Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Immigration  (Read 7694 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Immigration
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 09:49:30 AM »

WOW Brian!

No wonder you can afford all those toys!

$3,300.00 for a bath WOW

I pay $485.00 per fixture all day long.

Tub, toilet, dbl. vanity that's four fixtures X 485 ='s $1940.00

Even throwing in a shower brings the total to $2,425.00!

$3,300.00 for a bath WOW! If I could get that, then maybe Nancy could get a new pair of shoes.

And to get back on topic,,,,, I pay the same in Charlotte, Charleston, Summerville, Gastonia, Kannapolis to 5 different plumbers and I can assure you their guys do have valid green cards. I know because we check!

$3,300.00 just think how much horsepower I could get after I got Nancy some shoes. :o

:2vrolijk_21:

Do both at the same time?

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

hogasm

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 09:51:34 AM »

The guys here are getting $750 per fixture.

Chip a 2 bath house has 12 fixtures @ 485 = 5820
                                  12 fixtures @ 750 = 9000
By billing per bath I get 6600 for the same house

Your plumbers must be working by volume and not quality, and that is how they make their money.
An old timer said to me once and it stuck with me "why work 7 days a week when you can make the same by working 4 days a week. Make that man feel like he is your only builder, treat him with respect and he will keep you busy"

Has worked for me for 25 years. Only problem all my old builders have made their money and retired, so I have to look for new ones.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 11:45:12 AM »

Reminds me of a friend who worked three days a week for a local power company. I asked him, WHY are you working three days a week. his reply was, Because I can't by working two days a week. Hard to argue with.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 01:20:57 PM »

The guys here are getting $750 per fixture.

Chip a 2 bath house has 12 fixtures @ 485 = 5820
                                  12 fixtures @ 750 = 9000
By billing per bath I get 6600 for the same house

Your plumbers must be working by volume and not quality, and that is how they make their money.
An old timer said to me once and it stuck with me "why work 7 days a week when you can make the same by working 4 days a week. Make that man feel like he is your only builder, treat him with respect and he will keep you busy"

Has worked for me for 25 years. Only problem all my old builders have made their money and retired, so I have to look for new ones.

Brian

Clearly we are not comparing apples to apples.

Standard two bath house for me is,
Hall bath 3 fixtures (tub toilet vanity 3 fixtures)
Master bath (same plus adding shower and extra vanity 5 fixtures)
Kitchen (sink 1 fixture)
Water heater  (1 fixture)
Washer connection (1 fixture)
Total 11
11 X 485 ='s 5,335.00

As far as volume versus quality, those are two different things.  I set the benchmark of expectation as to the level of quality that's produced. Once that's determined and achieved then production can ramp up to meet the #'s goal!
You make money thru production. You make adult money thru quality production.
There is no glory in building houses and I don't need the practice. It's all about delivering a quality product for a fair price. If you do that then the adult money will come!

Good luck!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 01:50:16 PM »

Yea, you can get theres guys cheap, but it's really bad for both them and us. They are living substandard, when one gets hurt working here, they have no way to get medical help, unless you and I pay for it. They make so little, if they get a car, most have no insurance, so when they hit you, your hurt, your cars wrecked, and you instance goes up because the companies have to recoup their money from some where else. Many illegals are good people, but many are also criminals, costing us more in security, courts, law enforcement, and jail cells to hold them. You think that your getting a deal with the cheap labor, but if you figure in all the added expenses of illegal aliens, it's no bargain! 
I have no problem with people coming into the country legal and taking these jobs, I don't want anyone from anywhere here illegally! they are breaking the law, and now they want to bend over backwards and allow them to stay, while thousands of people apply for citizenship in a legal manner and wait to become Americans, BS.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 02:08:21 PM »

the native american had no concern about immigration control.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 02:09:55 PM »

Yea, look what that got them! The big shaft, and still getting it!!!!

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2007, 04:56:45 PM »

I will throw my .02 into this pile.  I'm sure that some of the repair work (reroof) and concrete garage floor I had done was done by companies using illegals.  The roof was done almost 5 years ago.  It still leaks.  The garage floor was done about 4 yrs ago, it's 3/4 inch low in one corner.  Unfortunately neither job was done by the "low bidder".  I'm more than willing and always do look for the best quality my money can buy.  The roofers not only did a crappy job on the roof, they ate out of my garden and off my fruit trees.  I can fix (and have been) their leaks.  But the garage floor is a whole nother problem.  No way to easily/economically fix it.

The other side of the coin- I have to provide healthcare to many of these folks daily.  It chaps my ass everytime one comes in.  No respect for anybody or anything but themselves.  My taxes are giving them a free ride while I have to bust chops to make a living.

Only four words to say-

GET THE HELL OUT!!!!

Join the minuteman and carry live ammo.
 :soapbox:
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2007, 07:09:26 AM »

the native american had no concern about immigration control.

TN

Excellent support statement for immigration control now, when referring to the orignal natives here.

As a native American myself, this term has more to do with birthplace instead of length of residence on my ancestors in this country. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

hogasm

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2007, 07:16:10 PM »

Brian

Clearly we are not comparing apples to apples.

Standard two bath house for me is,
Hall bath 3 fixtures (tub toilet vanity 3 fixtures)
Master bath (same plus adding shower and extra vanity 5 fixtures)
Kitchen (sink 1 fixture)
Water heater  (1 fixture)
Washer connection (1 fixture)
Total 11
11 X 485 ='s 5,335.00

Good luck!

Chip, everyone around here also includes as 1 more fixture, dishwasher, ice maker and 2 hose bibs. On the beach here most all houses get an outside shower.
Not exactly apples to apples but real close.

This weekend I checked into prices at a national plumbing supply house and prices in Raleigh were 15-20% cheaper in the city than here on the island.

charlie

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2007, 07:41:54 PM »

I to am in the construction business and have been for years,i put in about 700 kitchens and baths a year,all with American workers, and they do the jobs that bush says Americans wont do (by the way i did vote for bush 2 times)his immigration policy sucks, but being a vet i like his forion policy.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2007, 09:57:11 PM »

My problem with the whole issue is the "ILLEGAL". I give a rats ass how much anybody pays for labor, whether it is cheap, cost effective, or not. If you want to provide the service, etc., then ante up the f-ing pay for those that do it legally, and if that does not suit you...move your ass and bussiness to where the cheap labor is coming from.

SOKOOL, out!!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2007, 04:41:25 PM »

Binx just forwarded this to me. It's by George Carlin and sure makes sense to me. It will definitely help with a multitude of issues!

George Carlin's Solution to Save Gasoline:

Bush wants us to cut the amount of gas we use. The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 11 million illegal immigrants! That would be 11 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down. Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the border. When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Iraq. Tell him if he wants to come to America then he must serve a tour in the military. Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it. After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country. He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal patriot. This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves. If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo. Problem solved.

Where do I vote for this strategy? ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

REGGAB

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2007, 04:46:40 PM »

Binx just forwarded this to me. It's by George Carlin and sure makes sense to me. It will definitely help with a multitude of issues!

George Carlin's Solution to Save Gasoline:

Bush wants us to cut the amount of gas we use. The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 11 million illegal immigrants! That would be 11 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down. Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the border. When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Iraq. Tell him if he wants to come to America then he must serve a tour in the military. Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it. After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country. He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal patriot. This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves. If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo. Problem solved.

Where do I vote for this strategy? ;)

Hoist! 8)

Man, that's good........very good.  Carlin always has some great suggestions.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2007, 06:00:55 PM »

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.