Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Any way to make TP lights flash with turn signals?  (Read 2375 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Any way to make TP lights flash with turn signals?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 12:37:34 AM »

I get where to pick up the power.  How do I tap into the tail lights of the tour pak?

:confused5:  :nixweiss:  :confused5:  :nixweiss:  :confused5:

I've got a pleather TP.  ;D

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Any way to make TP lights flash with turn signals?
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 09:21:14 AM »

I wired my saddlebag spoiler/LED's to work as turn/brake/run lights.  Very simple to do using the HD run/brake/turn signal module that plugs into the rear wirng connector under the seat.  Instead of using the pigtail that connects the LED wiring to the accessory connector under the seat, cut-off the Deutsch connector (or dissassemble it, though you will have a lot of excess wire to coil).  You have now seperated the circuits for the saddlebag LED's so they can be wired left/right. 

The LED's have three wires but you will only need the ground/black wire and one of the other two (it doesn't matter which one).  Splice the ground wire to the ground wire at the output side of the module.  Take one of the two remaining wires from the right side LED and splice it to the brown wire; and take one of the wires and splice it to the violet wire.  For a neater installation you can buy the pins referenced in the earlier post, dissassemble the brown and violet wires from the plastic housing, cut off the existing pins, and use new pins containing the two wires (one from the LED and the original wire), and insert the new pins in the housing, which is how I did mine.  I've had mine wired this way for two years, 20K miles without any problems.

Note:  The wire colors are for the right and left side turn signals and based on the wiring in my '04 EG.  It's also the same wiring for '06 EG's, but you should check you SM wiring diagrams for your specific bikes.  The same thing could be done for TP wiring (using the run/brake/turn module) and separating the common circuit that HD uses, but my TP is so seldom on the bike it wasn't worth the trouble to me.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.