Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Speakers in the saddlebag lids/should I?  (Read 24076 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Speakers in the saddlebag lids/should I?
« on: August 18, 2012, 11:15:01 PM »

I have a 12 SERGC and I really enjoy listening to the music as I ride (didn't think I would coming off a Softail where I never had it) and was thinking about adding the rear speakers and amp but not sure that I will get much out of it. I always ride alone and have seen on some of the threads here that it is really for the bsr. I do realize at very high speeds that the sound might "not catch up" to me but not sure how high those speeds are or is it at most speeds. I wish I could try a bike that already has them to see for myself but doesn't look like that is going to happen.
It looks like by the time I am done with this i will end up costing a couple of grand so I was hoping those of you here that already have the rear speakers could help me out and "guide me" in this decision.
I appreciate any Guidance you could give me. I do know that they will not have the same impact as the front speakers but I was hoping that they will add to the "experience" while I am riding.
Alan

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Re: Speakers in the saddlebag lids/should I?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 11:31:02 PM »

I have a 12 SERGC and I really enjoy listening to the music as I ride (didn't think I would coming off a Softail where I never had it) and was thinking about adding the rear speakers and amp but not sure that I will get much out of it. I always ride alone and have seen on some of the threads here that it is really for the bsr. I do realize at very high speeds that the sound might "not catch up" to me but not sure how high those speeds are or is it at most speeds. I wish I could try a bike that already has them to see for myself but doesn't look like that is going to happen.
It looks like by the time I am done with this i will end up costing a couple of grand so I was hoping those of you here that already have the rear speakers could help me out and "guide me" in this decision.
I appreciate any Guidance you could give me. I do know that they will not have the same impact as the front speakers but I was hoping that they will add to the "experience" while I am riding.

I have a '11 SERGU with speakers in the TourPak - works great but around 75-80 mph, it starts to suffer.

I also have a '09 RG. I put the amp and the saddle bag speakers on it. Sounds great in the parking lot. Sounds great at low speeds. When I pull in for gas, everyone gets to hear my music. Around 75-80, it starts to suffer. I don't believe there is any such thing as a 100mph speaker system on a bike. You might as well use an iPod if you want good music quality at high speeds.

Just My Humble Opinion

DH

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 12:24:24 AM »

I get losing it at 75-80 but what about 50-70? Would you do this if you were me?
Alan

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 12:54:32 AM »

I get losing it at 75-80 but what about 50-70? Would you do this if you were me?

50-70 works. I think the TourPak mount creates an envelope of sounds whereas the saddlebag lids unless angled forward more or less push audio straight up. At 50 you might get some benefit but really more of the sound will be coming from the front. You might want to consider larger speakers of higher wattage up front and a larger amp.

DH

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 12:59:38 AM »

If I do it I was planning on using the Harley pre painted lids but using a higher quality amp and speakers to keep that factory look but get better performance with the afterkmarkets. I thought I would probably upgrade at least the front speakers at that time also.the factory lids do angle towards the rider somewhat.
Alan

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 01:08:03 AM »

I've been looking at the Hawg Wired lids, but don't know of anyone who's tried them. Openings are forward facing, so I'm not sure if they might be better.

http://hawg-wired.com/product_info.php?cPath=60&products_id=156

I've already got the Hawg Wired 300x amp and 4 DX speakers, so adding 2 more of their speakers and a satellite amp would keep me in the same brand, but would like to hear them in person before I drop another 1K

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 02:20:41 AM »

I have the stock set up on my '12 sg.  Not sure if it's even worth having the speakers on the bags once you reach about 60.  Seems that the sound just gets lost with all the other noise. Probably better to do the best you can with the front.  :nixweiss:

Mr John DEUFF

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 06:04:54 AM »

Do the ones that go in the glove box are not more efficient for the driver?

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 06:21:13 AM »

There's a guy in SoCal named Fred, he's a friend of Greg Khougaz. Fred has a SERG with a stereo that you can hear at Mach 1, and I'm  not exaggerating. I'm not sure what his set up is, but you can't hear his Thunderheader over his stereo.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 09:01:34 AM »

Now that's a system worth looking at,, :2vrolijk_21:

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 10:46:40 AM »

I dumped the Boom Audio stuff (OK in the parking lot but I was not impressed at speed) while I was in Sturgis...installed Focal KRX2 speakers with 4 channel, 500 watt Arc audio amp in the Road Glide fairing and wires run back to under the seat for saddlebag speakers.

I looked at the Harley lids and decided against them for 3 reasons:

1) You will be somewhat limited to the Boom Audio speakers unless you want to do some modifications...Harley set up the lids for their proprietary Boom speakers and other 5X7 speakers, if they will work, will require some modifications, to the lids or speakers;
2) If you are going to do it and incur the expense for lids, paint, speakers, wires, amp, labour etc., why not install 6X9 speakers in the lids...they don't take anymore space and sound much "fuller" than any 5X7 speakers;
3) Didn't like the Harley grills coming down on the front side of the lids.

So I went with the Cycle Sound lids that accommodate 6X9 speakers and putting Focals in them as well...currently the lids and grills are being painted to match the White Gold Pearl that is on my "Skunk".

So how does the fairing speakers sound now with my mods? Well, with the Boom Audio, anything over 60 mph, I had the HK head unit on max volume and either couldn't hear it or sounded like crap...now at speed the HK volume is at half and it rocks...the Focal speakers/Arc amp are loud, clean and clear!  :)

Can't wait until my saddlebag speakers are done...I may break the "sound barrier"! ;D

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 10:50:19 AM »

I dumped the Boom Audio stuff (OK in the parking lot but I was not impressed at speed) while I was in Sturgis...installed Focal KRX2 speakers with 4 channel, 500 watt Arc audio amp in the Road Glide fairing and wires run back to under the seat for saddlebag speakers.

I looked at the Harley lids and decided against them for 3 reasons:

1) You will be somewhat limited to the Boom Audio speakers unless you want to do some modifications...Harley set up the lids for their proprietary Boom speakers and other 5X7 speakers, if they will work, will require some modifications, to the lids or speakers;
2) If you are going to do it and incur the expense for lids, paint, speakers, wires, amp, labour etc., why not install 6X9 speakers in the lids...they don't take anymore space and sound much "fuller" than any 5X7 speakers;
3) Didn't like the Harley grills coming down on the front side of the lids.

So I went with the Cycle Sound lids that accommodate 6X9 speakers and putting Focals in them as well...currently the lids and grills are being painted to match the White Gold Pearl that is on my "Skunk".

So how does the fairing speakers sound now with my mods? Well, with the Boom Audio, anything over 60 mph, I had the HK head unit on max volume and either couldn't hear it or sounded like crap...now at speed the HK volume is at half and it rocks...the Focal speakers/Arc amp are loud, clean and clear!  :)

Can't wait until my saddlebag speakers are done...I may break the "sound barrier"! ;D
I need to ask, what kind of money do you have wrapped up in this? The more I think about it, the more I want to add SB lid speakers and also speakers in the lowers.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

led tail lights

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 11:04:44 AM »

I just installed my HD speaker lids. Spent a ton of money getting them painted.  After all that you can't hear them on the road. It sounds awesome sitting still. But moving and with a passenger it's nothing.  For what I have into the lids I should of done a tour pack.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »

I'm uP on the air as what to do with mine.   I wish Rich (tif2) lived closer.  I'd pay him to do a system for me.  I don't want to start changing out stuff and then I'm disappointed. Definitely not impressed with what I got.  :nixweiss:

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 11:48:09 PM »

From all these replies and talking to a local shop I think I will bag the "lid" idea as I only ride alone and am looking for sound at speed.
Sea Biscuit, you are saying that there is a huge difference with changing the speakers and amp in the front but keeping the same stock look?
This might be a dumb question but are those components meant for a bike?
Alan

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 12:44:57 AM »

I upgrade the entire sound system in my 09 SERG two winters ago. Started with Alpine head unit, two more speakers in the fairing (total 4 Hawg Wired now), and 350 watt amps. Then went with Focal 6 x 9 in saddle bags with 400 watt amp and speaker lids. The sound is awesome even at 140 kms. I highly recommend  the speaker lids as it completes the whole system and makes if "feel" like you're riding on a cloud of music.

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 01:37:38 AM »

Just finished HD Boom saddlebag speaker kit, for CVO; sounds nice while parked. Got on road and all I can hear is front speakers, found myself placing hand on lid ( checking for vibration ) to see if they were on. Well they look good!
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2012, 01:50:21 AM »

That seems to be the story, Sure glad I asked first... I think I am going to go with a similar front system as sea biscuit
Alan

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 07:32:26 AM »

I too have been mulling this over for quite awhile.  Spent some quality time with Rich on the phone which was very helpful.  Finally found a local shop that is very knowledgable. That shop uses Hertz speakers and Arc amp.  I have a 12 SESG so i have the lids. Although Rich and most others say that doing the rears is a waste i am leaning towards doing it. Drop 6x9's in there with a smaller amp.  Cost is way up there as well so i am still fence sitting.

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »

From all these replies and talking to a local shop I think I will bag the "lid" idea as I only ride alone and am looking for sound at speed.
Sea Biscuit, you are saying that there is a huge difference with changing the speakers and amp in the front but keeping the same stock look?
This might be a dumb question but are those components meant for a bike?

Huge difference going from the stock Boom Audio to what I have now. So much louder and clearer (I don't have to "guess" what is now playing on my sound system at half the volume). I mostly use my iPod and record uncompressed and it is quite impressive on how loud and clear this system actually is. If you are mostly listening to CD's or iPod, the HK head unit works quite well with my setup (I actually was thinking about changing it but the shop that I was/am still working with talked me out of it).

I have no illusion that the bag speakers will be as loud at speed (yes officer, I obey all speed limits ;)) as my front setup, but with my 6X9 Focals in the rear, they should provide good "fill" when travelling.

My Arc Audio amp is specifically made for motorcycles. The Focal speakers are not specifically made for motorcycles but the shop that did the install uses them quite a bit in motorcycle applications and hasn't had a problem. I've washed the bike a few times and the speakers got wet but no problem (although I wouldn't put a high pressure hose to it,,,they look to nice to do that :))

FYI, the shop that has done all my CVO paint (lids and Razor-Pak) is http://www.gcpaint.com/. They do the CVO paint for Harley and match paint and graphics perfectly. Talk to Kent.

The shop that I am working with on my stereo is http://soundzcustomz.com/. Talk to Pete.

All I can say is the Arc Amp and Focal Speakers "rock" with the stock HK unit and you will not be disappointed with spending that money on the upgrade when you are rolling down the highway jamming to tunes with a big  ;D on your face!

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »

SeaBiscut, thanks for the info.  Any idea how the Focals compare to Hertz?  Also, how do you record on iPod "uncompressed".  Does that make a big difference in the sound?  Thanks

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 02:57:08 PM »

Thanks Sea Biscuit, I just got off the phone with the guys at Street Noyz in SD that have the best rep in town for MC's and I asked them if price was not a factor what would they do and they came up with the same speakers as you for the front (which is all I am doing) and a similar amp so away I go... Gave them my credit card and doing the install on Friday... You da man!
Alan

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 03:07:13 PM »

Thanks Sea Biscuit, I just got off the phone with the guys at Street Noyz in SD that have the best rep in town for MC's and I asked them if price was not a factor what would they do and they came up with the same speakers as you for the front (which is all I am doing) and a similar amp so away I go... Gave them my credit card and doing the install on Friday... You da man!

You are going to love it!

ROCK ON! :bananarock:

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 01:59:07 AM »

I upgrade the entire sound system in my 09 SERG two winters ago. Started with Alpine head unit, two more speakers in the fairing (total 4 Hawg Wired now), and 350 watt amps. Then went with Focal 6 x 9 in saddle bags with 400 watt amp and speaker lids. The sound is awesome even at 140 kms. I highly recommend  the speaker lids as it completes the whole system and makes if "feel" like you're riding on a cloud of music.

Might have something to do with it!  :bananarock:

What amp are you running and where did you install it?

I know I'm going to have the serious mod bug after being deployed for 6 months, so when I get home in Jan, I gotta figure out what I want to have done before I get on the road again!

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 06:41:18 AM »

I have been speaking to a number of shops here is Mass.  anyone have any suggestions on a top shop.  I am very torn at this point as everyone has different solutions.  curent shop i am talking to would do the Focals (wow $$$).  But they recommend an amp in the bags and not the fairing. I was going to go with the Arc amp or possibly a Hawg Wired.  I wont go with the Rockford at this point since there a number of posts that seem to have some issues, mainly with heat.  I also want to change out the 5x7's in the bags.  Choice for an amp there seems to be run it off of the amp in the fairing, or add a small amp in the bag.  Thoughts are appreciated. 

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 11:23:32 PM »

I want to give a "shout out" to Sea biscuit for his help on this deal. After PM'ing with him a few times, it was obvious that he is a audiophile and really knows his sh@t about audio systems. Thru this forum and my dealer I found a "high end" audio shop in my city (Street Noyz) that has done some great work not only for a couple of guys here but also for my dealer. After checking them out on the internet it became obvious that these guys were the "real deal". I called them and told them about Sea Biscuit's system and they completely agreed that it was the best available in the market right now and also agreed with most of the people here that the rear speakers would not be very effective at speed but with this system in the front, i would be "blown away" by the difference.
My bike is there now and the install will be complete tomorrow afternoon (including carpeting the saddlebags). I am very fired up and cant wait to hear it.
Thanks Sea Biscuit!
Alan

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 12:01:49 AM »

I think you're definitely making the right decision.  The bag speakers are a cool concept, but don't work well in the real world, especially for the $$$ it takes.

Let us know what you think of your new system after you get a chance to try it out.  I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but right now have been banned from spending more on the 'sikle.   :(  Goota keep the peace.  :-*

Dan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2012, 12:18:08 AM »

The 1 thing I did change (from Street Noyz's recommendation) was a larger Arc amp KS300.2 in the bag (350 watts) to make sure I could get the volume I needed for when I wear my Schuberth in the winter. We also added a in line driver (Audiocontrol Overdrive) to increase the volume on the XM to the same level as the Ipod.
Alan

Mr John DEUFF

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2012, 12:47:29 AM »

I hope you will put a few pictures of the full system as soon as you'll get it.  ;)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2012, 01:12:14 AM »

Everything is being installed behind the "stock" speaker grills so the only way to tell the system is different then stock will be to listen to it...
Alan

Mr John DEUFF

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 07:33:17 AM »

Ok, so could you give us the list of the new parts?

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 07:58:12 AM »

Sdcvo,

The question was "should I?" and IMHO I'd say yes you should. I'm not sure which way you are leaning but as I ahad already added a 2 channel HW amp, he speakers and tweeters up front, I decide to add to my system with the Harley lidas, 2ohm 5x7s and there own (another) 2 channel amp to drive them. (used hogtunes 70.2 amp for rears)

In the end after all the ene gy and money painting the lids etc etc it actually sounds great. Probably not as much bang for the buck had I started from scratch, but I'm no audiofile, and the sound is much fuller and richer and yes louder even at speed. My wife rides herself ona sporty and she says she doesn't need a radio... She can hear mine as we ride.

Tif2 (rich) was abig help both technically and motivationally.

Had I to do it from scratch I likely would have gone with one big 4 channel amp I guess... Would take up less space in the fairing... But at the end of the day I have no complaints at all with the Harley speakers and lids...the difference is huge compare to 2 speakers.

If your interested in more info let me know and ill post a list of parts.
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 11:26:41 AM »

I want to give a "shout out" to Sea biscuit for his help on this deal. After PM'ing with him a few times, it was obvious that he is a audiophile and really knows his sh@t about audio systems. Thru this forum and my dealer I found a "high end" audio shop in my city (Street Noyz) that has done some great work not only for a couple of guys here but also for my dealer. After checking them out on the internet it became obvious that these guys were the "real deal". I called them and told them about Sea Biscuit's system and they completely agreed that it was the best available in the market right now and also agreed with most of the people here that the rear speakers would not be very effective at speed but with this system in the front, i would be "blown away" by the difference.
My bike is there now and the install will be complete tomorrow afternoon (including carpeting the saddlebags). I am very fired up and cant wait to hear it.
Thanks Sea Biscuit!

Glad to help my friend...now "ROCK ON"! :bananarock:

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 10:28:12 PM »

total project. They did have to change out the tweeter grills but the Focal grills actually look good.

1 165KRX2 FOCAL 6.5 comp system w/tnk53 tweete 165KRX2 $1,000.00 $1,000.00
1 KS300.2 ARC 180 x 2 KS300.2 $300.00 $300.00
1 rocknrings STREETSTAR 5.25 to 6.5 harley rings rocknrings $65.00 $65.00
6 LABOR LABOR install system LABOR $75.00 $450.00
1 SSHARDWARESHOP hardware/ metal/molex SSHARDWARE $50.00 $50.00
1 OVERDRIVE AUDIOCONTRO 2 ch line driver OVERDRIVE $119.99 $119.99
2 LABOR LABOR install line driver LABOR $75.00 $150.00
1 MISC raodkill faring kit MISC $0.00 $0.00
1 12DEUTSCH DEUTSCH 12 pin assembly 12DEUTSCH $39.95 $39.95
1 SVEN2 PERIPHERAL SVEN2
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 10:38:34 PM »

They also did a great job carpeting the saddlebags with a black "trunk" carpet (another $200). Came out very clean
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2012, 02:16:43 AM »

Got a chance to try it out today, unbelievable... Couldn't get volume over 40 % even at 80 mph without thinking I was going to blow my eardrums and crystal clear. The highs were unbelievably clean and crisp (actually had to turn the treble down) and even got quite a bit of bass at speed. Very happy with the outcome and thanks to all for your input!
Alan

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2012, 04:06:01 AM »

Got a chance to try it out today, unbelievable... Couldn't get volume over 40 % even at 80 mph without thinking I was going to blow my eardrums and crystal clear. The highs were unbelievably clean and crisp (actually had to turn the treble down) and even got quite a bit of bass at speed. Very happy with the outcome and thanks to all for your input!

Good feedback... this just moved up to #2 on my list of mods to do when I get home; right behind LED headlights!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2012, 12:34:17 AM »

Went about 200 miles today and it really is amazing the difference in sound at all speeds. On some songs when I wasnt really paying attention, the drums on the song would hit so hard I thought I hit something a couple of times...
Alan

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2012, 01:14:32 AM »

Went about 200 miles today and it really is amazing the difference in sound at all speeds. On some songs when I wasnt really paying attention, the drums on the song would hit so hard I thought I hit something a couple of times...

OK, you can stop now... I've got to wait until Feb before I get home to my SERG and get this done.  :huepfenjump3:

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 07:50:05 AM »

Any chance that you have any pics.  I would like to see the amp in the bags if possible as well as how the tweets look.

Thanks

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »

Congrats on the upgrade!

Just be careful when packing for a trip. Even though you can pack a bag (or other stuff) around your amp, I'm not sure I would.
Make sure you leave enough space around the amp that it doesn't overheat. If it were me I would leave that bag mostly empty.

Where did they mount the line boost unit?
Did they take any pics of the install? Apprecaite if you could post up some pics of the amp in the bag.

Rock on, brother!
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

SEsupply2

• Senior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2012, 10:38:58 PM »

Sea Biscuit..........did you get my PM?? anybody know how to get a hold of him other than a PM??

thanks
2018 FLTRXSE
Fullsac MX pipe and S&S MK45's
Corbin dual touring seat
SOUNDZ Amp, Iron 65 & Iron 57 speakers
HD king tourpak w/chopped backrest
Metalsport luggage rack
JH Choppers floorboards
Freedom windshield 13"
Ciro3d cupholders
Ohlins 159 shocks
Avon grips/pegs

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2012, 11:48:17 PM »

Boost unit in the fairing, very clean install on stainless steal mounting plate with machined screws. The shop said they are posting a video of the install. I will post a link when they do...
Sea Biscuit will answer I'm sure, he always answers me.
Alan

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2012, 04:41:11 AM »

I would love to see a video of that system being installed...  please let us know when its avail to watch  :2vrolijk_21:

LincolnUSA

• LincolnUSA
  • Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac B X-Pipe, 2.0" Baffles, TTS Mastertune
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2012, 09:02:41 AM »

Call Peter at soundzcustomz.com.  Was referred to him in Sturgis while looking for a vendor to upgrade my factory sound system.  While I didn't have time to get my bike done in Sturgis, I have talked with him since getting back home.  He recommends there level four system for the sesg.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2012, 07:13:57 AM »

I went with Pete's level 4 system.   Really happy with the way it turned out.   Did a great install too.  He did it at biketoberfest in daytona last week.  It was fun watching him do the install.  He came very well prepared with a harness for the Arc 4 channel and gauge brackets that made room for the amp.  I love the focal speakers. I did their 5 x 7 s in the bags.   Sound great.  Jury is out on how they hold up in the rain.  Overall, I am very happy with their stuff  :2vrolijk_21:  nice being able to hear loud and clear at 80 mph, at about half volume.   :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:20:09 AM by cvostu »

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2012, 07:26:20 AM »

I went with Pete's level 4 system.   Really happy with the way it turned out.   Did a great install too.  He did it at biketoberfest in daytona last week.  It was fun watching him do the install.  He came very well prepared with a harness for the Arc 4 channel and gauge brackets that made room for the amp.  I love the focal speakers. I did their 5 x 7 s in the bags.   Sound great.  Jury is out on how they hold up in the rain.  Overall, I am very happy with their stuff  :2vrolijk_21:  nice being able to hear loud and clear at 80 mph, at about half volume.   :)

That's awesome Stu..!  Wiswh I had remembered about this...   I would have tagged along for some work of my own      :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 21 queries.