Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 16 CVO Breakout compression release???  (Read 2023 times)

rrich4bevcorp@gmail.com

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

16 CVO Breakout compression release???
« on: August 28, 2017, 03:23:03 PM »

About 3 months ago, I got a letter from Harley about the 110b motor and some type of compression relief valve that needs to be put on my bike to help when starting. Did anyone else receive such a letter? If I remember correctly, it said something about running the battery down when turning over the engine. I am having this issue. My bike was purchased new, always has been kept on a tender, and the battery seems low after only sitting for a day (10 hrs.) at work. I cannot find the letter, and the dealer doesn't seem to know what I am talking about. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: 16 CVO Breakout compression release???
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »

yea,   mine seems to turn over very hard all the time too, but got no letter :nixweiss:

CHH_Badkarma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 04:39:57 PM »

Your bike came from the factory with ACRs (automatic compression release) installed. I believe the letter you were referring to is an adjustment Flash to the program that operates them. This will activate them right away instead of waiting longer in the cycle for them to operate.
Just take it into your dealer it is a simple update

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 08:17:51 PM »

I can't find a copy to post, but I believe it was a service program as CHH_Badkarma said.  If you have a non-standard tune, do some research before having the dealer do the flash.  I've seen some comments that this flash removed any tune and reverted the ECM calibration to the stock settings when it also made the change to the ACR settings.  I have no firsthand knowledge of this, just passing along what I read somewhere.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

RoadDawg

• RDMC
  • Elite CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 08:12:59 AM »

I can't find a copy to post, but I believe it was a service program as CHH_Badkarma said.  If you have a non-standard tune, do some research before having the dealer do the flash.  I've seen some comments that this flash removed any tune and reverted the ECM calibration to the stock settings when it also made the change to the ACR settings.  I have no firsthand knowledge of this, just passing along what I read somewhere.

Jerry

That's what the dealer told me. I decided not to have the update.
Bill - Greenville, South Carolina

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand & Blaze Orange with Black Abyss Graphics
117 Pro Race Kit
Ward Performance Heads
Bassani ProStreet Turnouts
124 HP 133 TQ

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.