Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does anyone know if.....  (Read 2316 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Does anyone know if.....
« on: December 29, 2006, 06:30:58 PM »

The '02 Ultras came with catalytic covertors?
Would the right side be heavier than the left?

I have a set of mufflers off an '02 that I want to open up.
I know they won't be up to Performance Muffler standards.
I'm just looking for something a bit quieter than my FullSacs, and a bit louder than OEM.

Thanks
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re: Does anyone know if.....
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 08:55:17 AM »

Pretty sure they didn't, unless they were from Calif.  My 03 EG didn't have em. Do the fullsacs have any packing?  What size baffle are they?

Reason I ask is I've purchased some stock 07 CVO mufflers from a member here. The fullsac pepole say they make great donor muffllers and sound good due to the 1/4 inch outer material which kinda muffles the bark a little. I'm gonna send em off soon as I like the looks of the stockers and if I can get a mellow sounding , good touring muffler I'll be happy.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 10:33:33 AM »

Do you want to try my FullSacs and see if you like the sound? Maybe we could swap for a a week or so?
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 10:57:25 AM »

The '02 Ultras came with catalytic covertors?
Would the right side be heavier than the left?

I have a set of mufflers off an '02 that I want to open up.
I know they won't be up to Performance Muffler standards.
[highlight]I'm just looking for something a bit quieter than my FullSacs, and a bit louder than OEM.[/highlight]

Thanks

IH, You might want to listen to the S&S SPO's. They're the quietest peformance mufflers I've found. You can listen to them on their website under "Featured Items". The look's aren't for everyone though. Check 'em out. ;) Hoist!  8-)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 11:47:53 AM »

IH, You might want to listen to the S&S SPO's. They're the quietest peformance mufflers I've found. You can listen to them on their website under "Featured Items". The look's aren't for everyone though. Check 'em out. ;) Hoist!  8-)

Guys, I can tell you they don't sound too quiet - they've got a real pleasant rumble that gets noticed but doesn't upset the citizens

They are big though - Here a pic from S&S website

I've had them on for a couple of months now and I have gotten used to the look

As soon as I get my cams and oil pump installed (Mid-Jan I hope) I'll get the PCIII re-tuned with the dyno and we will see what we get - right now they are running fine but feel a little light on Tq low down - Top end feels slightly "free-er" than the V&H ovals that I took off.

Cheers

Dave

If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 11:52:13 AM »

Here's another pic from the website - gives you an idea of how wide they are

Cheers

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 11:57:47 AM »

Guys, I can tell you they don't sound too quiet - they've got a real pleasant rumble that gets noticed but doesn't upset the citizens

They are big though - Here a pic from S&S website

I've had them on for a couple of months now and I have gotten used to the look

As soon as I get my cams and oil pump installed (Mid-Jan I hope) I'll get the PCIII re-tuned with the dyno and we will see what we get - right now they are running fine but feel a little light on Tq low down - Top end feels slightly "free-er" than the V&H ovals that I took off.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for the info Dave. I did say quietest performance muffler. We wouldn't want them to sound like stock, would we? ::) Are you running TD's or stock headpipes? I guess after cams, you'll want the TD's. With a stock motor S&S claims better numbers down low with the stock crossover headpipes. I'd love to hear how you like them after the cams. Have a Happy New Year Dave! [smiley=drink.gif] Hoist!  8-)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 12:55:59 PM »

Guys the SPOs are is on my short list of upgrades.
However, since I have these "free" mufflers laying around. I thought I'd give them a try for now.

Now, what's the best way to knock the plugs out?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 01:20:01 PM »

Guys the SPOs are is on my short list of upgrades.
However, since I have these "free" mufflers laying around. I thought I'd give them a try for now.

Now, what's the best way to knock the plugs out?

IH, Try contacting Beerman. He just had good success modifying his SE Springer mufflers and he sounds real happy with it. ;) Hoist!  8-)

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 06:41:09 PM »

Do you want to try my FullSacs and see if you like the sound? Maybe we could swap for a a week or so?

IH, No.   Unless your fullsacs are made from 07 CVO mufflers.    [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Not sure about the swapping thing anyway.  Sounds like a good way to spend lots of UPS  $$$.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 12:26:05 AM »

IH, No.   Unless your fullsacs are made from 07 CVO mufflers.    [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Not sure about the swapping thing anyway.  Sounds like a good way to spend lots of UPS  $$$.

Sorry about that, I forgot that the 07 CVO has a different size muffler than previous years.
I don't mind spending the money on UPS, it's still less expensive than buying a dozen mufflers and trying them all out.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.