Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: oberon adjustable clutch lever  (Read 1763 times)

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
oberon adjustable clutch lever
« on: December 18, 2017, 02:42:11 PM »

so i've read about the oberon clutch levers on and off for a while here, and while i'm pretty much used to how far out the friction zone is on my clutch (i have had this bike for over 4 years :D), i've always been bothered by it.  this year, i bought a set of heated gloves for the winter, and since they are bulkier than my standard gloves, i really felt that having the friction point closer to the grip would be a lot better.

based on a couple of other threads, i bought the oberon adjustable clutch lever from http://www.hogleverage.com  found their service to be good.  kept me well informed, and shipped pretty quickly.  even got it a day earlier than expected  :2vrolijk_21:

a quick 5 minute install (only because i had to file down the tips of my snap ring pliers) and the lever is on.  took a quick test ride and first impressions are very favorable.  the only downside is that even though there are 5 or 6 adjustment positions, you really can only use 2, maybe 3 of them.

the adjustment is easy enough to do that i can see adjusting it in closer when you have a need to do a lot of clutching (slow speed, stop n go traffic, etc.) but then adjust it back out further when you get back to normal ops.  i initially rode it on the 3rd adjustment, and i did have some resistance in the clutch/tranny when downshifting to make a u turn.  one click out, and was not noticeable anymore, full clutch disengagement.

here's a couple of pics, the first pic shows the new lever laid over in relation to the stock lever without any adjustment made.  the 2nd pic is on the 2nd click.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:49:41 PM by skratch »
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: oberon adjustable clutch lever
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 02:43:52 PM »

and this is on the 2nd click of adjustment.  as you can see, the blade is a little bit shorter than the stock blade, but i hardly noticed that at all when test riding.  if you have bigger hands, you might notice it.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 12:22:06 AM »

Wow!  They look quite nice, and hopefully do all that they advertise.

They maybe a better choice than what I installed on my wife's Ultra.

http://www.arlenness.com/prodcat/08-900.asp

These work, but I've always felt they were not very solid in their construction and have a fair bit of play.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 04:40:59 AM »

I have both the clutch and brake levers from Oberon in use for the past six months, I have found the second adjustment position to be my sweet spot for the size of my hands and I'm very pleased with their operation.

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.