Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seats  (Read 2705 times)

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Seats
« on: November 02, 2017, 04:56:52 PM »

I hope I have this in the correct area of forum.

I have a 2015 SESG and I'm looking for a very comfortable solo seat. I currently use the hammock and it's great and the wife loves it also. But I do most of my riding solo.

I was looking at the Mustang solo with backrest a bit pricey but not if it is awesome. Any one try it?

I would greatly appreciate any other suggestions too. Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
Re: Seats
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 05:14:22 PM »

I have the mustang solo with the back rest. For me, I don’t think anything is better than the hammock for long rides but, the mustang is great for day to day rides of up to 500 miles.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 05:37:00 PM »

There are so many to pick from and it is such a personal thing that I would strongly suggest who ever you order a seat from, get them to agree to a 30 day trial period.  That way you can try different seats, although some companies will insist that you pay for the return shipping.  Paying for shipping is a lot less than paying for a seat you don't like and you're stuck with.

A few years ago I tried an aftermarket seat and had 30 days to try it out.  I returned it after only 10 and received a full refund, and ended up purchasing a different Harley seat.  A few months later a friend of mine and I were at Americade where all the manufacturers are to test out different seats.  My friend asked to take a Mustang seat for a 20 minute test ride and the sales rep wouldn't allow it.  I said I wouldn't buy it, but he really liked the seat and went against my best advise...

The Mustang rep shipped his Harley seat home in the Mustang box and he rode the 9 hours back home on his new Mustang seat.  When he arrived home he removed his new Mustang seat and hung it on the wall, waiting for his Harley seat to arrive before he could ride again as he never wanted to ride with the Mustang seat again!  It still hangs on his garage wall because he never was able to sell it.  That was three bikes ago and now it won't fit any of the 2008 and newer models.

So again, my best advise is to take a test ride before your final decision.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:42:02 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 06:11:04 PM »

There is a wide array to choose from. If I can find a good solo that I can spend all day in then I'm gonna get the solo tour pak rack and move the TP up close for trips. Which is the only time I have the TP on.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 06:18:25 PM »

Buy it through jp cycles and take it for ride, if you don’t like it send it back for a credit or refund.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 08:18:29 PM »

I have a 2015 SESG and I'm looking for a very comfortable solo seat. I currently use the hammock and it's great and the wife loves it also. But I do most of my riding solo.

I was looking at the Mustang solo with backrest a bit pricey but not if it is awesome. Any one try it?

I have mustang solo with backrest only used maybe 1000 miles over a season or so
usually wife was on back so had ultra seat on most of time..i liked it but I really don't go on real long rides..if you were closer id let you borrow it to see if you like it.. I would sell it not sure what its worth ill make a for sale post in proper section if I do
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:26:01 PM by trwtow »
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 09:22:44 PM »

Lots of folks here really like Corbin seats.

I personally like C&C seats and have both a SportsTouring seat with Riders back rest and a Solo seat without back rest. I can ride all day long from dusk to dawn and have NO hot spots on my azz.

If you are on the HD forum. A member is selling a Leather (I believe) C&C Solo with back rest and pillon pad for $375.00 which is a killer price!

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 09:55:21 PM »

Lots of folks here really like Corbin seats.

I personally like C&C seats and have both a SportsTouring seat with Riders back rest and a Solo seat without back rest. I can ride all day long from dusk to dawn and have NO hot spots on my azz.

If you are on the HD forum. A member is selling a Leather (I believe) C&C Solo with back rest and pillon pad for $375.00 which is a killer price!

YB

I am one of those people who like my Corbin Classic Solo....no problem to do an all day ride with it. Had them on my last 3 bikes.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 10:14:46 PM »

Buy it through jp cycles and take it for ride, if you don’t like it send it back for a credit or refund.

Great idea

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 11:25:35 PM »

I’ve had a Corbin, went back to Saddleman. As for toppings, I’ve tried AirHawk, sheepskin, and beads. By far the best addition was the BeadRider.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

skorch

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHXSE gunship Gray
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 07:06:09 AM »

I have the Mustang solo with backrest that rests against my tourpack pad. It is a great comfortable long haul seat, but everyone’s butt is different!

jcd520

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 09:52:03 AM »

Been riding mustangs for years. Nothing better for me!
Try the solo 79446 and passenger pillion 79110.....use tis when you want to really go somewhere.....use the stocker when you want to ride around town and look cool.
My wife and I love the mustang on long trips.....no ass burn like with the stocker

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 10:41:07 AM »

I have not found a need to replace the stock two piece seat that came on my 2012 cvo sg.  It took some time to "break in" but I can now ride it all day (that's 700 mile days).  I finally sprung for the third party cvo backrest and it makes a difference I  like.  Also just got the king tour pak and solo mount.

Works for me.   Does your 15 have the two piece seat?

Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 10:42:14 AM »

another view
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

mturner2003

• OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: Seats - Need more room
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 04:44:15 PM »

Hondo, not looking to highjack your thread but it is currently the latest post about seats.

I'm about 6'4 and feel absolutely crammed on my SG. My boots are all the way up against the lower fairings and I still don't have enough room. My old Electra Glide had tons of leg room.

I know there are plenty of seats out there that allow for more leg room, however, I am looking for something very particular that the aftermarket brand websites just don't verify. I want just a solo seat upgrade that will still allow me to use the factory pillion seat in the event I decide to give a good looking girl a ride  8)

I personally like riding around without the pillion to show off more paint because I don't have a significant other and typically ride alone anyway. Can anyone please give me some input? It would be greatly appreciated!

Looking for...

Solo seat
"Cool" looking (sleek and matching the bikes style) No over-sized cushions or out of place looks.
Works with factory pillion or comes with it's own pillion. No 1 piece "2 up" seats!

Thank you for your input guys and gals! <--- 6'4 girls!?  :o
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:45:59 PM by mturner2003 »

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.