Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speakers cutting in and out  (Read 462 times)

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
Speakers cutting in and out
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:21:57 AM »

on my 2013 RGC CVO the right Speakers on the fairing are starting to cut in and out. The issue is worse when playing a CD than it is when playing the radio. It usually starts about 10 minutes after I get on the road.

I am taking it back to my dealer in a couple of weeks for the 5K service and will get them to address this

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and whether it was a Head unit issue or connection issue. 
2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
Re: Speakers cutting in and out
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 08:35:08 AM »

I'm telling on myself by saying this, felt kinda stupid when it happened but was funny after I figured it out. When I was on my maiden ride on my new bike, my first with navigation, I was about ready to turn around and head back to the dealer because the speakers kept cutting out. Had an epiphany when I got home and realized it was the navigation system trying to talk to me but the speaker switch wasn't in the proper position to allow the audio to come through, it would interrupt the stereo though.  In your case it sounds more like a wire connection issue if just one side is affected but is odd that it's more noticeable with a CD. Maybe you crank up your favorites more than the radio so you notice it more? Definitely have them take a look at it, hopefully it will behave the same for the service tech.

sloride

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
Re: Speakers cutting in and out
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 04:06:36 PM »

They found my right Farring speaker was bad. they ordered a new one and will have it fixed this next week
2013 RGC CVO (Bevo)
2013 RGC (Da Reaper)

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.