Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Love Jugs on CVO RG  (Read 1463 times)

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
Love Jugs on CVO RG
« on: June 13, 2017, 01:36:03 PM »

Hello All,

I have read a couple of posts on cooling fans, seems most are using the Wards system.

Anyone using the Love Jugs on a 2015 CVO RG Ultra and if so what mounting style did you use?

Cheers!
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Love Jugs on CVO RG
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 02:28:55 PM »

I had the Ward's on my 09 SERG, but I do not really see much reason to use them on my 15. The fans will blow away some of the heat but not as much or as efficiently as the pumped coolant thru the radiators on the bike.
The worst thing about the Love Jugs... they are butt ugly. But they now have a fan assembly that looks like the Wards. My 15 SERG with only a FP3 FEELS much cooler than the 09 with the Wards Fans and a Professional tune and TTS. FEELS cooler, in my opinion that is all you can go by, no way to really measure the heat as you idle along in traffic.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 03:10:27 PM »

I have a 2015 SESG. I use the wards fans on my bike. My theory is reduce heat any way possible. But I'm not sure Jason is in business any more. I have sent him a couple of emails and he hasn't responded and I think there is a hold up of some kind for new fans.

While having my bike connected to laptop and idling I'll watch he temp rise then the radiator fans will come on right around 220 degrees. As bike continues to idle it will climb slowly in temp up to about 236 and hold there. With the radiator fans coming on and off. I'll then flip on he wards fans and watch he head temp steadily drop to near 200. And stay right in the area as long as the wards fans are running.

Now the negative to the wards fans is while at stop lights you can feel the heat being blown to your inner right thigh from the wards fans. Heat has to go somewhere. I am sure that this is the case with all head cooling fans though.

I agree that love jugs ain't attractive to me. But I have not heard any reports of them not working well to reduce heat. Personal choice I guess. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 04:37:22 PM »

I have a 2015 SESG. I use the wards fans on my bike. My theory is reduce heat any way possible. But I'm not sure Jason is in business any more. I have sent him a couple of emails and he hasn't responded and I think there is a hold up of some kind for new fans.

While having my bike connected to laptop and idling I'll watch he temp rise then the radiator fans will come on right around 220 degrees. As bike continues to idle it will climb slowly in temp up to about 236 and hold there. With the radiator fans coming on and off. I'll then flip on he wards fans and watch he head temp steadily drop to near 200. And stay right in the area as long as the wards fans are running.

Now the negative to the wards fans is while at stop lights you can feel the heat being blown to your inner right thigh from the wards fans. Heat has to go somewhere. I am sure that this is the case with all head cooling fans though.

I agree that love jugs ain't attractive to me. But I have not heard any reports of them not working well to reduce heat. Personal choice I guess. Good luck.

Thanks, what mount did you use, horn or frame?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »

The wards fans only have a horn mount. I think love jugs offer frame or horn mount.

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 07:38:34 PM »

i have a harley parade fan. i don't even know if they are available anymore but its a fast durable mount and it works really well.

to

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.