Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Author Topic: Harry remains Undefeated!  (Read 18745 times)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

Re: Harry remains Undefeated!
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2018, 09:08:12 PM »

WTF Pete?  Was that REAL NOS at Maggie Valley, or just vapor?  If you've really and truly put NOS to that Tour-Glide, I ain't gonna' waste my money twistin' my throttle.  I ain't runnin' NOS, so why waste my time and hard earned money trying to outrun it?  I'm crazy, that's a given, but stupid I ain't.  In most situations.  However, I have exhibited that trait in more than a few venues.  So...if you've got NOS, I ain't gonna' twist Ol' Maybelle up, but if you ain't, I'm in for the run to the finish.  Fess up, be a man, and tell the truth.  The truth is always simpler.  My dyno-sheet shows 150 square.  If you beat me, I'm beat, but you know I won't show Ol' Maybelle any mercy. I've blown more Harley Motors apart than you have.  Probably more than most folks have in the last 45 years.  And if you do beat me, you won't get no cherry, and I will come back for another try.  Nerve and money ain't my problem.  My problem is I lost my Engine Builder in August, of 2014.  Don Tilley was the master in my opinion, and his chit stuck together and was hard to beat.  Anybody that disagrees with that is an idiot, and lacks respect for an Icon, in my opinion.  Matter of fact, I would have to see if I could still hit as hard as I used to, if some idiot argued that issue with me. All that said, are you gonna' bring that orange Tour-Glide to Daytona, and stretch it out with Ol' Maybellle", or not?  It'll be a site to see, and you know Harry will film it for all our cohorts to view!  Bring it Sneaky Pete.  I'll be there.  Win, lose or draw, we'll still be friends, and go eat some chicken!  Later--HUBBARD   
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2018, 10:58:57 PM »

I just hope this picture isn't used on the official WV t-shirt :vrolijk27:
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2018, 06:33:56 AM »

I plan to be there.  NOS or no NOS, that is the question?
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2018, 11:18:18 AM »

And as the song says, " And the race is on and it looks like pride in the backstretch...

BigLew

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2018, 12:35:58 PM »

I don't have a horse in this race and only want to post my opinion for as little as it's worth.  When I had my race cars back in the late 70's. I would never race anyone who had nos. It wasn't really that big back when, however my belief was that it was too simple to add a few ponies that way and harder to build a motor to produce hp.  It's apple and oranges to me. So just an old man's opinion who is probably stuck back in the older days and ways. Anyone like to chime in?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Harry remains Undefeated!
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2018, 05:18:09 PM »

Glide-man we have pretty much stuck over the years to vtwin HD baggers, normally aspirated.

Apples to apples.   The part your missing is in Maggie Valley Pete was purging his bike in the parking lot which Hub was present for hence the query.   

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2018, 05:33:01 PM »

Man it took long enough for the fun to.start....  :huepfenjump3:
Most great stores start with a bad decision

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2018, 06:21:06 PM »

Man it took long enough for the fun to.start....  :huepfenjump3:

This hillbilly feud has been going on over 10 years, just fewer players now.

RIP Randy  :drink:

And always entertaining.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2018, 06:36:16 PM »

Gotcha UnBalanced.  I'm seeing the picture... Thanks !

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »

I don't have a horse in this race and only want to post my opinion for as little as it's worth.  When I had my race cars back in the late 70's. I would never race anyone who had nos. It wasn't really that big back when, however my belief was that it was too simple to add a few ponies that way and harder to build a motor to produce hp.  It's apple and oranges to me. So just an old man's opinion who is probably stuck back in the older days and ways. Anyone like to chime in?
Man that must have been in the dark ages. Too simple to add horsepower? Try building a nitrous motor, keeping it together, and be competitive. Not as easy as you think by a long shot.  :o
John

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2018, 09:29:24 PM »

Another daughter-in-law ADRL # 1 plate 2010.
John

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2018, 10:22:38 PM »

Yeah, yeah.  But purging NOS or vapor, in the parking lot, and not pulling it out on the street, as I suggested, leaves me wondering.  I was ready to twist it, but nobody called.  I promise you if I had NOS, I'da been showing it off solo, much less just seeing how bad it would wear my ass out!  Bring it Pete.  Turn it loose and see if it'll turn sideways like Maybelle.  Sideways right and left, and straighten up about midways through 3rd gear.  Ride 'em like you stole 'em.  No mercy.  If they won't take it, mo' money is required.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2018, 12:30:49 PM »

I'm "old school", too, Glide-man.  NOS just ain't real racing.  Neither is the fastest bike or car always the winner.  Sometimes it's the man straddled the machine, or strapped in the seat.  I'm an old Dirt Tracker, and always ran my races too fast.  I ain't in the record books.  Then, in 2004, we joined the Hooters Pro-Cup Series.  My business partner's son, "The Kid", drove our 22N Chevrolet.  Raced from Lakeland, FL, to Newton, Iowa, had a blast.  Won 1 Race, and was "Rookie of the Year", in 2005.  I thought chasing women, doin' Coke, gambling and building Harleys cost money.  Chit, that's a Drop in the bucket to runnin' a Race Team.  Made a lot of friends, but met some of the lyingest, thieving, cheating MF'ers, on this planet.  From sabotage, to 50' of extra fuel lines, Roll Cages full of BB's, then dumped in Turn 3 at Salem, to B&R cheated up Motors, to electronically activated limited-slip rear axles, to bribe taking officials, I saw it all, including getting called to the "Trailer" and fined for defending myself with a breaker-bar against a drunked up fan, that made me look like a midget, and I'm 6' 2".  Still had a lot of fun, and that's that.  But to put NOS, or a Blower on a MC may display a pocket full of cash, but where I'm from, up here in the Mountains, with a fair share of redneck Hot-rodders, they won't even try to run with you, when you've got that chit.  What's the use?  If we ain't satisfied with the MOCO's Motors, build one, don't make it public knowledge, and watch 'em get mad and tell their friends you're a prick, or come up to you and ask,"What the hell have you done to that Motor?"  That's when I WILL lie!  ROTFLMFAO!  Ride safe, my man, and if you come to Bike Week, PM me and I'll give you my number, and you can ride some with us.  Later--HUBBARD

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2018, 01:27:21 PM »

This hillbilly feud has been going on over 10 years, just fewer players now.

RIP Randy  :drink:

And always entertaining.

You're right, porthole.  And the saga will continue 'till we're all bullchittin' with OTIS.  Damn, I miss him!  He was always quick to rattle anybody's cage, but he was a friend.  I remember one time I was asked to vacate the premises of a nice home, of which I paid for, by the daughter of the devil.  OTIS and Marlene invited me into their home, that day, without question or condition.  I offered to pay, but they refused.  Marlene's a helluva' chef, too.  That's the kind of people they are.  I will never forget that.  I stayed with them until I moved to the home I live in to this day.  That was August, 2008, I think.  I've got to tell these stories, too, 'cause it's Classic OTIS.  We were ridin' one Sunday, and stopped for gas, and two guys pulled in on Can-Ams.  OTIS, still leathered up and full-face helmet on, walked over to the Can-Ams and bent over and was looking all over the front-end, but ain't said a word.  One of the riders said "Can I help you with something?"  OTIS, looked up and said, "Where's the blade on them phucking things?"  'Course OTIS kept a poker-face, but I busted out laughing!  They just looked at each other, and rode away.  Another time we were in NC eatin' hot-wings, which OTIS loved, and as we were leaving, 2 guys rode in on Gold-Wings, or Interstates or something, and they sorta' had the look of smart-asses, and said something to the tune of they used to own Harleys, but had "moved up" to Hondas because they were faster and lot more dependable, blah, blah, blah.  Then asked the question, "you guys ever thought about that?"  OTIS stuck that barrel chest out and said, "All I ever think about when I see one of them pieces of chit, is my Uncle still limping around 'cause of what them Japanese mutherphuckers did at Pearl Harbor!  Anybody that rides one of them pieces of chit is a phucking traitor in my book!"  Those two didn't even go in to eat, that hatted up and left, without a word.  I said, "Damn OTIS, you're ripe today, ain't 'cha?"  "Hell no, he said, that outta' be said to everyone of those mutherphuckers."  OTIS had no fear, and what ever was on his mind, came right out of his mouth.  One of a kind, OTIS was.  He did a lot more good in his life, than he did harm.  I loved him, and I miss him.  Me and SHRADER always talk about him in every conversation we have.  OTIS will never die in our minds.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2018, 04:15:11 PM »

Be proud to Hubbard, be proud to.  8)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 22 queries.