Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: HELP! SERK Needs Different Handlebars  (Read 12327 times)

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
Re: HELP! SERK Needs Different Handlebars
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 11:47:14 AM »

I'll let you know. not sure if 1 1/2 will look good either . i will send pictures when I get the bars .
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 10:42:58 PM »

Has anyone used, or familiar with HD P/N 56832-04 Fat Mini-Ape Handlebar? Why do they claim they don't work with hydraulic clutches? These bars look perfect and I might be able to retain the stock cables and lines. I'd probably be able to use my risers too. HD claims a lot of stuff doesn't fit our bikes, when it does fit. What's up with these bars? Thanks. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 12:40:25 PM »

Has anyone used, or familiar with HD P/N 56832-04 Fat Mini-Ape Handlebar? Why do they claim they don't work with hydraulic clutches? These bars look perfect and I might be able to retain the stock cables and lines. I'd probably be able to use my risers too. HD claims a lot of stuff doesn't fit our bikes, when it does fit. What's up with these bars? Thanks. Hoist! 8)

Hi Howie - not too sure either why these wouldn't work. The centre knurls are certainly half an inch less in spacing, but I'm not too sure about the reasoning behind the hydraulic clutch not working. All cabling would have to be re-done by the look of it and the bars need risers too.

Happy searching.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 01:04:48 PM »

Hoist, if you go with thick (1.5") bars, make sure they have clearance for your hydraulic clutch master cylinder.....
Don't ask me how I know this.  >:(

Brad

Hoist, The fat handlebar must be “dimpled” for clearance to be used with the hydraulic clutch reservoir.

djkak

Billy

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2007 SERK
    • CVO2: 2014 SERK
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 06:43:03 PM »

Hoist I also looked at that bar. No room for Hydraulic clutch. That is why it is so hard to find new bars. Billy
2014 SERK Tribal Orange Wild one 501 apes Powder coated gloss black, Mustang Seat with backrest, King tour pack with smoked lights, LED aux lights, CD Dynamic front ringz, CD custom license plate with LED turns and brake light, Zumo 660 mounted on bar, Klock Werks 17 inch Flare windshield, Saddle bag guards, Added LED turn indicators in handle bar cover, Engine guard foot pegs

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 06:52:23 PM »

Save yourself all of this BS, PM hd-dude, ask for his phone number, call him , discuss what you want, get a nice discount and he'll ship you everything you need in one box. Then all you need to do is the wiring thing (that's what I've got my brother Beagle for) and you're good to go.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 08:33:02 PM »

Save yourself all of this BS, PM hd-dude, ask for his phone number, call him , discuss what you want, get a nice discount and he'll ship you everything you need in one box. Then all you need to do is the wiring thing (that's what I've got my brother Beagle for) and you're good to go.

What he said... :2vrolijk_21:

Jim's (hd-dude) either done it, or knows what you'll need to get it done.  You'll almost surely need a new brake line, which means changing the entire thing out, as the stock is a one piece deal.  Wild 1 Chubby's are quality items... :2vrolijk_21:

No need fretting when expertise and a nice discount is a PM away!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ROADROD

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 street glide
    • CVO2: 2006 v-rod yellow
    • CVO3: 2003 silver/black harley truck
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 03:40:25 PM »

hoist..had a similar problem to yours when i bought mine..its my first touring bike..i have had several softails mostly with dragbars.i could not get used to sitting straight up..i ended up putting the harley street slammer bars on mine.these put me leaned a little forward..i also bought a corbin young gun seat which moves you back on the bike a little bit..i can now ride it all day although on long rides i use the stock seat.that corbin is kind of hard..these bars use the stock cables...these bars are not for everyone because they change the looks of the bike so much..but they worked good for me..

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 04:40:57 PM »

hoist..had a similar problem to yours when i bought mine..its my first touring bike..i have had several softails mostly with dragbars.i could not get used to sitting straight up..i ended up putting the harley street slammer bars on mine.these put me leaned a little forward..i also bought a corbin young gun seat which moves you back on the bike a little bit..i can now ride it all day although on long rides i use the stock seat.that corbin is kind of hard..these bars use the stock cables...these bars are not for everyone because they change the looks of the bike so much..but they worked good for me..

Thanks for the response KINGROD. I don't think we've spoken before, so it's nice to hear from you. Everyone likes different riding positions. I guess that's why they make so many different bars. I think I'm resolved to replacing cables and brakeline, as I like the higher, mini-Choppa type riding style. I think WO will have a set that works for me.

BTW, what'd you ever do about the heat? 260 deg is a little to high for my comfort level. I did a PC,TD's and perf. mufflers. The bike's never gotton above 210 deg even in traffic. Outside temp. never been above 60 yet, but I'm confident that the correct AFR took care of this, and the bike should be the same as any normal Harley now. ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ROADROD

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 street glide
    • CVO2: 2006 v-rod yellow
    • CVO3: 2003 silver/black harley truck
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 07:26:47 PM »

hoist..on the heat.i think i am alright..i have the td and the oval mufflers with pc3..the 260 i seen was down in savannah..last summer..94 degrees out and i was stuck in construction traffic...it normally runs between 205 and 225 ..

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 07:39:04 PM »

hoist..on the heat.i think i am alright..i have the td and the oval mufflers with pc3..the 260 i seen was down in savannah..last summer..94 degrees out and i was stuck in construction traffic...it normally runs between 205 and 225 ..

That's the temp I would expect. I guess traffic like that, it's time to split lanes! If you get a chance, throw some pics up. I'd like to check it out. Are you going to Hot Springs in Sept? Hey, great idea, how many SERK's can we get together? ;) Hoist! 8)

Mikey

• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2007, 07:48:01 PM »

These are the Wild One WO502. Stock throttle cables splice brake and clutch lines. They feel better than they look.
Mike
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg

Mikey

• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2007, 07:50:36 PM »

another veiw
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2007, 07:51:31 PM »

These are the Wild One WO502. Stock throttle cables splice brake and clutch lines. They feel better than they look.
Mike

Mike, those are the 12.5's right? And the stock throttle/idle cables worked? How about the wiring, did that extend far enough? I was hoping the 515 or at least the 513's wouldn't require much change. Thanks. Hoist! 8)

Thanks for those pics. I like them. I'm thinking the 10" ones (515) for me. Hows the reach on them?

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 07:52:48 PM »

Hey they look great Mikey. Hey I have the Air operated front tire chock for that snap on lift if ya need... :nixweiss:
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries.