Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two water pumps  (Read 1962 times)

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
Two water pumps
« on: September 07, 2017, 09:47:53 PM »

I have a 2016 FLTRUSE and I had a new water pump and both fans replaced while on a trip 2 months and just over 500 miles ago. Today, I went out for a short trip on a perfect 80 degree day. After stopping for lunch I headed home and about 2 miles down the road, I look down and there they are, check engine and the red radiator hot lights are on. I checked the fuse when I got home and it was ok, so it's probably the thermostat not telling the fans to come on because it wasn't changed 500 miles ago with everything else.  Typical save that dollar on a warranty job, hoping the rest of the system will last till after the warranty is up. Oops, the warranty is still good for seven more days, lol.
But I saved the $50 on the extended warranty I bought, it's a win win this time.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

solutionsville

• 2016 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited - Carbon Dust/Electric Red Pearl
Re: Two water pumps
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 06:55:59 AM »

They had to replace my water pump three times and the thermostat twice. All under warranty.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 08:37:33 AM »

I have a 2016 FLTRUSE and I had a new water pump and both fans replaced while on a trip 2 months and just over 500 miles ago. Today, I went out for a short trip on a perfect 80 degree day. After stopping for lunch I headed home and about 2 miles down the road, I look down and there they are, check engine and the red radiator hot lights are on. I checked the fuse when I got home and it was ok, so it's probably the thermostat not telling the fans to come on because it wasn't changed 500 miles ago with everything else.  Typical save that dollar on a warranty job, hoping the rest of the system will last till after the warranty is up. Oops, the warranty is still good for seven more days, lol.
But I saved the $50 on the extended warranty I bought, it's a win win this time.

They had to replace my water pump three times and the thermostat twice. All under warranty.

Makes me wonder if some dealerships are just throwing parts at it versus doing proper diagnostics. :nixweiss:   Nah, Harley dealerships would never do that, would they?

Jerry ::)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 11:28:18 AM »

That's great!  All that warranty support. 

Oh, wait; not so much.  If it craps out that often in the first two years how much you going to be spending in the warm glow of after-warranty?

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 02:36:41 PM »

Ahhh, that would be $50, I was smart enough to buy a ESP and even though I love my bike and hate the new ones, I'd be happy to trade for a 117 M8 if I have to. Lol.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.