Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Anybody ride a cvo with the stage 4 kit yet?  (Read 17206 times)

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
Re: Anybody ride a cvo with the stage 4 kit yet?
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2017, 10:21:33 PM »

That's a winner!
MKE 8 CVO Roadking  :2vrolijk_21:

thank you  ;D
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2017, 10:25:11 PM »

Just got back from Daytona, put 1850 miles on the stage 4. Averaged right at 40 mpg running 70-75. The valve train is noticeably louder than stock, especially in the stop and go heat of traffic down there.  The high flow exhaust system with the 4.5" street cannons has a nice rumble at high way speeds but way too quiet other than that. Now for the good part. This thing is a beast at wide open throttle once it hits about 3700 rpm. Its waiting on you at the 6500 rpm rev limiter to shift it. the 1-2 shift only drops from 6500 to 5000 and its back on the limiter again waiting on you to shift it again!! Its unreal how it pulls from 4000 to 6500 but sadly in 4th at about 4500 its on the speed limiter. Got to figure out how to get that off of there, don't think its possible with the street tuner. With a good tuner and the aftermarket cams coming down the pipeline these M-8's are going to be a handful to ride! Just got to get that exhaust note louder !!!

my valve train is very quite...   :confused5:
i did notice my clutch lever is harder to pull in
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

pete s.

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 starfire Black, Gold Dust Flames. Yaffeys, D&D, SERT
    • CVO2: 2017 sunburst orange/starfire black, yaffeys,
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2017, 11:11:56 PM »

my valve train is very quite...   :confused5:
i did notice my clutch lever is harder to pull in
I'm almost convinced it has a lifter that won't prime up completely.  Going to take it in and have it checked out.  That's one sweet road king you got there !!!

pete s.

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2017, 11:20:39 PM »

1299.00 and requires a separate purchase of SE 4.5 endcaps. I think the aftermarket is going to be OK. 

Any dyno numbers to share?

Steve@fullsac.com
Wish I would have had a pull done while in Daytona, I'm curious to see what it actually puts down compared to the charts they are showing for it. Would your cores fit the street cannons ??

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2017, 11:45:18 PM »

Dealer called this morning and said my kit was in. Dropped the bike off this afternoon. Should have it back Wednesday !

Which dealer did the tune?
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2017, 09:20:25 AM »

Wish I would have had a pull done while in Daytona, I'm curious to see what it actually puts down compared to the charts they are showing for it. Would your cores fit the street cannons ??

I pulled a set of the 4.0 Street Cannons apart recently. They had a 2.0 perf core and were packed solid with a fiberglass
bag of some type. The 2.0 baffle is OK but, consuming all the air space in the muffler with packing kills TQ. No chance the CVO baffles will fit. The packing was hell to get out. While dragging it out, it sheered the internal pins off the emblem on the side. After that fell on the floor I was done playing with them. Won't be working on any more of those! Your 4.5s with cats may be different? You cant really pack material around the cat and have it live. I don't think you have a fragile emblem on the side either. If you take them apart and send me a pic of the baffle, I'll be able to give you answer on making a new one. Removing the cats will increase flow and change your tune. Something to consider.

Steve@fullsac.com

Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

pete s.

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2017, 11:14:20 PM »

Which dealer did the tune?
Bleu Bayou Harley Davidson installed the kit and I bought the Harley tuner to go with it. Pretty sure its just Harleys down load. No dyno.

pete s.

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2017, 11:42:21 PM »

I pulled a set of the 4.0 Street Cannons apart recently. They had a 2.0 perf core and were packed solid with a fiberglass
bag of some type. The 2.0 baffle is OK but, consuming all the air space in the muffler with packing kills TQ. No chance the CVO baffles will fit. The packing was hell to get out. While dragging it out, it sheered the internal pins off the emblem on the side. After that fell on the floor I was done playing with them. Won't be working on any more of those! Your 4.5s with cats may be different? You cant really pack material around the cat and have it live. I don't think you have a fragile emblem on the side either. If you take them apart and send me a pic of the baffle, I'll be able to give you answer on making a new one. Removing the cats will increase flow and change your tune. Something to consider.

Steve@fullsac.com
Looks like there are 3 rivets holding the baffle in. I may give it a try and pull it out. Thanks for the info!!

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2017, 09:28:04 AM »

Looks like there are 3 rivets holding the baffle in. I may give it a try and pull it out. Thanks for the info!!

Only speaking of what I've heard, the 4" Street Cannons mounted on a cat free X pipe sounded horrible, IMO... bad tone, rappy sound, just bad

Plus, as Steve (FullSac) mentioned above the cats are in the mufflers in the SE high flow system, if you end up damaging the muffler you're going to hard pressed to find a muffler that will bolt up to the enlarged inlet of the SE headpipe... I'd leave well enough alone, do a little roadtrip, get a great tune from Steve ➡️ https://www.google.com/search?q=gmr+performance&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

My .02
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:37:03 AM by Mr D »
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2017, 09:59:52 AM »

If you drill the rivits and pull it apart, I don't think you'll have any issues putting it back together. Its not a booby trap.You will need stainless rivits to re assemble. Typically the cat and baffle will slide out. Or it may be welded in just beyond the rivited part? Might have to do some weld grinding like the CVO mufflers. Tampering with OEM mufflers is fun, I've enjoyed it for years.

Steve@fullsac.com
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 10:03:30 AM by Fullsac Performance »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

J.smith2780

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2017, 06:32:06 AM »

Contemplating the stage 4, cnc head build for my 2017 cvo and was wondering if anyone has any seat of the pants experience with this build. I am concerned with the noted loss of torque exactly where I spend most of my riding rpm range. Will have a non cat exhaust and tts tune. Thanks in advance

ge IV being a massive disappointment is right. I bought my first Harley 5 months ago. I rode for 7 days before I went back to my dealer and asked them what I can do to make this bike ride. I come fronrideing street bikes GSXR1000  and this new M8 was just gutless.  He told me do the stage 4 you won't be let down.  $3000 dollars later I get the bike back and it has way less power at take off than when I have it to them decent power for about 5 seconds until I hit the rev limiter in every gear.  Super disappointed.  I went back and told them this kit sucks.  The only difference is at about 4000-5500 Rpms, the top endis twice as loud as it was sounds like I got two sewing machines under the tank and the damn bike is running about twice as hot as it was when it was stock they told me I ain't never owned a Harley and welcome to the world of v-twin air cooled engines. So I left thinking maybe he's right.  Well a week later my lady is on the back and she can't take the heat coming up from inbetween the saddle bags and the rear fender she do tried it all.  I bring it back to the dealer they tell me I'm just like all the new Harley guys hearing noises and feeling things. I take the bine home again.  Three days later I take it out to some nice back roads where I can get on it.  First straight away I give it everything it's got and boy is it getting hot. I come into the next straight away and I roll onto the throttle and I lose all power I can't get the bike above 20 mph but I got no place to pull over on the levy rodes.  So I gotta ride it about 1.5mimes to where I can pull over safely.  When I get to that spot and shut her down it is what I think overheating. She is crackling and I can just smell burnt metal or catalytic converter and I can't even get with a foot of the bike without feeling like I'm getting burned.  i check the oil and it's almost dry.  I'm flipping out because I have 600 miles on it and I just destroyed my bike I'm thinking. I get it towed home and immedty go three harts of oil to put in it I call Harley the next day telling them their bike is chit what kind of machine burns up all its oil in 500 miles gives no low oil warning and just lets the rider over heat the bike to 570 degrees an hour after the incident and getting towed home when I hit the cylinders with a laser temp reader.  They said they would come pick it up.  Next day they do and they two hours after it gets their I get a phone call from my Service guy. He says jason you over filled the oil man.  You can't ride around with so much oil when we unscrew the cap it comes out.  I told him he's full of crap. I know how to read a damn dip stick. Well longer story short. My bine experienced the stage 4 sumping issue which caused the overheating and the lack of oil in the oil tank. This was exactly 6 days before Harley issued the official bullitin on the issue.  I told them I wasn't accepting the bine back after hitting 570 degrees and that prob  scorched the rings burned up the catalytic converter and who knows what else.  If it was 570 an hour after the initial over heat and prob 7-800 degrees right after as I was pulling over  which by the way didn't even give me a dash light or a low oil light or anything at all. They assured me the bike was not damaged and it could handle up 900 degrees with no damage. Well a bunch of phone calls to the MoCo and 6 days later my service guy calls me and says dude your never going to believe this but Harley released an official TBO and your bike is one of the bikes. He said the stock oil pump is not powerful enough to push oil through the stage four build. It gets trapped in the crankcase I believe and the bine then can't cool its self down.  Well you could imagine I was very upset because I had been there three times already telling them the bike is way hot and burning mine and my wife's hamstrings and you guys told me in just a newbie to the Harley world.  He actually apologized for blowing me off the last 3 times.  They ended up upgrading the oil pump to a high flow one. Harley also cleared 14 hours I believe it was to do a 4th tear down of the top end and inspect everything to ensure nothing was damaged.  5 days later he called and said nothing wrong with the bike we upgraded the pump and nothing was damaged.  My service guy then said listen why don't you let me send your bike out to a turner and get rid of this garbage SE street tuner and put on TTS master tune.  They offered I buy the tuner they will pay for the labor to the tuner for the inconvenience of bringing my bike three times 1.5 hours each way and then coming back to pick up 4 days later to be told there wasn't a problem and I'm just a newbie. I accepted their offer but  I said won't that ruin my warranty.  He said you don't worry about that your gonna keep the SE street tuner and anything happens we will flash it back to ensure nobody from the MoCo can attempt to void the warranty. 

J.smith2780

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2017, 06:34:20 AM »

Not sure if I should start another thread about this, but I wonder what that 64mm throttle body is going to do to overall mileage if the bike is to be used as a touring platform.  One would hate to drop the mileage to the low 30's like it was on my 120 with a 48mm flatslide Mikuni.  Should be interesting when people start putting some miles on these builds.

On the 2017 m8 road glide I went from about 290 to tank and once the stage 4 went on I can get above 205 this is with the 64 TB

J.smith2780

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2017, 06:34:45 AM »

Contemplating the stage 4, cnc head build for my 2017 cvo and was wondering if anyone has any seat of the pants experience with this build. I am concerned with the noted loss of torque exactly where I spend most of my riding rpm range. Will have a non cat exhaust and tts tune. Thanks in advance

So I know this has been an extremely long post but I wanted to put my Harley M8 stage 4 horror story out there for others to read. So anyhow I got my bine back fro the tuner and it does run better with better response and smoother ride but it still sucks under about 3200 rpms which is where I want to ride to get the best gas mileage.  I mean it lugs at 2100 rpms in all six gears.  I'm getting only 180 miles to tank if I'm lucky. My Dyno print out reads 117hp and 109tq after the TTS mastertune.  Before the TTS and with the SE street tuner it was 109hp and 101tq.  But it just has no balls at all unless your blazing through your fuel and running around just under the rev limiter.  When my lady is the back it's a Constant shifting game unless again I am riding around the 3500-4000 rpms.  Lot of good info on hear and great builds.  I think I'm gonna try the 447 cam fullsac was taking about.  I did one question though any answers would be great or any input. What are your guys take or opinion on the overheating to in gonna guess 7-800 degrees and Harley saying nothing damaged at all. They did revenge replace the rings. I'm mean how much wear did I put on the motor riding around with the oil pump not pumping the oil correctly for the first 600 miles which is the break in period. So it would seem not good for the motor at all and probrbaly goona cause problems earlier on.  Also any of your guys with he stage 4 kits are your top ends loud like sewing Machines you can hear over the screaming eagle slips ons?

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2017, 01:27:01 PM »

check this  2017 stage 4 sumping https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=112589.0
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:31:00 PM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 21 queries.