Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Is Rain-X good?  (Read 3977 times)

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
Re: Is Rain-X good?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 08:40:07 PM »

I have the rain x for plastics that I've used on my face shields with mixed results. It seems to work well for about an hour, but then needs additional applications every hour or so. Initially it works better than pledge, but doesn't last as long.

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 04:16:43 PM »

factory rep for royal blue demonstrated using rb on fogged platice headlight covers & on mc windshields. said to wipe it on ,don't let it dry, as then it has quit doing what it was designed for.I use Novus 1 spray as a polish lubricant on windsield, as that's what it was desined for. just my .02
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

HoustonAgingDad

• I ride a '10 FLHTCUI
    • TX

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 10:38:53 AM »

Rain-X came out with a version just for plastic, since the original was not recommended for plastic.  I haven't tried it myself, but here is the Rain-X website blurb if you're interested.

https://www.rainx.com/product/plastic-water-repellent/rain-x-plastic-water-repellent/#.V9CCIGco6Cg

Jerry

Interesting as I've used RainX on motorcycle helmet face shields for years with no problems. I guess I never read the label that closely to see the notice about plastic.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »

Original Rain X has some petroleum products. Not a good idea to use anything with petroleum on a plastic part, ever.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 06:13:58 PM »

Even if Freedom says you can use Rain-X, why would you want to . Their are to many plastic specific products out there that will do the job that using a product that has Petroleum distallates does not seem a good idea.
Also Freedom, while a good company, has not been around all that long. Who's to say that 5-6 years from now you windshield won't start to haze and check? Just sayin
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 22 queries.