Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: After marker audio upgrade  (Read 2285 times)

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
After marker audio upgrade
« on: April 23, 2018, 11:34:52 AM »

I have a 2016 SESG with the stock boom II audio system. I upgraded to a new JL amp to drive fairing and saddle bag speakers. Also installed new Hertz speakers. I was able to get rid of that saddle bag amp too for more space.

With new audio parts installed I can’t control bass or treble nor can I control front or rear fade.

I have researched the crap out of this and from what I have read the factory head unit needs to be flashed to change speaker/amp configuration.

Do any of you guys have direct experience with this and can guide me in the right direction?

Rockford fosgate web site says dealers can’t do the flash any more. But an authorized Rockford dealer can. According to my local Rockford dealer they can’t. So needless to say I am confused.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide
Re: After marker audio upgrade
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 11:57:24 AM »

You need to have the Dealer Flash. Rockford should be able to tell you what settings need to be checked. Right now your head unit is trying to run 2 amps etc... My dealer charged me 40 bucks, but you have to be able to tell them what to check on and off.
2017 FLHXSE CVO Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
Performance: HP 99 TQ 121
Stage II = HD Torque Cam SE8-447
Rinehart Slimline, 4" Cans
HD Tuner w/ Wideband module
Screaming Eagle Front Fork internals, Tuned Rear

Appearance:
Blacking out all chrome and bolts. (Work in progress)
Custom color matched carbon fiber parts
HD Passing Lamps and LED lamps

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 02:03:47 PM »

You need to have the Dealer Flash. Rockford should be able to tell you what settings need to be checked. Right now your head unit is trying to run 2 amps etc... My dealer charged me 40 bucks, but you have to be able to tell them what to check on and off.

Thanks designflaw,

From what I can learn dealer needs to change settings to 4 speakers, upper fairing, rear pods, no amp. According to Rockford that’s gives me complete use of everything. Going to dealer tomorrow let’s hope.

goop

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 10:35:22 AM »

change your radio to the sony https://www.sony.com/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/xav-ax5000/specifications
it will be much better than the boom audio also you will need the scotche harness adapter this will allow you to keep your hand controls
2016 cvo street glide
2019 cvo road glide

ultrarider123

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »

Thanks designflaw,

From what I can learn dealer needs to change settings to 4 speakers, upper fairing, rear pods, no amp. According to Rockford that’s gives me complete use of everything. Going to dealer tomorrow let’s hope.

Update?  Did the flash fix your issues?

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 01:20:28 PM »

change your radio to the sony https://www.sony.com/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/xav-ax5000/specifications
it will be much better than the boom audio also you will need the scotche harness adapter this will allow you to keep your hand controls
No onboard navigation. You can use apple or droid maps off of your phone. I use that in my truck. Not a big fan of it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

goop

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 10:16:23 AM »

2016 cvo street glide
2019 cvo road glide

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 06:21:43 PM »

u need the navigation module
https://www.sony.com/electronics/in-car-receivers-players-accessories/xa-nv400
Good deal. Didn't see that in the link that I followed. That may just be a game changer then.  :2vrolijk_21:

Do you have it on yours? If so, thoughts and ease of use of the features?

goop

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 09:32:43 AM »

i do not but am seriously thinking of it. did all my research and like what i see. only thing im worried about is the bag speakers. do i install a seperate amp for them in the bag or get a bigger one under the fairing to run all 4. i think the harley nav is horrible to use and love my maps. but then i saw it uses your pohone. then i was like what if i loose signal then what. thats when i found that module. not sure what amp to go with either. im leqaning towards the cerwin vega b52 or the b54. also using the blue tooth equalizer. so many decisions lol
2016 cvo street glide
2019 cvo road glide

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 10:06:48 PM »

i do not but am seriously thinking of it. did all my research and like what i see. only thing im worried about is the bag speakers. do i install a seperate amp for them in the bag or get a bigger one under the fairing to run all 4. i think the harley nav is horrible to use and love my maps. but then i saw it uses your pohone. then i was like what if i loose signal then what. thats when i found that module. not sure what amp to go with either. im leqaning towards the cerwin vega b52 or the b54. also using the blue tooth equalizer. so many decisions lol
Food for thought. Many people on the RG forum that come with no amps are always updating. The Diamond Micro 4.2 ( I think it's .2) seems to be a popular choice.

goop

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 09:29:57 AM »

thank you i will check that one out also
2016 cvo street glide
2019 cvo road glide

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 24 queries.