Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BST Rims  (Read 1191 times)

HotRodCVO

• IF YOU WANT MORE INCHES, STROKE IT
    • MA

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE
    • CVO2: 1958 FLH "STROKER"
BST Rims
« on: March 13, 2018, 11:18:33 AM »

Is anyone out there running BST rims? I'm looking to lightened the load on the Glide. My buddy @raceglide.com is running them and he rides hard and they're holding up. Thoughts/comments are appreciated!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: BST Rims
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 01:47:41 PM »

I'm not running them, just thought I'd throw out my opinion.  The wheels weigh approximately half the weight of the stock wheels as best I can tell, so changing the two wheels isn't going to lighten the load enough to make a huge difference in straight line performance.  Where it can make a difference is in reducing unsprung weight which helps suspension control and handling.  Very handy on a racing bike, I'm not convinced it's worth over $4k on a touring Harley.  To each his own.

https://brocksperformance.com/front-3-5-x-18-road-glide-09-13-fltr-fltrx/

https://brocksperformance.com/rear-5-5-x-18-touring-2009-up-touring-models-except-cvo/

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

havenolife

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO ROAD KING
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 03:45:51 PM »

WOW that's a bunch of $$$$$$$$ NO THANK YOU SIR. LMFAO

HotRodCVO

• IF YOU WANT MORE INCHES, STROKE IT
    • MA

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE
    • CVO2: 1958 FLH "STROKER"
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 05:58:16 PM »

I appreciate the input... it is a lot of coin.

Ride it like you stole it

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 12:59:07 PM »

Going from Agitator rims to BST's.  Front was an 18 inch off a 2010 street glide and went to a 19.  Both had Commander II's:

Old   39.8
New  30.0

Saved 9.8

Rear was same size and same tire.  Commander II's

Old   52.4
New  40.6

Saved 12.2

All measurements were with brake rotors front and rear.  The rear pulley was not installed for either measurement.  I also went to a different swing arm and saved an additional 11.8lbs.

Expensive?  Depends on how you look at it.  If 5 lbs equals a horsepower and 1 lbs of reciprocating weight equals 5 lbs of stationary.  It's an easier pill to swallow.  I did the whole drive train on my bike.  Rode it for a year.  Then this winter I shaved weight with rims, swing arm , and inverted front end.  Changed it over from street glide to rode glide.  My butt dyno tells me it is faster and when I slow down.  I'll put it back up on the drum and I bet I that dyno shows more power as well.

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.