Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 cvo wethead 110, any way to get her to run cooler,oil bud,bigger pan?????  (Read 2062 times)

HD_- LEE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

took the bike out in 89 temps and this bike runs hot,just got the bike a few months back.Did the pipes,fuel moto jackpot header,cfr mufflers,thunder monster small baffles,and fuel management.Dyno at thunder beech ,Great power but my 103 ran a lot cooler.Was reading the treads about oil cooler on this forum and now really confused   

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

What is hotter than the 103, what you feel or the actual engine (head and coolant sensors) temperature.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:09:36 PM by HD Street Performance »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

When you say it runs hot do you mean you've checked the actual engine temperature and found it to be above the specifications, or that you're uncomfortable riding it in hot weather in traffic?  An oil cooler isn't going to improve your comfort level, if that's what you're talking about. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Toofast_28

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

Another bit of info, conventional oil starts to breakdown at 240°F, synthetics are good to 500°F (or more).  I had an oil temp guage, all it did was scare me.  Skip the guage, run synthetic, and forget about it, you won't get it hot enough for synthetic to fail.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE

^^^WHAT HE SAID^^^^
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE

What did you base this Hot comment on?

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2016 SE Streetglide

I feel like mine runs a lot cooler then my non twin cooled 103 did. Are you sure your tune is good to go? Maybe your feeling more heat because of your lowers. Do you have them open?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

Riding a modern Harley in 90° temps in traffic is going to be uncomfortably hot, unless you find a way to add an air conditioner and enclosed cab.  Even riding an older model with a smaller and cooler running engine and no lowers or fairing, like my old Dyna, was uncomfortable when the temps hit 90° in traffic.  Riding a bike in hot weather never has been about comfort, especially if you wear proper riding attire.  That's why bikers have to be tougher than your average cage driver.

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

zigzag930

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '15 CVO RGU (FLTRUSE) Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset: Hertz HCX165; FuelMoto Stainless 2-1-2; Fullsac 2.0;TTS-100; TTS Mastertune; SuperShox; Custom Dynamic Ringz, Freedom Shield

FWIW, I had a twin cooled FLTRU and now have a twin cooled FLTRUSE.  I took the FM Jackpot headers and RC 4.5's off the FLTRU and installed them on the FLTRUSE.  Both bikes tuned with TTS (same unit in fact, but different map).

Both bikes ran synthetic oils and other than the engine - were configured virtually the same.

In my opinion, the FLTRUSE is noticeably hotter in traffic.  Wife (as passenger) notices more heat on her ankles which are actually up higher than the FLTRU. 

Not sure if the heads, cylinders or exhaust temps are higher but something is causing more heat to be perceived.

It's a Harley and I live in SW Florida.  End of story.....

prodrag1320

• AMRA & AHDRA P/D record holder
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

a bigger oil pan will result in more oil,not any cooler though.lots of different ways to cool down a hot motor,unless its a very aggressive build,a good combination of cams & compression & right on tune is the best option

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

The motor is not hot, you are hot from the radiant heat off the radiators and exhaust.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE

I rode about 100 miles today and only about 60 miles north of your Punta Gorda location. It was very hot, the bike engine wasn't excessively hot but I was from the radiant temp of the engine and the ambient temp of 92 degrees.
It is hotter than I enjoy riding, have ridden some lately late evening to dinner etc after 7PM without a problem, but with the sun today just to hot to enjoy for me. Not the bikes fault in my opinion.

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.