Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Swap from Fullsac 2" baffles to 1.75" baffles. My opinion.  (Read 1784 times)

Yzernie

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE that had the engine blow up twice.
Swap from Fullsac 2" baffles to 1.75" baffles. My opinion.
« on: July 20, 2015, 11:51:49 AM »

Ok, finally got some miles on the 1.75" Fullsac baffles.  They are more quiet than the 2" baffles but not by as much as I expected.  I guess I over anticipated the difference.  I also have the Fullsac screens and muffler packing in the cans.  I have no idea how much more quiet they aree by decibels but it is definitely more quiet. 

At highway speeds, I can listen to the stereo one or two bars less on the sound adjustment.  Exhaust tone is nice with a little less reverberation than the 2" baffles.  Bike runs fine with the tune it has, I seemed to have gained a slight increase in bottom end torque and my fuel mileage seems to be unchanged.

Overall, I'm pleased with the change in the exhaust note and so is the wife.  I liked the 2" baffles better for sound but you married guys know that a happy wife is a happy life!!
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
Re: Swap from Fullsac 2" baffles to 1.75" baffles. My opinion.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 12:20:53 PM »

Great ...thx for the update ... l was curious on the 1.75" baffle's ... l can deal with the slight increase in exhaust note and stick with the 2.0 ...

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Swap from Fullsac 2" baffles to 1.75" baffles. My opinion.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 01:34:11 PM »

Ok, finally got some miles on the 1.75" Fullsac baffles.  They are more quiet than the 2" baffles but not by as much as I expected.  I guess I over anticipated the difference.  I also have the Fullsac screens and muffler packing in the cans.  I have no idea how much more quiet they aree by decibels but it is definitely more quiet. 

At highway speeds, I can listen to the stereo one or two bars less on the sound adjustment.  Exhaust tone is nice with a little less reverberation than the 2" baffles.  Bike runs fine with the tune it has, I seemed to have gained a slight increase in bottom end torque and my fuel mileage seems to be unchanged.

Overall, I'm pleased with the change in the exhaust note and so is the wife.  I liked the 2" baffles better for sound but you married guys know that a happy wife is a happy life!!
Nice evaluation. I would give up a bit of noise for more bottom end power every time! And my dyno testing shows there is no loss in power, just gains with the 1.75" baffles.
Just another case of more noise doesn't equal more power.
We tend to perceive more power takes more noise.
Bob

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.