Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zeppelin Air Ride Seat  (Read 2209 times)

bigds07se

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - blue (sold)
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE4 - silver/blue
Zeppelin Air Ride Seat
« on: February 02, 2007, 10:52:44 PM »

I just bought a Zeppelin air ride seat.  I wanted to see if anyone else is using one, and if so whether they think the seat is worth the money spent.  The stock seat doesn't provide enough comfort on long rides.
Keep cruisin'  

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Zeppelin Air Ride Seat
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 11:04:52 PM »

I just bought a Zeppelin air ride seat.  I wanted to see if anyone else is using one, and if so whether they think the seat is worth the money spent.  The stock seat doesn't provide enough comfort on long rides.
bigds,
I had a Zepplin on my 02 Ultra.  Best accessory I ever put on that ride.  I loved that seat.  I left it go with the 02 when I traded it in on my SEUC.  Fortunately, I like the seat on the 07 and don't have any problems with it yet, but I've only got 1300 miles on it so far, so the jury's still out on the stock seat.  But I figure for a $900 seat, I'm going to give it a chance.
Cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 11:16:34 PM »

bigds,
I had a Zepplin on my 02 Ultra.  Best accessory I ever put on that ride.  I loved that seat.  I left it go with the 02 when I traded it in on my SEUC.  Fortunately, I like the seat on the 07 and don't have any problems with it yet, but I've only got 1300 miles on it so far, so the jury's still out on the stock seat.  But I figure for a $900 seat, I'm going to give it a chance.
Red

Red,
      If you can ride 500 miles in one day and still love your stock seat, you're all set, but if not, you're never gonna be happy with it. My best bro Screamin_Beagle went through more seats than I can count till he bought a used Road Zeppelin from a site member. He got the leather model and it was in A-1 condition with the rider and tour-pak backrest. Beags is one happy camper when he rides his Cherry Bomb now. And he says his aching back is better as well. If I could pick one person to be the spokesman for buying one of these seats, it'd be him. I'm a saddle seat rider, so I have a custom made Corbin ( meaning I ordered it the way I wanted it not that it was fitted to my butt LOL)  but they are not for everyone. I read on another post that someone felt the Road Zeppelin gave you a feeling of not being in control of your bike. I've ridden Beag's SEEG and that's bullchit. The seat is molded and you sit down into it and it feels if anything like you're getting more input into what the bike is doing. Anyway, if someone wants the story firsthand, I'd suggest they send Beags a PM.

B B

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 12:07:48 AM »

Red,
      [highlight]If you can ride 500 miles in one day and still love your stock seat, you're all set, but if not, you're never gonna be happy with it. [/highlight]My best bro Screamin_Beagle went through more seats than I can count till he bought a used Road Zeppelin from a site member. He got the leather model and it was in A-1 condition with the rider and tour-pak backrest. Beags is one happy camper when he rides his Cherry Bomb now. And he says his aching back is better as well. If I could pick one person to be the spokesman for buying one of these seats, it'd be him. I'm a saddle seat rider, so I have a custom made Corbin ( meaning I ordered it the way I wanted it not that it was fitted to my butt LOL)  but they are not for everyone. I read on another post that someone felt the Road Zeppelin gave you a feeling of not being in control of your bike. I've ridden Beag's SEEG and that's bullchit. The seat is molded and you sit down into it and it feels if anything like you're getting more input into what the bike is doing. Anyway, if someone wants the story firsthand, I'd suggest they send Beags a PM.

B B
Spiderman,
That's the way I look at it.  I've got to get a good long day in the saddle and then see how I like it.  The most I've spent in it at any given time has been about 200 miles, and it was fine for that length.   But, the Zepplin is an outstanding seat and the fact that you can tailor how it feels by adding or letting out air, is great.
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 05:56:43 PM »

I had it on my normal Ultra which I am now replacing with CVO 07 Ultra.  Got it after I did not like stock seat.  It was substantial improvement and I plan to put on my CVO bike once I get it.

jachin72

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 10:17:39 PM »

Bigds,
I have a Zepplin for my '03 SERK.  Used it on my trip from California to Rhode Island and back last August.  We rode 500 miles or so per day.  The seat functions perfectly, especially on all those wonderful east coast roads.  It isn't too much taller than stock but a bunch wider, basically it's huge.  The chairman of the board liked the larger size.  Air is good and can be adjusted on the go.  Hope yours works out for you.  I bet it will.

Steve

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 10:20:12 AM »

I had on my 01 UC and it was a good seat I let it go with the bike. The Stock heated seat iworks well for us and did not feel the need to get another one.

kazumdgc

• Senior CVO Member
  • Only Way to GO!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 07:44:49 AM »

Last September I rode 500 miles on my stock 07 SEUC seat and was happy as could be. I may put some gell in there as long as it wont mess up the heat but good seat for me. :pepper:

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.