Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seen the Vortaxx Pipe Ads?  (Read 2123 times)

Rhino

Seen the Vortaxx Pipe Ads?
« on: December 26, 2006, 08:22:11 PM »

I think I want a set of these true duals.  Could not find a thing on the internet, the company web site, or on a search, but there it was, in a full page ad, in the December and Jan issue of American Iron.  Made by (will be made by?)  Hard-Krome.  Find the ad, look for yourself, could this be too good to be true?  I can see it now, matching front and rear color exhaust caps in Harley Orange to match my B & O CVO.   Yahoo!.    

Oh yeh,  I had to call and ask whazzup.   They said, and I quote "the ads were set out to early, pipes are in  R & D and maaybe in the spring we will have product."

Uh Huh, it figures, get everyone in a frenzy to see the response before investing in the development perhaps?

But the product does look real fine if it comes true.  Sounds eerily familiar this kind of marketing.....

Rhino

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Seen the Vortaxx Pipe Ads?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 11:42:09 PM »

Rhino, did a Yahoo search and found something at the Dennis Kirk site.  Several listing for "Vortaxx" currently there though most have no pics yet associated and many have language to the effect of "more info coming."  One part number for a set of mufflers offered the following description (a different part number also reported as being for a complete system to include mufflers, pipes and end caps).

Stepped header tapers from 1 3/4 in. to 1 7/8 in. to 2 in. diameter with outer pipe measuring 2.75 in.
4 in. diameter outer muffler features RES-TEC (Reduced Sound Exhaust TEChnology)
Patented True Doublewall Construction completely eliminates blueing; inner pipe contains heat while full-length outer pipe acts as heat shield
CNC-machined billet end caps adorn the front and rear of muffler body
Feature dual O2 sensor port
Replacement and optional muffler cartridges:
2 in. i.d muffler cartridge - 4401570
2.25 in. i.d. muffler cartridge - 4401571
For optional colored end caps, order DK part nos:

Front (1 1/2 in. long)
Chrome - 4401582
Black - 4401583
Red - 4401584
Blue - 4401585
Gray - 4401586
Green - 4401587

Rear (3 in. long)
Chrome - 4401576
Black - 4401577
Red - 4401578
Blue - 4401579
Gray - 4401580
Green - 4401581

The mufflers were $500.00.  The complete system currently reported at $900.00.  All said "stock expected soon"

From the one pic associated with one of the ads (included here) I'm not sure what I'm seeing for their description of front and rear end caps.  But with the various color matched options show above here it sounds like a cool idea.  The end caps were being shown at $65 for fronts and $100.00 for rears.  The "complete" package was described as coming with the billet end caps.  Colors were all optional though.

The pic in the little web ad doesn't show much really.  Might even be only a filler image.  May have to go find a copy of AI on the shelf at the bookstore to see better pictures.

Rhino

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 04:32:38 PM »

Here is the ad.

Rhino

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 04:33:40 PM »

And they do not exist.

Rhino

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 06:36:51 PM »

Interesting.  I do kinda like the funky end caps.

Rhino

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 07:33:04 PM »

It is a dream kinda pipe for me.  No bluing, inner core, no heatshields required! And the inner cap and outer cap would match my B & O.

Rhino.

ps,  I am going to follow these, but I don't think it will be until March at BW here in Daytona that I may actually see a pair.  I'll keep ya posted on the board..

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 12:45:58 AM »

It is a dream kinda pipe for me.  No bluing, inner core, no heatshields required! And the inner cap and outer cap would match my B & O.

Rhino.

ps,  I am going to follow these, but I don't think it will be until March at BW here in Daytona that I may actually see a pair.  I'll keep ya posted on the board..

I'm actually pretty interested too Rhino.  After having been on and off a couple of times and the normal abuses of the road my pipes heat shields have a few battle marks anymore. Also got some blueing on one muffler and have a little jingling sound occasionally inside of one muffler recently.  Am going to pull the end cap and baffles off to see if it's something I can put a spot on.  But new pipes and mufflers in the spring wouldn't break my heart.  Especially given the way these are described being made and with the cool colored end caps.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 10:48:53 AM »

Here's another new pipe, just saw the ad in American Iron :http://roadburner.com/news.asp
Similar idea on the colored end caps, along with a colored spacer.  Looks kind of neat, no idea if the actual pipes are any good or not.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 01:05:59 PM »

Looks kind of neat, no idea if the actual pipes are any good or not.

Jerry

That's the fun part about this kind of stuff.  First reactions are to get all interested about how it looks.  Then we wonder if it actually works or not  [smiley=drink.gif] .

Rhino

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 06:28:17 PM »

The answer is hidden within.  Noitice that DG Performance licenses their technology to both Hard Krome and this new ad, Roadburner.  Marketeers will win.  Can't wait to see how it unfolds at Bike week in March.  They may be wonderful pipes the both of them, hope to see them on a real world test bike soon!!!!

Rhino

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 05:01:48 PM »

Strictly for appearance's sake my first reaction goes in favor of the Vortaxx for their more distinctive end cap that is without the adverstising so prominently displayed on the other product.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 05:02:48 PM by twolanerider »

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.