Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Abnormal tire wear  (Read 4499 times)

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
Re: Abnormal tire wear
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2017, 08:06:55 PM »

Yes, put AE back on.

I have about 8k on new tire and wear seems even with very little cupping.

Cat

Thank you. I think that is the direction I am going also
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2017, 09:09:23 PM »

Just out of boredom I emailed Dunlop/AE with the pics of the tire and finding nothing with the bike. Just curious as much as anything to see if I can even get a reply from them

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2017, 10:53:55 PM »

Well I got a surprise today. Dunlop replied to my email with a number to call to talk to a service rep. Very nice guy and after a 10 minute chat we ended nowhere except maybe we were overloading the tire and were taking left hand corners much harder than right hand.....lol. I will say though as was mention in an earlier post, the rep felt like crown of the road could play a piece of it. He did make the comment that their European counterparts hear of higher wear on the right side of the tire. Long story short no real answers. Guessing I will throw another one on and see how it goes. Still several thousand miles ahead of where I had to chunk the OEM Dunlops

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 05:39:03 AM »

Well I got a surprise today. Dunlop replied to my email with a number to call to talk to a service rep. Very nice guy and after a 10 minute chat we ended nowhere except maybe we were overloading the tire and were taking left hand corners much harder than right hand.....lol. I will say though as was mention in an earlier post, the rep felt like crown of the road could play a piece of it. He did make the comment that their European counterparts hear of higher wear on the right side of the tire. Long story short no real answers. Guessing I will throw another one on and see how it goes. Still several thousand miles ahead of where I had to chunk the OEM Dunlops

Thanks for the follow up....I was thinking maybe Dunlop was expecting us to rotate tires every 1000 miles to maintain even tire wear.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 08:22:48 AM »

Thanks for the follow up....I was thinking maybe Dunlop was expecting us to rotate tires every 1000 miles to maintain even tire wear.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Maybe they could set up an exchange program with our European counterparts. We could wear out the left side and they could wear out the right. At a predetermined point of wear we exchange and balance the wear back out...  :huepfenjump3:

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2017, 08:42:26 PM »

:beerchug:
Brilliant!

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2017, 09:37:19 PM »

Not sure why Europe would have the reverse--only England (and most of its former colonies) drives on the left side.

Or they expect us to put the bike in reverse gear and then ride backwards half the time.   ;)
If you want peace, prepare for war.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 20 queries.