Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boom box  (Read 811 times)

easttnrhino

• Full CVO Member
Boom box
« on: September 27, 2017, 09:06:35 AM »

I had a 2011 cvo road glide ultra and the radio was better than my 2015 I ride cvo road glide ultra I ride now. the dealer has changed a speaker or two under warranty, updated boom box, just seems to get worse. Speakers not clear seems like have to volume almost maxed out. Anyone have a fix that's to costly. Thanks bike warranty gone

Mutant

• NH

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout (Red)
    • CVO2: 2022 RG Limited (Hightail Yelow)
Re: Boom box
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 11:40:17 AM »

I am in no way an audio expert on this topic and I am sure there are other treads that address your issue. The Harley sound system has inherent problems that you can't fix. I blew up my Boom2 speakers and I know of a few others who have also. The speakers just can't take it. Harley uses two EQ curves. One for when the engine is off and one for riding. You can hear this if you have the engine running and then switch to acc. The engine shuts off and the sound system suddenly sounds great. Many have thrown in the towel and went to aftermarket systems. Checkout the Biketronics Inc. system. I have heard it and the sound is awesome. They get around the EQ issue with their amp and line levelers. You are going to spend some $$$$$.
Life is short - Create Adventure

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.