Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone Running D&D FatCat on 103SE?  (Read 1800 times)

PigRiderCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2006 CVO Ultra Classic
Anyone Running D&D FatCat on 103SE?
« on: April 11, 2018, 09:45:59 AM »

I'd like to know if anyone is running a D&D FatCat on a SE103. I have an 06 CVO Ultra Classic and I'd like to know how the pipe changed the attitude of the bike and what kind of number gains you got. I'm pretty sure it the exhaust that I want but I want to hear some feedback from you guys. I don't trust reviews thanks

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Anyone Running D&D FatCat on 103SE?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 02:12:07 PM »

Cannot answer your specific question but I did have the Fat Cat (with the 'quiet' baffle - yeah, right) on my '07 CVO Ultra with the 110 motor.  It does make good power and performs well.  I cannot locate the dyno chart - thought I had a copy even though the bikes is gone.  If I do find it I'll post it.

Couple things I did not like about the Fat Cat:

At least on the '07 110 is way hot, hot, hot.  The '07s (both the 110 and the 96) were known for being hot running at least as far as the rider and passenger
  feeling it.  Don't think your '06 with the 103" SE would be as hot.

But It will get hot enough just being an exhaust to melt your rain pants on the right leg.  I have a 30" inseam and can flat foot the Ultra just fine but i could
  not stand bow legged enough at stop signs/lights to keep my right leg far enough away from the pipe.  Burned myself a couple times and melted more than
  one rain pant.

It is LOUD.

Hopefully they have re-designed it but I'm convinced the O2 sensor bungs were not positioned correctly and were too long for the sensor tip to be in the
  exhaust stream correctly.  Now your '06 does not have O2 sensors but should you ever decide to upgrade it and use sensors be sure to check this.

Good luck with your choice.  I know lots of folks love the D&Ds but frankly they are way too loud for me, and mama!

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 02:19:42 PM »

Jerry is right. I have scars on the back of my right leg from the burn. My inseam is 28 and I have the rear pipe wrapped under the chrome cover. The problem partly is the curve of the D&D pipe sticks out quite a bit especially if you have short legs. I even have melt burn on my leather pants. Oh and mine is an 07. I think hear they redesigned that rear pipe but not sure. The newer Drago doesn't have the bend.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 02:53:38 PM »

I've had FatCats on bikes.  On my Road Glide and Road King currently and on a prior 103 05 SEEG.  Loved the way pipe runs.  It is a relatively loud pipe.  Honestly louder than I prefer anymore.  The pipes on both of the touring bikes now are old enough (and have gotten even louder as a result)) that they're both probably on their last season.  Not going back with FatCats on either.

I'll do something less loud (probably Supertrapp 2-1 on the Road Glide and duals on the Road King).  Also something less likely to burn the inside of the right lower leg.  Like the others have said it will get you if you aren't a little bow legged.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 02:26:28 PM »

By the time you feel the heat the scorch instantly gets you, all you can do is rub your leg until it cools :'(

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 06:10:23 PM »

I never had a problem with heat on my leg. Maybe my air cleaner sticks out too far. Pipe gets loud with mileage, doesn't bother me. I still can hear my radio OK.
Great quality. well built pipe, easy install. No complaints here.  :)
John

pudgeyxj

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: 2013 CVO R/K
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 07:37:55 PM »

I have one on my 110 and absolutely love it. It is the quiet baffle.....but it's not at ALL quiet. But I love the sound, and never had a burning problem...well anymore than with my Rhineharts. Note to self......put bike away before changing into shorts

Paul
2013 CVO RoadKing

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 11:58:34 AM »

I have one on my 110 and absolutely love it. It is the quiet baffle.....but it's not at ALL quiet. But I love the sound, and never had a burning problem...well anymore than with my Rhineharts. Note to self......put bike away before changing into shorts

Paul
I found out that the hard way too... Was washing/detailing the bike in shorts... got finished, started the bike up to put it away and while getting it in, moving it around inside of my thigh touched the pipe... by the time I knew I was getting burned I could swear I was smelling burning flesh too. Ouch!!!

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 12:03:55 PM »

When I had work done on my '06 103 Ultra, Jim at Metal Dragon told me to go with SuperTrapp 2-1 Supermeg. Performance is equal to the FatCat but quieter. It also tucks in tighter for my short legs.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 01:20:30 PM »

I found out that the hard way too... Was washing/detailing the bike in shorts... got finished, started the bike up to put it away and while getting it in, moving it around inside of my thigh touched the pipe... by the time I knew I was getting burned I could swear I was smelling burning flesh too. Ouch!!!

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
That is exactly what I was talking about. Once you feel the burn it really comes on :o

PigRiderCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2006 CVO Ultra Classic
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 09:32:49 AM »

I'm 6'4" with a 36" inseam so I hope I won't have a problem with the heat lol. What about hp and tq gains? Seat of the pants pull?

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 10:09:58 AM »

I'd like to know if anyone is running a D&D FatCat on a SE103. I have an 06 CVO Ultra Classic and I'd like to know how the pipe changed the attitude of the bike and what kind of number gains you got. I'm pretty sure it the exhaust that I want but I want to hear some feedback from you guys. I don't trust reviews thanks

I have a nice set hanging in my basement if you are interested?
Chrome is good.
The pipes were ceramic coated silver, inside and out - before they went to the new composition that doesn't look as good once heated. Pipes look good even without hte chorme shields.
Also has O2 bungs.

Were on my 2005 103.

Never was dyno'ed. Different sound to them. On my bike I equated to being similar to a worked 5.0 mustang.
Heat was a problem, but mostly for my wife as a passenger. My air cleaner also sticks out more then normal, so that give me some extra clearance on the right.

Putting 2-1 on also required the extra expense of a chrome rear sprocket  :-\
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.