Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 4.5" SE Street Cannons - Best Sounding Mufflers ever for my Aging Ears  (Read 1407 times)

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens

Purchased a SE High-Flow Exhaust System with Nightstick Mufflers for my 2015 FLTRUSE two years ago, perhaps not the best choice for changing mufflers down the road as the muffler inlets must be 2.25" :nixweiss:. Either my ears have grown more sensitive or the Nightsticks have grown louder and more raspy, so I wanted something more mellow. Unfortunately I'm stuck with 2.25" muffler inlet options which no after-market vendor offers and although 4" Street Cannons are the only Twin Cam choice these days for the 2.25" High-Flow Exhaust System, they're not offered separately :(.

Enter LADY LUCK!!! Stumbled across a set of near new 4.5" Street Cannons on eBay which apparently were take-offs from a SE High-Flow Exhaust System for the M8 (2018 P&A). Incredibly, each muffler has the 2.25" diameter inlet required to fit my header pipes! And with my High-Flow header pipes, this is the best sounding exhaust system I've ever experienced :). The large diameter mufflers produce a very satisfying deep Harley rumble at low throttle and a nice throaty sound under acceleration, even with the cats in the mufflers. I've gotta highly recommend the SE High-Flow Exhaust System for a really nice combination of sound and performance …...at least for seniors like me :2vrolijk_21:! Riding is more fun again :huepfenjump3:!!!!!!!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800

I can't hear your pipes from here,  ::)  but they sure look nice.  :2vrolijk_21:

AND BTW, those SE badges on the bags look awesome!

Nice going.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)

Purchased a SE High-Flow Exhaust System with Nightstick Mufflers for my 2015 FLTRUSE two years ago, perhaps not the best choice for changing mufflers down the road as the muffler inlets must be 2.25" :nixweiss:. Either my ears have grown more sensitive or the Nightsticks have grown louder and more raspy, so I wanted something more mellow. Unfortunately I'm stuck with 2.25" muffler inlet options which no after-market vendor offers and although 4" Street Cannons are the only Twin Cam choice these days for the 2.25" High-Flow Exhaust System, they're not offered separately :(.

Enter LADY LUCK!!! Stumbled across a set of near new 4.5" Street Cannons on eBay which apparently were take-offs from a SE High-Flow Exhaust System for the M8 (2018 P&A). Incredibly, each muffler has the 2.25" diameter inlet required to fit my header pipes! And with my High-Flow header pipes, this is the best sounding exhaust system I've ever experienced :). The large diameter mufflers produce a very satisfying deep Harley rumble at low throttle and a nice throaty sound under acceleration, even with the cats in the mufflers. I've gotta highly recommend the SE High-Flow Exhaust System for a really nice combination of sound and performance …...at least for seniors like me :2vrolijk_21:! Riding is more fun again :huepfenjump3:!!!!!!!

I have the same SE Street Cannons with the same tips as you on my 2017 CVO Limited. I fully agree with your assessment and I also really like the look with the same tips you have. Excellent deep low rumble but far quieter than my D&D Fatcat on my other bike. I’ve come to really enjoy the sound of the Street Cannons even though they are quieter than prior exhausts I’ve run. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:35:07 PM by Heatwave »

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.