Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Exhaust for 2018 CVO RG  (Read 3499 times)

Masar

• 2018 CVO Road Glide Gunship Gray

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide Gunship Gray
Exhaust for 2018 CVO RG
« on: January 21, 2018, 04:21:29 PM »

I am looking for better sound but i want to keep OEM exhaust. I am total newbie in the exhaust cores. I found Fullsac power cores. Will the Fullsac power cores fit  2018 CVO RG? I buy just the cores and i change them for stock? Anything else? I am not looking for any power increase,just sound. Is it realy noticable difference? Should i go with 2 or 2.25? I did not find any sound clips with 2018 CVOs.  Can i put the stock cores back - ii mean is it switchable?

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
Re: Exhaust for 2018 CVO RG
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 07:21:25 PM »

Fullsac is an excellent idea and yes they will fit your 2018. Everything you need is on Steve's website. https://fullsac.com/ The original cores can get pretty beat up upon removal so I would say no on the reuse question and there really would be no reason to. The larger the core the louder they will be, but even the 2.25's are not over the top loud, but you could purchase the 1.75" for a quieter sound and the 2.25" for a louder sound. Once you have Fullsacc cores installed you can easily interchange them as necessary. I am running the 2" with Techmat. Are you concerned with emissions? If so you may not want to change the head pipe, although it's highly recommended for performance, sound and getting rid of the unwanted heat that the catalytic converter creates. If you can't find the answers to your questions on Fullsac's website just email them and Steve or Sherry will gladly answer them for you.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Masar

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 07:13:02 AM »

Thanks for all the info.

I like OEM STOCK exhaust look incl. the end caps. I like that gloss black design. So would be great to have nice sound and keep the stock exhaust.

Beside that I live in Europe and we have strict noise regulations. Its not best idea to use aftermarket exhaust system without CE marks and approval. So my idea is use Fullsac cores to keep original exhaust. I will not meet the noise regulations but if police stops me, i can at least argue that i use stock factory exhaust providing the CE marks which are printed on the exhaust from factory. At least something....  I have almost 0 problems in my country. But going for long trip around Europe especially in Germany, Austria i can have serious problems with police. For this reason i was thinking about using Fullsac 2.25 in my country and stock cores as exchange cores for long trips outside my country. So if i buy 1.75 instead of stock (long trips) and 2.25 (short daily use) , how difficult is to change it? Is it just few minutes job?

I do not want to change head pipe. Just the muffler cores. But i just hope it makes sense to change just the muffler cores and sound difference is noticeable. The stock sound is terrible. I am coming from softails. My last bike was Slim S with open Rush pipes - very loud. I just did not travel around Europe with this bike so i did not care.....

I don't even know if the 2018 CVO RG has standard mufflers or already some improved Screaming Eagle mufflers. Because my stock end caps look exactly like Defiance end caps from Harley catalogue. According catalogue these Defiance end caps fit Screaming Eagle Street Cannon mufflers only. But they do not fit CVO models. Its confusing...It looks like we have some special mufflers and end caps made just for CVO which are not offered in standard catalogue ? I am asking because Fullsac webpage says, they cores do not fit Screaming Eagle mufflers.

By the way my bike still stay at dealer showroom with 0 mileage. I am waiting for spring.

Fullsac is an excellent idea and yes they will fit your 2018. Everything you need is on Steve's website. https://fullsac.com/ The original cores can get pretty beat up upon removal so I would say no on the reuse question and there really would be no reason to. The larger the core the louder they will be, but even the 2.25's are not over the top loud, but you could purchase the 1.75" for a quieter sound and the 2.25" for a louder sound. Once you have Fullsacc cores installed you can easily interchange them as necessary. I am running the 2" with Techmat. Are you concerned with emissions? If so you may not want to change the head pipe, although it's highly recommended for performance, sound and getting rid of the unwanted heat that the catalytic converter creates. If you can't find the answers to your questions on Fullsac's website just email them and Steve or Sherry will gladly answer them for you.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 08:57:38 AM »

I am looking for better sound but i want to keep OEM exhaust. I am total newbie in the exhaust cores. I found Fullsac power cores. Will the Fullsac power cores fit  2018 CVO RG? I buy just the cores and i change them for stock? Anything else? I am not looking for any power increase,just sound. Is it realy noticable difference? Should i go with 2 or 2.25? I did not find any sound clips with 2018 CVOs.  Can i put the stock cores back - ii mean is it switchable?

Fullsac allows you to retain a 100% stock look.  You can do just the muffler cores, 2.25 like I have with the tech mat and power screens.  You can also do a full exhaust including MX head pipe, still using stock heat shields bike looks 100% stock sounds much better.   

See this link  https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=114509.0
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 01:49:02 AM »

If you are going to switch from one core to another, use some high-temperature anti-seize where the core joins the muffler shell.  That will make it much easier to remove and replace them.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Masar

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 03:47:40 PM »

Thanks ! I want to do just muffler cores,not head pipe and not any remap or tuning. I am thinking about 2" cores with Tech mat blanket kit, i hope i don't have to do any remap and i hope the sound will be much better compare stock.

Actually i did not realize that touring models have cats installed in the head pipe. I just realized it now...This is my first touring. I am coming from softails where the cats are in the mufflers. I know what means to replace mufflers on the softail - big sound improvement since cats are removed as well. So I am just afraid now if there is any difference in sound changing just muffler cores on my RG. I hope i will notice the difference. On the other hand i don't want to be too loud since i still want to enjoy the 900W music :)

Fullsac allows you to retain a 100% stock look.  You can do just the muffler cores, 2.25 like I have with the tech mat and power screens.  You can also do a full exhaust including MX head pipe, still using stock heat shields bike looks 100% stock sounds much better.   

See this link  https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=114509.0

Masar

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 03:49:41 PM »

If you are going to switch from one core to another, use some high-temperature anti-seize where the core joins the muffler shell.  That will make it much easier to remove and replace them.

Thanks, good advice. Basically it means its not so easy to change it. Probably better idea is to stay with one set up.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 09:16:01 PM »

not necessarily.  if you use proper preparation, then you can change easily in just a couple of minutes.  i know folks who do it with the mufflers still on the bike.  take off the end cap, remove the one retaining bolt, slide the old baffle out, new baffle in, tighten bolt, replace end cap.....  easy peasy.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 03:13:05 AM »

^^^^  What skratch said.  The high-temp anti-seize just makes it easier peasier.  (Couldn't resist.)
If you want peace, prepare for war.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 08:10:50 AM »

Thanks ! I want to do just muffler cores,not head pipe and not any remap or tuning. I am thinking about 2" cores with Tech mat blanket kit, i hope i don't have to do any remap and i hope the sound will be much better compare stock.

Actually i did not realize that touring models have cats installed in the head pipe. I just realized it now...This is my first touring. I am coming from softails where the cats are in the mufflers. I know what means to replace mufflers on the softail - big sound improvement since cats are removed as well. So I am just afraid now if there is any difference in sound changing just muffler cores on my RG. I hope i will notice the difference. On the other hand i don't want to be too loud since i still want to enjoy the 900W music :)

If your just doing the cores with the tech mat kit there is no need to remap.  I put 21K on my 17 CVO Street glide with just the 2.25 cores, no head pipe, no map.  Ran great and had no issues.  It is a little louder and a little deeper than stock with the fullsac cores.  The bigger the core the louder.  That said the 2.25 are not real loud and are fine on the interstate.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

wildinjun

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 09:25:45 AM »

I have an 18 CVO Road Glide. I changed out the baffles to the Fulsac 2.25 yesterday. Added a nice tone, not too loud and a little more get-up. I didn't buy the tech mat.

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.