   Really loud and that's all I hear.  I have to back to the end of the line when that happens.  The drago seems deeper to me and not quite as loud.  Tho is is pretty loud to me still.  Good luck on your decision.   Stuart.

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2014, 11:12:49 AM »

My post wasn't intended "to bash" but rather to enlighten people on what I and others know as the truth. If you want to bury your head in the sand and hear only what makes you feel warm and fuzzy, I don't think a forum should operate that way. I think they should let people know what they are getting for their money and be completely open and honest without sugar coating the truth. The truth and the proof of how things work is what evolves the forum and the bikes that we ride that we strive to make run better. To add to that, it also gives credit where it's due, to the company or the man or whomever did the work and research and spent their money and time to learn more about what works in what way and what doesn't. If I put my name on the tip of a D&D pipe, does that mean it's mine or that I should get credit for it? If there was something different about the pipe that I changed, that's a different story. Sometimes the truth is ugly but it is what it is. I didn't do anything other than state the truth as it was told to me by both parties. If you came up with a cure for cancer and i put a label on the bottle with my name on it that the cure came in, should I get credit for your work and time spent to come up with the cure?

Edit: I hated to find what I stated above to be true, I truly did and I didn't want to believe it when I heard it but again, both parties ended up telling me themselves that what I stated above are the facts. I know Drago has stated he intends to make some changes and he has done builds that prove his ability. I just don't appreciate being deceived and I think members if forums should get the whole story on products and not turn the place into an unreliable source of promotion and slap ass and high fives when things seem like they're one thing but in reality they're another.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 07:16:22 PM by INDEPENDENT_1 »

independentmcshop.com

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 01:46:52 PM »

Again, and I thought I made this clear last time, I don't care? What ever beef you have I'm tired of seeing on here. Jesus your rants take on entire pages, take it up with Frank.

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2014, 04:52:47 PM »

Then why do you even read the post?  :confused5: Someone else might care to know. The forum should be a tool for information, not cheerleading for false or misleading information. Don't take my word for it, ask hillside, Vee twin, Strokerjlk, Fuel Moto, hell, ask the people (Rush) that designed and manufacture the pipe.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:05:31 PM by INDEPENDENT_1 »

independentmcshop.com

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 06:36:10 PM »

While I have not dealt with Drago or Rush, and do not see myself doing so in the near future, I appreciate the information that INDEPENDENT_1 provided.  At least now, I can make an informed decision and compare apples to apples and have a choice with whom to deal with to get the same product.  In the end, I would choose the one that provides the better service.

IMO, I also did not see his post as bashing another vendor.

:oops: :nixweiss:

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 06:40:11 PM by charles05663 »
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 06:58:02 PM »

While I have not dealt with Drago or Rush, and do not see myself doing so in the near future, I appreciate the information that INDEPENDENT_1 provided.  At least now, I can make an informed decision and compare apples to apples and have a choice with whom to deal with to get the same product.  In the end, I would choose the one that provides the better service.

IMO, I also did not see his post as bashing another vendor.

:oops: :nixweiss:
Shrug. There are previous occurrences you would need all the information from both parties.

Rubber side down.

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 07:09:25 PM »

Shrug. There are previous occurrences you would need all the information from both parties.

Rubber side down.

Exactly and you and I have never spoken about this but again, don't take my word for it, ask almost any other reputable shop and they'll tell you "all the other information" and not just my experience but theirs as well.

independentmcshop.com

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 08:00:33 PM »

We can ask all of your buddies what is what, and in the end.  What have we gained?  Most of the people that call my shop, PM, email, or ask on an open forum in the technical section.   IMO are more concerned about how the product performs and is it stood behind.  What I have seen with this exhaust or that with different combo's I have tuned.  Basically, experience.  Not the sewing circle crap.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 08:10:21 PM »

Exactly and you and I have never spoken about this but again, don't take my word for it, ask almost any other reputable shop and they'll tell you "all the other information" and not just my experience but theirs as well.
ZZZZZzzzzz... Moving on. 

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2014, 08:23:17 PM »

ZZZZZzzzzz... Moving on. 

Finally a hint of intelligence.

independentmcshop.com

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »

I agree, Jason and no complaints about how they perform from me. Rush did a nice job and I've got new ones here in the shop to install and tune, one already installed and ready to tune and I am currently running one myself on my own bike. Performance or lack of is not an issue with me. Rush has got a nice exhaust and their reputation speaks for itself. Their products are their products and I have no problem giving credit where credit is due.

independentmcshop.com

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2014, 08:33:09 PM »

Finally a hint of intelligence.
Very mature. They must be lining up at your door to have you work on their bikes judging by the amount of time you have to pick fights and throw barbs when the other guy isn't around to defend himself. Looks like your full time job is trolling the forum.  Stay classy.

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2014, 08:38:54 PM »

Very mature. They must be lining up at your door to have you work on their bikes judging by the amount of time you have to pick fights and throw barbs when the other guy isn't around to defend himself. Looks like your full time job is trolling the forum.  Stay classy.

60-65hrs a week for several months running now. Never too busy to be honest. I did decide to take a little break for Father's Day and way too classy to claim someone else's work as my own.

independentmcshop.com

Hotbo

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AR

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2014, 09:41:50 PM »

James is spot on with his post. i have a Dragos pipe.i was always told they were just a Rush Pipe with his name on it.well it is.take that for what you want.

as far as James and how busy he is  :orange: he is very busy and a 100 percent stand up feller.

without guys like him in this industry i have no idea were it would be.

Best of luck on your choice

Travis  :drink:
03 Fatty Hillside 124" Dragos(Rush wrath)pipe,Bored S&S G W/T-Jet

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

• CVO1: 2001 Sceamin eagle road glide (custom)
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2014, 04:56:50 AM »

I am installing the V&H Pro Pipe this week. Had it before and like the sound.

Im running a v&h pro pipe too.  Besides a few tuning hiccups, (nothing major),  My bike pulls hard right from tip off to the upper end.  I love the sound now.  Took awhile to get used to not so Harley sounds coming from it.  But now its awesome.  pretty quiet until you get on it.  then you know your on it.  My bike might sound different too because of the motor work done.  I have not been around a worked Harley motor before so I don't know.

All I know that my bike and pipe sound different than any other Harley around here,  even ones with 2-1 systems.  most of which are TH.

The pro pipe is a nice looking, sounding and performing pipe.
Mavericks RC
MFFM