Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Annual Kabuki dance with AT&T U-Verse  (Read 2373 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Annual Kabuki dance with AT&T U-Verse
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 11:23:54 AM »

Darn it, I thought we were jinxes.   ;D

My neighbors, friends - same deal.   Am looking forward to when we can stream tv more easily instead of cable/satellite.  Some are doing it already, cable, satellite, and telecom subscriptions fall off each year, 22 million less by the end of 2017.
Direct TV Now is available already...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 03:53:14 PM »

Never heard back from AT&T on Facebook after they said they were reviewing my account a couple days ago.  Did directly contact their customer loyalty department and got a sort of acceptable deal to continue.  Now this was after I visited the local store a couple days ago and the rep there called the same department and could not find anything acceptable.  Jeez I think they make this up on the fly.

They said there might be a better promotion starting in December and I could check back then.  If something better available I could switch to that

I have a headache and think I'll go lie down for a while.  Better yet I think I'll have a beer - or three.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2017, 04:20:21 PM »

I'd be happy if I could just get straight answers to any questions, be it AT&T or Comcast or whoever.  I have to love how they are allowed to advertise a set price for a service that does not include "mandatory" extras and various bogus fees they try to make sound like a state or local tax but really aren't.  Comcast is the worlds worst in terms of the difference between the advertised price and the actual monthly bill.  Try to get them to tell you what the full price will be when ordering service.  If you still have any hair left after that runaround you have better nerves than me.  My current bill for cable is $40 more than the advertised price for instance, and most people I've talked to have the same problem.  The advertised rate for my package has stayed the same for about ten years, but the actual monthly bill just keeps rising thanks to made-up fees.  Somehow the authorities don't consider this to be a violation of any laws or regulations and they refuse to get involved.

Btw, for those thinking the answer is to just cut the cord and stream everything, the same monopolies that control cable also control internet access in most areas.  Drop your cable service as many have, and watch the price for internet rise along with stricter data caps.  If you start out a "winner" by cutting the cord, you can bet they will change that in short order.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 04:46:03 PM »

I'd be happy if I could just get straight answers to any questions, be it AT&T or Comcast or whoever.  I have to love how they are allowed to advertise a set price for a service that does not include "mandatory" extras and various bogus fees they try to make sound like a state or local tax but really aren't.  Comcast is the worlds worst in terms of the difference between the advertised price and the actual monthly bill.  Try to get them to tell you what the full price will be when ordering service.  If you still have any hair left after that runaround you have better nerves than me.  My current bill for cable is $40 more than the advertised price for instance, and most people I've talked to have the same problem.  The advertised rate for my package has stayed the same for about ten years, but the actual monthly bill just keeps rising thanks to made-up fees.  Somehow the authorities don't consider this to be a violation of any laws or regulations and they refuse to get involved.

Btw, for those thinking the answer is to just cut the cord and stream everything, the same monopolies that control cable also control internet access in most areas. Drop your cable service as many have, and watch the price for internet rise along with stricter data caps.  If you start out a "winner" by cutting the cord, you can bet they will change that in short order.

Jerry
Exactly. A lot of providers will give unlimited data on your home service when bundled with a video service. AT&T included.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.