Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WHIM and Headset  (Read 3969 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
WHIM and Headset
« on: September 06, 2017, 07:55:35 AM »

Just a heads up, I picked my my 18 SERG on Sunday.  Yesterday I got around to trying to Pair my wireless headset with the bike.  Seemed simple enough to do.  On Head Unit in setup menu there is a line item wireless , click on it and it goes to the option to enable rider or passenger head set, and the option to pair either.  So I enable rider, and select pair rider.  Once I do that it tells me to place the head set into pair mode.

I do that, and a minute later I get a failed to pair message.  Tried two more time, no luck, so I then tried passenger and got same failed message.

So I go to Harley web site.  See there is a download for the WHIM module software.  I have to load an installer program on my laptop.  Then I follow the instructions and load the new software into the WHIM module.  Try to pari again, now it doesn't pair and I do not get the failed message.  So then I check and there is new software for the Headset bluetooth module.  So using the same installer program I update the bluetooth module.

Now it pairs very easily step by step just like the head unit says.

So if you have issues pairing, check all software to make sure its up to date, on headset, on WHIM and for Head Unit.

Very glad this will work on a MAC. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:00:46 AM by FLSTFI Dave »
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Mutant

• NH

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout (Red)
    • CVO2: 2022 RG Limited (Hightail Yelow)
Re: WHIM and Headset
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 10:01:17 AM »

Thanks Dave and congrats on the new addition to the stable. I installed the Whim this week and had to install the updates on all of the bits and pieces as well. The dealer flashed the 6.5 and all worked well. I was able to bluetooth my iPhone to the radio as usual and enable the phone and media. To my delight I could add both rider and passenger Bluetooth headsets also. Everything works perfectly in any combination that I could think to try.

I did run into one concern. The audio in my Sena 20s is mono. It is stereo when connected directly to my phone. So the story goes that you need to buy the HD version of the 20s. I am hoping I am missing something or Harley and Sena will work this out in the near future. If this is a Harley exclusive it would be one more thing MOCO did to anger the tribe.
Life is short - Create Adventure

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 10:14:42 AM »

I did run into one concern. The audio in my Sena 20s is mono. It is stereo when connected directly to my phone. So the story goes that you need to buy the HD version of the 20s. I am hoping I am missing something or Harley and Sena will work this out in the near future. If this is a Harley exclusive it would be one more thing MOCO did to anger the tribe.
[/quote]

This may answer your question:

https://youtu.be/X5vqELUWVPY
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

fred786

• Senior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHCS 114
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE Traded
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 12:10:25 PM »

Just like the video says, buy a FreeWire by Sena.  Much cheaper option at this time and is stereo.  I have had a FreeWire for a year now and it has worked flawlessly.
A lot of people giving the mother ship big dollars before doing some research as to other options.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 08:35:04 AM »

I emailed Sena to see if their 30K unit would transmit in stereo when paired with HD WHIM.

No joy!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sena Tech Support,

The 30k needs to be connected using a dongle that transmits all the infotainment of your bike to the 30k headset.

FreeWire
-is a transmitter that would be hardwire using a 7 pin-Din port on your boom box on your Harley bike
-Bluetooth compatible with this would be 30k/20s/20sEVO/10S/10C/10CEVO/10u/10R.

Whim
- is a transmitter that is installed on your Harley boom box to transmit all the infotainment of your Harley bike.
- can connect all Sena headset, however, you would get a monotone.

Let me know if this suffices your needs.

Thanks
Have a lovely day.
At your service,

Kirk
SENA Technical Support

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.