Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This is a good one  (Read 1460 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

This is a good one
« on: December 12, 2017, 02:50:32 PM »

Mobile speed camera unit was out today, photo taken just up the road from my place 😂😂😂 in a 30mph zone. Don't know why they need a camera. If anyone was doing 30+ in the bend you would slide straight up his tail pipe. No one here runs winter tyres everyone still has summers on.

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Re: This is a good one
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 07:38:54 AM »

Looks like they just stopped for lunch...
Bill

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 07:50:50 AM »

I'm just trying to grasp the idea of a mobile speed camera, Pete.  I've never seen one over here....yet.  Our mobile speed reducing devices have folks with uniforms and they pull you over to issue our driving "awards".

Interesting concept....

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 08:43:13 AM »

From the looks of that position does not appear to afford many citations for speeding, the camera footage should be entertaining though.   :)
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 09:02:36 AM »

I'm just trying to grasp the idea of a mobile speed camera, Pete.  I've never seen one over here....yet.  Our mobile speed reducing devices have folks with uniforms and they pull you over to issue our driving "awards".

Interesting concept....

You're missing out. They are all over Arizona. New Mexico is too poor to afford these kinds of speed traps. Thank goodness.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 01:06:36 PM »

Interesting concept....

Watch yerself in Union City TN... They have a little white SUV that gets parked on route 22...  >:(

You get your coupon in the mail. The state representative from that area says to throw the thing in the trash since it's a third party contractor from out of state that sends the bill -  seems it's not technically allowed by statute or something.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 02:53:26 PM »

The camera is up in the top left corner of the van they send you stills of who's driving the vehicle registration number and speed. They give a number to go on line to see the video of your approach. Their nation wide only during the day light hours.
You have the chance to take a driving awareness course that cost a £100.00 to save getting 3 points on your license for the next 5 years or pay £60.00 and have the 3 points. 9 points they take your license for 12 months and remove 3 points when you get it back.  That's 10 years of clean driving to clear the points. Licensing renewal is every 10 years.

ultrarider123

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 03:14:47 PM »

The camera is up in the top left corner of the van they send you stills of who's driving the vehicle registration number and speed. They give a number to go on line to see the video of your approach. Their nation wide only during the day light hours.
You have the chance to take a driving awareness course that cost a £100.00 to save getting 3 points on your license for the next 5 years or pay £60.00 and have the 3 points. 9 points they take your license for 12 months and remove 3 points when you get it back.  That's 10 years of clean driving to clear the points. Licensing renewal is every 10 years.

and I thought our driving laws were strict.  Dang, Pete

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 05:00:29 PM »

One year I took Driver's Safety Training in Arizona, Texas and New Mexico. The first two were online thankfully.  :P

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 07:50:15 PM »

One year I took Driver's Safety Training in Arizona, Texas and New Mexico. The first two were online thankfully.  :P

They put you through a video driving safety test, it's like a video game you're behind the wheel and have to click the mouse at possible hazards. To many clicks or not enough is a failure.

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 22 queries.