Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Vance and Hines FP3  (Read 3410 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Vance and Hines FP3
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 07:40:13 PM »

The FP3 does come in two versions, one for HDLAN and one for the older SAE J1850 connector that covers 2007 through 2013 Touring models.  As long as the customer orders the right connection type for his particular bike it will work.  The fact that it will fit the bike connection wise still doesn't mean they have maps for your combination however.  As is the case with most companies in this business, the priorities are to develop maps for the newest models first. Considering how many possible equipment combinations are available, developing decent base maps for everything is a big task.  I'd guess if they don't have a map for an older model now, the odds of them getting around to making one are slim to none.

JMHO - Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

dghboy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2010 CVO STREET GLIDE
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 07:59:24 PM »

The FP3 does come in two versions, one for HDLAN and one for the older SAE J1850 connector that covers 2007 through 2013 Touring models.  As long as the customer orders the right connection type for his particular bike it will work.  The fact that it will fit the bike connection wise still doesn't mean they have maps for your combination however.  As is the case with most companies in this business, the priorities are to develop maps for the newest models first. Considering how many possible equipment combinations are available, developing decent base maps for everything is a big task.  I'd guess if they don't have a map for an older model now, the odds of them getting around to making one are slim to none.

JMHO - Jerry
Thanks Jerry. I know I have one on my 2010 CVO and it has different application maps. I don’t understand the confusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ride it like you stole it!!!

wildmannnn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 03:30:13 PM »

I ran into this with my 2018 cvo flhxse  the dealer had sold me the 66007.. before i unwrapped it i looked at the product line at V&H and it was the wrong part The 66005 is the right FP3 for this bike. Clearly stated on the V&H web site . I called the dealer and took it back and they have the right part on order.. Whew..

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 04:06:20 PM »

I ran into this with my 2018 cvo flhxse  the dealer had sold me the 66007.. before i unwrapped it i looked at the product line at V&H and it was the wrong part The 66005 is the right FP3 for this bike. Clearly stated on the V&H web site . I called the dealer and took it back and they have the right part on order.. Whew..

That's a pretty rookie mistake!   I would be wary of that dealer in the future!    Could have stuck you with an expensive piece had you opened it...
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.