Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Engine sounds awful and no power  (Read 19417 times)

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
Re: Engine sounds awful and no power
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2016, 03:57:37 PM »

Well, today they figured it out. It was the rear coil pack.  The second field service guy was the one who figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you ridden the motorcycle and made sure it's not throwing any codes?

NORSEMAN

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2016, 04:02:22 PM »

Have you ridden the motorcycle and made sure it's not throwing any codes?
No. I'm heading there to pick it up tonight or tomorrow. I hope I make it back home.  It's a 45 minute ride. 

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2016, 04:33:31 PM »

No. I'm heading there to pick it up tonight or tomorrow. I hope I make it back home.  It's a 45 minute ride. 

Well, hopefully your motorcycles troubles are over and now you can enjoy your ride.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2016, 04:41:04 PM »

Good luck, you deserve a great ride home!
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2016, 04:42:43 PM »

One month to find a faulty coil pack...  That's troubleshooting at its best!  OR worst.   :(  :(  :(
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2016, 04:43:07 PM »

Well, today they figured it out. It was the rear coil pack.  The second field service guy was the one who figured it out.

Glad they found it (hope what the fixed replaced was the culprit)... They (MoCo... and dealer) still owe you some compensation for your grief... I'd be asking for something big time (extending factory warranty "X" amount times over the time you were out of a bike... a big @$$ gift certificate, "X" amount of free services, etc., etc.).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

NORSEMAN

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2016, 04:31:46 PM »

Thanks all for the camaraderie.  I'm happy to have my motorcycle back, but I'm still miffed at the dealer and MoCo.  I'm going to sleep on things, so I don't cut my nose off to spite my face.  But.....right now I would take a beating on trade just to have some other brand in my garage - and burn everything HD related in my closet, on the walls, etc...

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2016, 10:14:19 PM »

Thanks all for the camaraderie.  I'm happy to have my motorcycle back, but I'm still miffed at the dealer and MoCo.  I'm going to sleep on things, so I don't cut my nose off to spite my face.  But.....right now I would take a beating on trade just to have some other brand in my garage - and burn everything HD related in my closet, on the walls, etc...
Happy trails brother

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2016, 10:45:37 PM »

Glad they got you back on the road and thanks for sharing   :2vrolijk_21:

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2016, 11:04:24 PM »

I know how ya feel!!!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2016, 01:29:31 PM »

Glad she is back up and running.  I can't believe that this wasn't something that could be found in the diagnostic system. if the part swapper should have swapped this out. Just hard to believe. I can imagine how you feel. 

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2016, 06:24:23 PM »

You have every right to feel this way.  It's unfortunate that they get away with this. 
You are not alone!

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2016, 02:18:39 PM »

After all that and all the chit that was replaced, it turns out it was spark related and the dealer couldn't figure that out. I think you should be looking for a new dealer or a HD work shop with some better mechanic.

I can relate to your frustration but at the end of the day it was only a coil fault,... compounded with faulty Dealer Ship Mechanics.
They should have, from what you described gone for plugs, wires, coil as a starting point. When you said they changed the cams then the harness it was sounding more like a witch hunt. I would have given them some choice words being all that time and it only being a bad coil..

It was a interesting thread. Glad it's sorted out.   

NORSEMAN

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2017, 06:23:25 AM »

Update:
I went for a ride to Key West and back from my home in SW Virginia the week of 18 July.  The bike didn't do well.  I had some warning signs; occasional backfire, hard starting, and some other electrical shenanigans.  I took the bike in for an early service, new tires, brakes (since they had the wheels off anyway), and a general look-see.  I got to the lowlands of South Carolina when the XM started acting up.  Intermittently would loose signal.  That problem only got worse riding into Georgia and northern Florida.  The XM became unusable due to "no signal", even though it was flat and clear line of sight to the sky (satellite).  When I woke up in South Beach, Miami, the bike didn't recognize my fob.  I brought along some fresh batteries for the fob, as per usual on longer rides.  Changed out battery and no joy.  I had my second fob along.  Changed battery in it and no joy.  Tried another new battery in the first fob.  No joy.  I googled the pin procedure, and did that.  I would get three digits into the five digit code, and the screen would blank and go dead.  Four digits in, blank out.  Did that silly process about five times, and finally started.  I rode down into the Keys and continued to re-start the bike with the pin.  Same issue with the display blanking out as I entered the pin.  It was a struggle to get the bike started every time.  Made it to Key West.  Woke up in the morning and the bike recognized the fob.  Yay!  Started back north, but then more radio issues.  It started with clipping in the sound; I could hear the instruments but not voice.  Then the music faded to nothing, with any source (FM, AM, BT).  Continued north and then the ammeter started swinging between 14 and 16 amps.  The needle would move vigorously, back and forth.  Then the little odometer/tripmeter/gear indicator display in the speedo started dimming.  It would wash out completely, so I couldn't see remaining miles to empty, etc.  I made it home, albeit a quiet ride.  I took the bike into Roanoke Harley Davidson the first Friday I was back.  I wrote down all the problems I've had with the bike, including the month long repair issue I had in August of last year.  I told them I think there was an electrical issue that needed sorted; most likely a ground problem, as that's the only thing I can think of that all systems share in common.  The dealer ordered a bunch of parts.  Took a week for the parts to arrive, then they had to fit the bike into the service schedule.  Three weeks in, last week, the dealer had all the new parts on the bike, but needed to take the bike on a longer ride to confirm all repairs were a success.  It rained on Monday and Tuesday, and the dealer doesn't ride customer's motorcycle the rain for safety reasons (yeah, SMH).  In the meantime, I told the dealer I thought the bike fit the criteria of a Lemon per the Commonwealth of Virginia's laws.  They gave me a quote on a trade, at my request, but the numbers were not very good.  I sent a FedEx letter to Harley Davidson Motor Company, requesting they buy it back.  I called HD Customer Care, and asked them to start the process on buying the bike back.  I have had zero call-backs from Harley Davidson in Milwaukee in over three weeks.  I've called them repeatedly.  I hadn't heard from the dealer since they called in week two, so I gave them a ring last Friday.  I was told that Harley Davidson in Milwaukee had called them on Wednesday (this is last week) to tell them to stop work on the bike.  I've now been without my CVO for four weekends, this time.  I called HD Customer Care again yesterday.  Was told no update; the case has been sent to the Consumer Affairs department, but the manager was leaving for the dealer show in Vegas and he didn't know when she would be able to address my issue.  I asked if there was any timeline, and he just asked that I have patience. 
I've owned this CVO for 13 months, and it has been out of service for nearly eight weeks during this period.  I expected a premium motorcycle and a premium customer service experience when I purchased this CVO.  I've had neither. 
Thought I would let others know of my experience, and let it inform you as you wish. 

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2017, 07:19:20 AM »

NORSEMAN, sorry for all your troubles with the flagship series from HD, I'm tired this morning so I have no additional rant.  :coolblue:

Good Luck Sir

TN

would you buy another?
Wut the hell was that maneuver
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.