Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beware of Weekend Drivers  (Read 2101 times)

J.D.

Beware of Weekend Drivers
« on: August 27, 2017, 09:17:23 PM »

(Taken from passenger seat of vehicle).

Lot of drivers just like her on the road.

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
Re: Beware of Weekend Drivers
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 09:29:03 PM »

Is that a dot picture? Or from a cell phone?
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 09:29:23 PM »

It wasn't wednesday was it...... :huepfenlol2:

J.D.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 09:30:17 PM »

Is that a dot picture? Or from a cell phone?

My cell phone.  Riding next to her ~40mph I couldn't believe it.  Snapped a photo at the intersection.

J.D.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 09:31:43 PM »

It wasn't wednesday was it...... :huepfenlol2:

Ha!  Actually it was.  :oops:  :nixweiss:  :huepfenlol2:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 09:32:23 PM »

I have seen cops doing similar.   :nixweiss: :-\ :'(

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 10:46:57 PM »

Unfortunately due to our immediate gratification society distracted driving will be a problem until they finally develop pilot-less vehicles where the occupants can do whatever they want and the destination is programmed into the vehicle. God help us then when the electronics and sensors go bad.
Only way to change the bad habits of people today about phones and driving is to pass a law that holds the phone manufacturers responsible for damages and injuries or deaths due to not having a speed sensor on phones that turns them off above parking lot speeds. I know that would lead to lots of fear about not being able to use a phone but my generation and older grew up without phones in cars and had to find a payphone to call for help.......we survived Ok and I see nothing wrong with pulling over and stop to use phone.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 11:31:26 PM »

There was discussion a few months back about integrating technology in cars that make the cell phone inoperable if the car is moving.  They already have the technology.  The auto industry was trying to convince them to make hands free mandatory (your phone would not work unless it's over your blue tooth).  Never heard anything else about it. 

I was returning from Orange County last weekend with my toy hauler....bumper to bumper traffic.  I passed 7 cars in a row where the driver was texting.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2017, 06:35:10 AM »

There was discussion a few months back about integrating technology in cars that make the cell phone inoperable if the car is moving.  They already have the technology.  The auto industry was trying to convince them to make hands free mandatory (your phone would not work unless it's over your blue tooth).  Never heard anything else about it. 

I was returning from Orange County last weekend with my toy hauler....bumper to bumper traffic.  I passed 7 cars in a row where the driver was texting.
Yuppers. AT&Greed has put devices in our work vehicles that kill our company issued phones once the vehicle hits 10 mph. It stays that way until 60 or 90 seconds after the vehicle has stopped moving. Simple bluetooth device  that sticks on the windshield. If you even hit the Home button on your company iPhone while that red bar is across the screen, your manager gets a text message. If you shut off the BT on your phone, your manager gets a text. It will let you call 911 if need be but that's it. You have no access to any functions. People can still leave you a VM, text or email, you just won't know it until the screen unlocks once the vehicle has stopped. It only works with the phone that's paired to it and has the software.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 01:10:59 PM »

What a great idea!

BigLew

J.D.

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 10:55:31 AM »

What I didn't mention is watching her switching between texting and lighting the cigarette while driving - completely distracted.  The photo is after it was lit, now essentially steering with either the edge of her texting hand and/or knees.

coloradotom

• Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 11:02:21 AM »

All drivers. That seems like the kind of asshole who will wind up killing one of us like just happened down the hill here last night. Hit from behind and another dead motorcyclist. (That is 6 fatalities this year on that stretch of road.)

http://kdvr.com/2017/08/29/motorcyclist-killed-in-jefferson-county-hit-and-run/

J.D.

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 11:22:35 AM »

There's rarely a week that goes by where I don't pass a classic "rear ender" collision in slow stop and go rush hour traffic.  I've seen cars veer off into ditches and hit mailboxes to avoid smashing into stopped cars.  Easily 25%+ of drivers focused on cell phones.

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.