Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: heat shield  (Read 1393 times)

jdwayne

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
heat shield
« on: November 24, 2004, 06:32:20 PM »

would like to know if there is a heat shield that is longer the the stock to cover the burn spot by the right passanger floor board. ( the area of exhaust where the rear pipe and the  front come together.) if any one knows who or where please let me know . i have an 04 with 16,010 miles on her, and it is starting to discolor preaty bad. thanks

J.d.wayne.         [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
Re: heat shield
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 07:05:55 PM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 10:05:54 PM »

JD, if you're wanting one of those heat shields let me know.  I've got one that lived on my bike for about two weeks.  If Harley is asking $80.00 for theirs I'll fix you up for half that and cover the postage to get it to you.

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 11:57:26 AM »

If JD passes up that deal I'll take it :)   Email me at mochrome@bellsouth.net

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 08:28:02 AM »

I have one as well if anyone is interested.  Went with freedom pipes so won't be needing it.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

jdwayne

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 10:13:40 AM »

THANKS FOR THE INFO. BUT MAYBE IM READING THIS WRONG. THE ATTACHED SITE FROM MOCROME SHOWES THE FRONT PIPE COVER, IM ASKING FOR INFO ON THE REAR COVER BY THE PASSANGER FLOORBOARD WHERE THE REAR PIPE AND THE FRONT MEET. THERE IS ABOUT 3 INCHES OF PIPE EXPOSED BY THE PASSANGER FLOOR BOARD ( RIGHT SIDE) any ideas let me know. once again thanks and ride smart. [smiley=bigok.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

starvin

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 10:50:46 AM »

hey JD I just went into the garage and looked at my bike (04) and that rear pipe shield goes all the way down. There's maybe a quarter to a half inch of the exhaust pipe exposed on each end. I would have posted a picture but my digital camera broke.

jdwayne

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 11:18:14 AM »

thanks for the reply. i should do a better on discribing things. The area in question is not on the down tube from the rear cylinder but where the heat shield ends just before the exhaust begins. (right side) I measured this space and it is 3". what started me on this quest for a heat shield to cover that area happen when i was in sturgis this year. I was at the convention center and while looking at the 05 standard on steroids (screamin) i noticed that  section of heat shield was longer then the 04's. I asked the h.d rep. and he said that  was all ready availabe for 96 and later fl modles. when I returned to Dallas I asked my local dealer if he would order this heat shield for me. of course he said that he had never heard of that. bout ready to give up. thanks, J.D. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]    

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.