Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Looking for header pipes for my CVO Limited  (Read 5326 times)

ultrarider123

Re: Looking for header pipes for my CVO Limited
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 12:51:41 PM »

To answer your question on any improvement....the answer is yes no matter what you choose (decatted stock header or Fullsac DX) but if you change the header, you need the tune.  I'm not as familier with the V&H product but lots of our folks here have 'em.  Thing is with the stock header that's been decatted, you save quite a bit as you can still use your heat shields and the cost for the header is much less.  You will spend a bit more for the Fullsac but you still get to use the stock shields....again, savings.  I've de-plugged and had my stock header de-catted and with a good tune using the SE race tuner, I'm in the 95HP/110lb/ft of tq range and that for around $800 (cost of the header, Dremel grinding wheels to remove the plug in my mufflers, SERT module and tune).  I'm very happy with the results...plus I saved a bit of labor on installing everything myself prior to the tune.  Would I get more out of it using the Fullsac?  May get a few more HP or lb/ft but for the money I've spent, I tickled.  Plus, I like the look of stock but not really stock.  If I were to go with something other than the decatted header, the Fullsac route with the TTS tuner was my choice.
You have quite a few comments on your original question so good luck in whatever route you choose.

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 01:18:01 PM »

Thanx for all the replies. Going with the Fullsac DX & TTS. I already have some V&H Slip ons that i will use that sound good.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 09:35:20 PM »

what type of problems will you have if you don't tune after a catless head pipe install

halfcirclej

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE 2011 Black Quartz
    • CVO2: FLHTCU 2008 WHITE GOLD PEARL
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 12:27:56 AM »

I just installed the fulsac DX headers an 2 inch baffles, the TTS tuner an down load from Steve. There is a big difference in heat from my 110 now. Haven't had it on the road yet to check milage. Just keeping my right leg from frying was what I was looking for an it's as cool as my 08 ultra classic now.
Bolted up perfect no leaks, no popping, an sound good also. I have vance/ hinze true duals with monster ovals on the 08. They are a little louder but both sound like a bike should. Fulsac was cheaper install because I just changed the baffles. V/H monster ovals were close to $800.00 plus head pipes.
I recommend Steve at Fulsac. He has been working on tunes a long time with the moco an started his own business now. He is a good man.
Mitch

ultrarider123

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 07:27:35 AM »

what type of problems will you have if you don't tune after a catless head pipe install

The bikes are pretty lean from the factory in the first place.  Making minor changes to the intake/exhaust (less restrictive air filter or different mufflers) normally don't require any changes/tune as the factory ECU can account for that.  Removing the cat or installing anoher brand header without the cat makes the lean condition that much greater.  Yes it will run but not near the way it should without a tune of some kind after that kind of modification.  Popping on decel really becomes noticable.  I changed out my header and ran it for about a week before I could get it in for a tune and decel popping, idle and running wasn't up to par....just too much air pushing through without the extra fuel to go with it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 07:30:18 AM by Haird »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.