Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Discount ESP in Canada  (Read 1319 times)

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO
Discount ESP in Canada
« on: May 22, 2018, 08:50:07 PM »

Hello everyone, I just bought a pre-owned 2012 Flhxse3.  The bike is completely stock right down to the exhaust, no mods.  It is incredibly clean and has really low mileage.  I wanted to ask about Discount ESP/Warranty.  From what I understand there is an inspection sheet to be filled out by the dealer, then you send it off to Discount ESP, if everything is ok, you are eligible to purchase the warranty for your used bike.  I believe the gentleman who runs it is Jim Palmer ?  Thought I saw his name in some searches I did.  I also saw something about Cornerstone ?  and CNA ?  Sorry to be clued out here, I'm just a little confused.  Are all these companies one organization ?   I've read good things about Discount ESP, and the incredible pricing differences between them and the HD dealerships.  I'm just a little concered about being in Canada, and purchasing this plan,  and then the local dealer giving me grief or a hard time when it comes time that I need it.  Please,  if they're is anyone here that has used them for the Extended warranty, if you're in Canada or U.S. I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Discount ESP in Canada
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 09:38:23 PM »

yes, the gentleman is jim palmer.  cna is the underwriter for the hd esp.  cornerstone was the new company that jim is selling esp for.  i believe there is even a newer one than cornerstone.  to get exact answers to your questions, contact jim.  we'd just be guessing.

I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 05:35:44 AM »

Thanks very much Skratch;  for clearing that up for me.  I will give him a shout...
Much appreciated.

donk_316

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

• CVO1: FXSE
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 03:42:36 PM »

Man, as a Canadian I would petrified trying to use anything but the HD ESP here. They have you over the barrel for everything and can make life hard.

I went with the HD warranty just for simplicity sake

joe98

• Junior CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 05:29:01 PM »

Man, as a Canadian I would petrified trying to use anything but the HD ESP here. They have you over the barrel for everything and can make life hard.

I went with the HD warranty just for simplicity sake

Yup, I hear ya bro.  With the way the exchange rate is right now on our Canadian dollar, might not even be worth it.  Yes, the dealers up here can be very difficult to deal with.

Thanks for your reply.

Joe

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.