Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: Upgrade 2016 CVO RGU to Boom! Stage II Audio  (Read 20914 times)

Glenncarp

Re: Upgrade 2016 CVO RGU to Boom! Stage II Audio
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2017, 07:41:21 PM »

We bought this house for two reasons, the wife got her large granite countertopped kitchen, and I got a big garage!  It's a 3+ car one, and I have so much in it, she car barely park her Kia in there.  Am also building a Factory Five Racing '33 Hot Rod, so that takes most of it.

I updated the entire kitchen and gave the wife granite countertops. I am not allowed in "her" kitchen, but she goes into "my" 1 car garage daily. Lol, what we do for love

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2017, 07:12:43 PM »

Well my cheap ass didn't want to spend the $1300 (that's after discount) for just the parts to do my '15. I wishy washy'd myself right out of it for a few reasons, I'm cheap, You never know what the new model year will bring in 6 months,,, yada yada yada.... Then a guy on Facebook post his amp and both front and rear Boom II speakers he had installed in his '16 SERGU when he bought it for sale because he did another change two months later at Sturgis this year. I'll be around $700 once I buy the harnesses I need to do the install. Sometimes it pays to wait a few weeks.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 08:41:33 AM by OBB »
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2017, 06:04:29 PM »

Well my cheap ass didn't want to spend the $1300 (that's after discount) for just the parts to do my '15. I wishy washy'd myself right out of it for a few reasons, I'm cheap, You never know what the new model year will bring in 6 months,,, yada yada yada.... Then a guy on Facebook post his amp and both front and rear Boom II speakers he had installed in his '16 SERGU when he bought it for sale because he did another change two months later at Sturgis this year. I'll be around $700 once I buy the harnesses I need to do the install. Sometimes it pays to wait a few weeks.
Finally finished mine up today after riding to the dealer to have the flash done. Sound quality is much better and you don't need the volume to hear it now. I needed a few more things that didn't come with the used parts so I'm sitting right about $800 for the complete job.

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2017, 07:10:33 PM »

Finally finished mine up today after riding to the dealer to have the flash done. Sound quality is much better and you don't need the volume to hear it now. I needed a few more things that didn't come with the used parts so I'm sitting right about $800 for the complete job.
Congrats on a job well done Mike :2vrolijk_21: The sound is probably sweeter with your $500 - $600 savings LOL ;)! Assuming most of your listening material is MP3 .....do you have a favorite software app to tag your tunes and optimize the volumes so they're all the same? I've been considering Media Monkey :nixweiss:
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2017, 07:28:41 PM »

Congrats on a job well done Mike :2vrolijk_21: The sound is probably sweeter with your $500 - $600 savings LOL ;)! Assuming most of your listening material is MP3 .....do you have a favorite software app to tag your tunes and optimize the volumes so they're all the same? I've been considering Media Monkey :nixweiss:
Nope. Just using an ipod along with itunes. As much as I can't stand crApple products, this works best for me.

Glenncarp

« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2017, 08:21:23 AM »

Nope. Just using an ipod along with itunes. As much as I can't stand crApple products, this works best for me.

Just an FYI, Itunes allows you to adjust your music so it all plays at same volume level.

On Itunes, go to Preferences (or Command-,) and then click on the Playback tab. Check the box next to "Sound Check" and your audio playback should be at a consistent level from now on.

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '15 CVO RGU (FLTRUSE) Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset: Hertz HCX165; FuelMoto Stainless 2-1-2; Fullsac 2.0;TTS-100; TTS Mastertune; SuperShox; Custom Dynamic Ringz, Freedom Shield
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2017, 05:07:08 PM »

Does anyone know the difference between the 76000277A  vs 76000277B amplifiers?  Please don't say the last letter...LOL

I am considering upgrading my 15 FLTRUSE with a rear amp and I saw a "B" version amp is for sale here on the site.

I didn't know there was a B, but as this amp came off a '18 bike, maybe it's a upgraded version somehow.   Wonder if there are any compatibility issues with my existing system?

J

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '15 CVO RGU (FLTRUSE) Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset: Hertz HCX165; FuelMoto Stainless 2-1-2; Fullsac 2.0;TTS-100; TTS Mastertune; SuperShox; Custom Dynamic Ringz, Freedom Shield
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2017, 05:31:17 PM »

Dennis,  If you are still following this thread....

You said "if you had to do it over again" you'd create your own 313 connector.   I was wondering that same thing.  Why run a harness the full length of the bike.  Could you explain what your thoughts are on this?  Seems to be a much smarter way to do the install, so if I move forward, I'll probably attempt that method.

Thanks,
Jim

Hey Glenn ...........like most things in life, the answer lies in the eye of the beholder ......affordability is key and level of appreciation of the upgraded sound system is important . When I was much younger I stretched to afford the car of my dreams .........a Porsche 944turbo ......and I loved & appreciated that car far more than some spoiled youngsters I saw driving them courtesy of their wealthy parents ::)! Money is definitely an object for me and paying $2k for an upgrade I really don't NEED isn't prudent. But I decided it was worth it for me if I could have the Stage II for $1200 .......plus the satisfaction of installing it myself :P. Heck .......I learned enough about wiring during the upgrade that if I had to do it over again I'd create my own 313 connection at the amplifier up front instead of running the 6900489 jumper harness the length of the bike ;D.
Hey Jack ........apparently we feel the same way about the satisfaction of a self-install ...........so where are you with your project ;D?

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2017, 05:57:18 PM »

Dennis,  If you are still following this thread....

You said "if you had to do it over again" you'd create your own 313 connector.   I was wondering that same thing.  Why run a harness the full length of the bike.  Could you explain what your thoughts are on this?  Seems to be a much smarter way to do the install, so if I move forward, I'll probably attempt that method.

Thanks,
Jim
Hey Jim ....been away from the forum while on other projects but happened to see your post today. Don't have the time to re-familiarize myself with the wiring details, but I do have 3 photos (courtesy of motor1) where he shows the four wires involved to create the new 313 connection in the front. This information plus reading this thread should get you started. Good luck with your project Jim
Regards,
Dennis
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2017, 05:58:15 PM »

Photo #2
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2017, 05:58:57 PM »

Photo #3
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2017, 06:10:38 PM »

Dennis,

Thanks for the info.

J

Glenncarp

« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2017, 08:01:13 AM »

Dennis,

Thanks for the info.

J

I understand working on your own bike, wish I was more mechanically inclined to do more. For this particular project, not really seeing the benefit, parts for mine for a little over $900, labor was $400, I understand $400 is not chump change, but from reading this post for hours, it seems like $400 is a steal!

06Ultraman

« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2018, 10:33:52 AM »

Boom stage II now shown as all sales final on Harley website.  LOoks like discontinued boom II!  I was trying to convince myself it was worth trying.   Oh well.

Glenncarp

« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2018, 10:54:57 AM »

Boom stage II now shown as all sales final on Harley website.  LOoks like discontinued boom II!  I was trying to convince myself it was worth trying.   Oh well.

Might be because it is an electronic item? Just saw it this weekend at HD not local to me and also last week at local HD.

Well worth the price in my opinion, Bass is soooo much better and tour pack rattles with a bass laden song playing.

I will still NEVER understand though why HD does not learn that most use an Ipod or something like it and push more amps out of that side. If you listen to the Ipod, then switch to radio or satellite the volume is so much more pronounced with the non iPod music.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.