Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: new CVO book  (Read 36148 times)

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
Re: new CVO book
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2015, 04:22:46 PM »

That's all I did and it applied the discount (20%). Maybe it's no longer valid.  :nixweiss:
I think you're right.
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2015, 09:55:56 PM »

I ordered last night and it was still good then.
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2015, 10:08:15 PM »

Code is no good anymore....but still $30 at overstock.com

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2015, 12:12:43 PM »

Thanks for the heads up, I placed an order as well.
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

PeterJ

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2007 Buell XB12SCg, 2000 FXSTD Deuce
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2015, 01:04:03 PM »

Ordered.
Looking forward to March.

rafreche

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2016, 07:45:26 AM »

Ordered as well!

Ray

FLHTCUSE8 Tribal orange

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2016, 09:57:34 AM »

Where do you order the book? I went to Amazon but when I entered the code it did not apply.

See Reply #15 above.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2016, 10:00:33 AM »

Just can't bring myself to do it!  Wonder what the warranty is on the book the last one they sent fell apart within a few months.  This Forum has given me all I need to know.

I believe this forum has more information and able to provide more information than the MoCo would ever be able to tell you.  There's more information on this forum about each model of CVO than any tech working in a dealership will ever know, that's for sure.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Alex_McB

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO Street Glide 2017 Candy Cobalt & Indigo Ink
    • CVO2: CVO Limited 2016 Palladium Silver & Phantom Blue
    • CVO3: CVO Street Glide 2015 Hard Candy Mercury & Smokey Quartz Flames
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2016, 04:47:52 AM »

Pre-ordered on Amazon in Europe: scheduled delivery March 18th at 49.99 euros.
Well... There's the Ocean between USA and Europe but...  ???
CVO Street Glide 2017 Candy Cobalt Indigo Ink

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2016, 07:47:26 AM »

Don't forget Chapter 3 - A 1000 miles and Another Quart of Oil

Supershooter

marilynstemp

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

CVO: The Book!
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 02:41:06 PM »

The ULTIMATE Factory Custom!
"Harley-Davidson CVO Motorcycles:The Motor Company's Custom Vehicle Operations" by Marilyn Stemp from Motorbooks

Since the inception of the CVO line, which began in 1999 on an FXR platform, one fact has become crystal clear: CVO models are not for the timid. Indeed, these motorcycles have absolutely no place at all among the meek. A survey of CVO owners, those individuals who recognize the intrinsic value of top notch performance and knock-out good looks, reveals that while CVO owners are people from varying walks of life, they share similar outlooks: they enjoy making an entrance, they push the limit, they know quality.

Consistent in media reviews of CVO models over the years is a pointed remark about the premium price tag. Equally consistent however, is the follow-up by most reviewers that the particular CVO model in the spotlight is a good value! Counterintuitive? Perhaps, but comments such as these make it clear that there’s more going on with CVOs than first meets the eye. And these bikes always bring a veritable vision assault at first glance so that’s saying something! Sure, value is found in the limited production numbers but there’s an intangible element here that checkbook math simply can’t explain.

The opportunity to dig into the ephemeral rationale floating in the mist of the CVO aura drew me to accept an offer from Motorbooks to author a book on the subject. —Marilyn Stemp

Here is their press release:
Motorbooks is excited to announce the arrival of a new Harley-Davidson book, licensed by Harley-Davidson. Chronicled here for the first time, Harley-Davidson's CVO motorcycles are pure eye candy. Harley-Davidson CVO Motorcycles:The Motor Company's Custom Vehicle Operations by Marilyn Stemp will be arriving in stores in mid-March.

ABOUT THE BOOK
The pinnacle of Harley-Davidson customization--that's exactly what the Motor Company's Custom Vehicle Operations(R) motorcycles are: custom-shop details that push the boundaries of style and performance with high-impact paint, killer wheels, big engines, and exclusive technology. Designed in-house since 1999 at Harley-Davidson's world-class Willie G Product Development Center, built by the factory, and available through Harley-Davidson's dealer network, these machines set themselves apart from the pack. Harley-Davidson(R) CVO(tm) Motorcycles: the Motor Company's Custom Vehicle Operations is the first book to showcase these works of two-wheeled art and the story behind them.

Produced in limited numbers, and always in high demand, CVO(tm) motorcycles are defined by the riders committed to riding the best. Whether you have one of these high-performance motorcycles in your garage or have one in your sightline, Harley-Davidson(R) CVO(tm) Motorcycles provides a close look into the Motor Company's ultimate custom motorcycles.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Marilyn Stemp is the current editor of Iron Trader News online and was founding editor in 1989 of the well-respected consumer magazine IronWorks with her late husband Dennis Stemp. Marilyn freelances for motorcycle industry and consumer publications and edits the Sturgis Rider Daily during the Sturgis Rally. When she’s not promoting and inventorying the world’s largest Evel Knievel collection she rides a mid-‘90s Sportster and is restoring a 1954 Flathead.

blueknight

• NC

• CVO1: 2016 CVO FLHXSE S G
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO FLHRSE R G
    • CVO3: 2004 CVO FLHTCSE E G
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 02:53:25 PM »

I just ordered the HD CVO Book from Amazon and looking forwards to it's contents. Now the wait begins. "2016 CVO FLHXSE Black."
Blue Knight

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: CVO: The Book!
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 05:27:17 PM »

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Marilyn Stemp is the current editor of Iron Trader News online and was founding editor in 1989 of the well-respected consumer magazine IronWorks with her late husband Dennis Stemp. Marilyn freelances for motorcycle industry and consumer publications and edits the Sturgis Rider Daily during the Sturgis Rally. When she’s not promoting and inventorying the world’s largest Evel Knievel collection she rides a mid-‘90s Sportster and is restoring a 1954 Flathead.
Since your site name is the same as the author would this mean that this site is mentioned on the book? Maybe you should come to one of our GTG's and sign copies that members have purchased. 8) :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

marilynstemp

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 05:42:04 PM »

Thanks for the response! I'd love to meet CVO owners! Do any of you get together in Daytona during bike week?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2016, 05:49:49 PM »

Thanks for the response! I'd love to meet CVO owners! Do any of you get together in Daytona during bike week?

Spread your wings....come out west.  I just sent you a private message inviting you to the CVO Redwoods Run.  :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.