Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Fewer CVO's for 18?  (Read 14483 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Fewer CVO's for 18?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 08:09:29 AM »

When I picked up  my 18 cvo limited I was told only 1200 cvo limited period. And that is all colors. I got the first red one in Texas and I have talked to a few dealers that were trying to get it as I was signing the papers. The dealer I got it from used to get 18 of them and are only getting 6 of all the cvos this year.
Another uninformed dealer or salesman. The only CVO that will be 1200 is the CVO Limited in the Anniversary blue color.  Only one per dealer world wide.

Almost as bad as the Dealer that did a Youtube review of the CVO's this year and went on for 5 minutes about what makes the CVO so special is they are built on there own line.  They are built by the best workers only.  That they were 100% hand built

He got pissed when I posted that last hand built, by a team of two in a separate building was 2009.  Since then they have all been on the regular production line.  I toured the CVO line in 09 and again in 10 when on the regular line.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 09:36:39 AM »

If true then lower production numbers will help the used market retain more value.  Demand is not there, makes sense to keep profit per bike more stable than deep discounting like HD has had to do recently.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ultrarider123

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2017, 09:57:07 AM »

Or you could look at it this way.  The MoCo should make more....dilution is the solution for pollution. 

Potentially, the more product you manufacture, the smaller the percentage of bikes there are that have warranty claims.  The less you manufacture, the larger the percentage of warranty claims because you are pulling data from smaller production run numbers.  Plus, if you make more of a product that isn't selling, your warranty claims also go down 'cause all the new bikes are gathering dust in the showroom (and your warranty claims percentages goes down even further....makes you look like everything is peaches and cream....dem  folks in Mylwallkee needs me....)  :stars: :dizzy2: :rolleyes4: 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2017, 01:13:02 PM »

Or you could look at it this way.  The MoCo should make more....dilution is the solution for pollution. 

Potentially, the more product you manufacture, the smaller the percentage of bikes there are that have warranty claims.  The less you manufacture, the larger the percentage of warranty claims because you are pulling data from smaller production run numbers.  Plus, if you make more of a product that isn't selling, your warranty claims also go down 'cause all the new bikes are gathering dust in the showroom (and your warranty claims percentages goes down even further....makes you look like everything is peaches and cream....dem  folks in Mylwallkee needs me....)  :stars: :dizzy2: :rolleyes4:

You should work for those guys, I think they would understand your logic maybe better than me. A peek into HDs warranty strategies (if there are any) would make my head hurt.   ;D

Another case for more production is maintain market share, even if discounting is the only option.  I think that is what HD has been trying to do to stave off competitors the last few years. If allowed to grow unchecked, they will eventually eat too much of HD's lunch, or market share.  Makes for a buyers market, downside is it depresses used bike prices due to too many bikes on the market at lower original sell price.

workingdan

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2017, 02:16:30 PM »

I have ordered one here in Oz and have a delivery date of Mid January, will be manufactured in November.

P.S this order went in end of July before I even knew colour or Anniversary releases, so to my knowledge
this will be the first one at my dealers.

I ordered mine in june with hopes of being first in line. Glad i was being every dealer only getting 1. Was told they will be built sometime in December.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2018 SE ultra limited anniversary #460 V&H MK45 slip ons

Sold 2015 SE Road Glide Ultra. V&H power duals, V&H monster square mufflers. FP3 tuner

SOLD 2013 SE ultra. Fuel moto 2/1/2 head pipe, Pro touring mufflers, woods T222 cams, vision tuner.

SOLD 2007 SE ultra. full sac true duals with 2" baffels. big mouth air cleaner. Tman performance Stage 4 Thumper Series 110 " Kit. Tman 625 cam. SE race tuner. ultra style hard tour pak

SOLD 2005 SE FatBoy. Stage 1 AC, Thunderheader

workingdan

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2017, 02:17:14 PM »

I was at the AIMExpo yesterday and Harley Davidson had a blue CVO limited anniversary edition on display, the young gal that was guarding it said that they are only producing 1500 anniversary CVO Limited's.....someone must have loaned her the HD corporate shirt because she didn't know a thing about the bike.

It didn't look bad although it was inside and the lighting was poor, the price scared me away.
Did you take any pics you could post?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2018 SE ultra limited anniversary #460 V&H MK45 slip ons

Sold 2015 SE Road Glide Ultra. V&H power duals, V&H monster square mufflers. FP3 tuner

SOLD 2013 SE ultra. Fuel moto 2/1/2 head pipe, Pro touring mufflers, woods T222 cams, vision tuner.

SOLD 2007 SE ultra. full sac true duals with 2" baffels. big mouth air cleaner. Tman performance Stage 4 Thumper Series 110 " Kit. Tman 625 cam. SE race tuner. ultra style hard tour pak

SOLD 2005 SE FatBoy. Stage 1 AC, Thunderheader

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2017, 09:27:00 PM »

I like that logic... LMAO...  ;D
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2017, 11:30:50 PM »

I went to my dealer today to pick up a shirt and finally saw the CVO Roadglide. I agree it looks much better in person and I loved the 21 inch front wheel. They were asking $1200 over MSRP but told me they would take sticker. He showed me a copy of the asking price from San Diego Harley where they are asking $10,500 over MSRP that a customer took a pic of which is insane!
He told me he was getting about half as many CVO's this year as he did last year. He has always been straight with me before and also knows I am not in the market so I do believe him
Alan

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
CVO Shipments for '18 Models Cut by Two-Thirds?
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2017, 10:02:12 PM »

Four forum members visited two different dealers this past Saturday in the Kansas City area.  One dealer had one new CVO, the other had maybe 2+. 
The second one had a beautiful Ultra, but was asking $49,995 for it.  Yes, that's right, and it's no misprint.
When we asked why, he said their incoming CVO shipments for 18's were being drastically cut because factory production has been cut by 66%.  Now, I don't know if this is true, but this guy told us they were charging the $7k premium because of that production cut.
We all left pretty disgusted with the whole thing. 
Yes, a dealer is entitled to make money.  Yes, they can charge what they want for the bikes.  But a $7k markup over MSRP is a 17% bump over MSRP. 
And here we thought the CVO's were already over priced.

Anybody out there got any intel on this subject, or seen something like this at their dealerships?
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: CVO Shipments for '18 Models Cut by Two-Thirds?
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2017, 07:56:34 AM »

I am sure that is why they had 2018 CVO's on the floor, especially 2 in one dealership.

I have yet to see an 2018 CVO on the showroom floor.  Dealers in my area are MSRP.  Dealer I do business with has already sold four 2018's and not a one hit the floor, sold before they came in.  I know the next two that come in are also sold units.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2017, 09:04:30 AM »

2/3rds cutback sounds fishy.  $7k premium sounds like a hook.  Destination Daytona (last time I checked) was getting away with BS like this.  And on CVOs if you checked back in a week or 2, they would be gone.  Am thinking it's a PT Barnum exercise, and buyers with more money than sense keep it going.

ultrarider123

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2017, 09:29:45 AM »

It's gotta be a new sales movement, too.  As in the dealership of which Dave is speaking moves a lot of new inventory over the model year.  With that comes more bikes from the MoCo because they know SMHD will sell 'em to include CVO's.  The other dealer in the K'ville area (not counting Smokey's in Morristown) doesn't move as many new bikes even with their two locations and therefore doesn't get as many including CVO's.  Thing is, they are both MSRP dealers but Scott outperforms the East TN dealerships on a regular basis so he is allotted more bikes.  If a dealership is selling way over MSRP, the folks that purchase are the suckers, not the dealership. 

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2017, 09:44:14 AM »

It's gotta be a new sales movement, too.  As in the dealership of which Dave is speaking moves a lot of new inventory over the model year.  With that comes more bikes from the MoCo because they know SMHD will sell 'em to include CVO's.  The other dealer in the K'ville area (not counting Smokey's in Morristown) doesn't move as many new bikes even with their two locations and therefore doesn't get as many including CVO's.  Thing is, they are both MSRP dealers but Scott outperforms the East TN dealerships on a regular basis so he is allotted more bikes.  If a dealership is selling way over MSRP, the folks that purchase are the suckers, not the dealership.

Agreed.

New buyers, the uneducated in the way of Harley Dealers, never consider shopping outside their area. Shopping outside your state/region for MSRP dealers and those willing to make a deal can be big leverage with your local dealer. However, I am sure some are still stubborn and they may well have their precious CVO's on the floor for a while.

IMO the dealers are trying to come to terms with lower sales, production, and allotments. Some view these challenges and try to make it up in margin. The problem is that you have to find someone to pay an inflated price. I have seen them land inflated sales but it's either from someone with disposable income or a person that just needs to be the first on the block with that new CVO (or whatever).

DH

mark

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2017, 09:46:17 AM »

Some dealers receive their CVOs and then go "fishing."  They put the bike on the floor with an "over MSRP" price tag and see if they get any hits.  If not, no big deal, they'll start reducing the price.  It's easy to do this at the beginning of the production run because if it doesn't sell, they've got plenty of time to reduce the price before the '19s come out.

I'm sure HD sales staff try to spin the "fewer CVO production in 2018" as a positive thing, exclusivity, etc., which of course they'll say demands a higher price.     

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2017, 05:56:43 PM »

i have yet to see a new/2018 CVO, and have been told the same thing...fewer CVOs. Dillon Brothers in Omaha said they have got 4 and all sold before they arrived   :nixweiss: going to be an interesting year if its true
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 21 queries.