Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: SERT and 110in Map. Can some on post a picture of the SERT AFR TABLE  (Read 7306 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: SERT and 110in Map. Can some on post a picture of the SERT AFR TABLE
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 04:59:21 PM »

Oh crap, I better start payin attention now that I found out my motor's not blown, but I'll need a SERT to get rid of the ACR's in my motor, that shorted out and blew out of the rear head. Another weak HD design, causing another motor failure. My build was sound and the last weak HD part will be removed. Manual ACR's going in and the SERT will allow the engine to run with them disconnected.

Shovelhead Bob, do I have this right? Will I only need to turn the ACR's off thru the SERT to operate this motor with Manual CR's? I just would like to make sure I didn't miss anything in the repair I'm making and getting rid of the ACR's. Thank you for any assistance you can furnish! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 05:39:14 PM »

Shovelhead Bob

I'm new to this stuff and want to learn so when I'm talking with my tuner I'm not just shaking my head but don't know what the F%#k we're talking about.

What SERT map should I use for my 08 SERK when the SERT's finally get here? I'll be running RH True Duals and HD Heavy Breather A/C. By the way what is your opinion of this A/C? Is there an A/C for the 08's that allows the use of the stock cover?

What is a Twinscam II?

Hoist brings up a good point, do I want to eliminate the ACR's? Is this showing to be a weakness for the 110?

TIA  :2vrolijk_21:

JW

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 06:45:07 PM »

Shovelhead Bob

I'm new to this stuff and want to learn so when I'm talking with my tuner I'm not just shaking my head but don't know what the F%#k we're talking about.

What SERT map should I use for my 08 SERK when the SERT's finally get here? I'll be running RH True Duals and HD Heavy Breather A/C. By the way what is your opinion of this A/C? Is there an A/C for the 08's that allows the use of the stock cover?

What is a Twinscam II?

Hoist brings up a good point, do I want to eliminate the ACR's? Is this showing to be a weakness for the 110?

JW

JW,

No, and Yes.  With the stock cams, your cranking compression is too high without the ACR's and will likely cause starter issues/starting issues.  And it definitely looks like the Harley version of compression releases is just one more "not ready for prime time" part, along with the cranks, cylinders, head gaskets, etc.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 06:51:04 PM »

Shovelhead Bob

What is a Twinscam II?

JW

JW...you can't just eliminate them without doing something to replace them, which means a lot more work than you may be prepared to do on a brand new motor.

As fas as using your stock cover for the A/C...the SERK should already have the high flow backplate and filter.  The filter is a POS, so just replace it with a K&N 0800 and that should be good to go if you want to keep the cover you have.  I cannot speak about the Heavy Breather...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Shovelhead Bob

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 07:41:35 PM »

Shovelhead bob,

Why would I be pizzed?  I am not beyond learning something especially if the information given to me was faulty.   Although I don't know you from adam, so I will take in the data given verify it and go on from there.

You not liking the map there is nothing I can do about that, except answer your questions.  I would hope if you have better you would help Ozz out since this is your primary job.   

The person explaining this to me was not the same person that did the map your commenting on.  In referencing dyno tuning methods, you are picking apart that Jim Vangundee said  up to 40% for sweeps and you say up to 30% for sweeps.    I can only go by what I have seen and been shown, so I will note your advice for future reference and try and verify it with Matt Grosch since he seems to be recognized as an expert and a good teacher from the people I have talked with.  "Mr. Gross" and I have a history..... You tune the way that he tunes..... Fine...

How are you "Targeting" a 13 AFR and "Quantifying" your VE Changes??

You set the AFR to 13 across the board then make your runs and print it out or look at it on the screen or if you have 2 computers it will make it easier to make changes to your VE's.   Then after you make your changes to the VE you make another run and verify with the sniffer if the changes made bring you to your target if not repeat.  You TALK the TALK, but that map that you posted don't walk.....

I also double check it with my twinscan II to verify the VE's are correct by using target afr command and the other tools that come within the program from Chris at Twin Tec.

When we did the steps we used the 2nd computer running in data mode to verify throttle position while using the throttle lock purchased through Dynojet to hold the throttle at X percentage.  After the VE's were set we set the closed loop bias tables.  What you have described DOES NOT jive with what was posted above.... No Way, No How... You have only made a few changes to the VE's, and they were the EXACT same.... That is a THROTTLE WHACKERS map..... And a bad one at that...

I am not familiar with the acronym DAFR, but the decell table was zerod out.   If you have other advice or comments that might be helpful please email me at cvoseeg@bellsouth.net.

Here is a map that I use as a Baseline/Entry level CVO motor, SEAC, Reinhart TD's, and an unnamed cam... The Spark tables and the 15% TP have been cleared so no one can use it as I am posting it... Unless of course you are willing to put the time to Dyno it....

The way that you described "How" to use a SERT and to acquire the correct AFR is correct, but that is NOT the way that a certain company teaches... I was taught by Dynojet and HDU... Stick with what you got going.... Someone else will buy into it....

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 08:04:55 PM by Shovelhead Bob »

Shovelhead Bob

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 07:46:23 PM »

Oh crap, I better start payin attention now that I found out my motor's not blown, but I'll need a SERT to get rid of the ACR's in my motor, that shorted out and blew out of the rear head. Another weak HD design, causing another motor failure. My build was sound and the last weak HD part will be removed. Manual ACR's going in and the SERT will allow the engine to run with them disconnected.

Shovelhead Bob, do I have this right? Will I only need to turn the ACR's off thru the SERT to operate this motor with Manual CR's? I just would like to make sure I didn't miss anything in the repair I'm making and getting rid of the ACR's. Thank you for any assistance you can furnish! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Yes, the SERT is currently the only EFI management unit that can enable/disable the ACR's..... You are going with manuals??? Good choice.... Learn to use ONLY the rear one, as if you are using BOTH, it takes a bit to crank it to get it to catch.... CKP (Crank Position Sensor) Needs a bit of resistance to generate the signal for the coil, and it really does work, even on an 11:1 motor.... Try it out....
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 08:14:12 PM by Shovelhead Bob »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 07:53:54 PM »

Yes, the SERT is currently the only EFI management unit that can enable/disable the ACR's..... You are going with manuals??? Good choice.... Learn to use ONLY the rear one, as if you are using BOTH, it takes a bit to crank it to get it to catch.... CKP (Crank Position Sensor) Neds a bit of resistance to generate the signal for the coil, and it really does work, even on an 11:1 motor.... Try it out....

Thanks so much SB! I'm having them installed in both heads, and thermal coating them and the pistons while I'm at it! I'll try as you suggest, but am having them installed in both heads anyway. Just ordered SERT from Zanottis. Rev H. I think that's the latest, as I believe Rev J isn't out yet. I shouldn't need Rev J for anything on an '07 SERK, should I? Thanks again man! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Shovelhead Bob

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 07:54:46 PM »

Shovelhead Bob

What SERT map should I use for my 08 SERK when the SERT's finally get here? Dunno, haven't seen the new software yet... Waiting on my new disc as I type....

I'll be running RH True Duals and HD Heavy Breather A/C. By the way what is your opinion of this A/C? Is there an A/C for the 08's that allows the use of the stock cover? Heavy Breather is a nice piece.... Just a velocity stack with a K&N Cone filter... It deletes about 1 AFR, so any map that you do end up using will be skinnier (Leaner) that a conventional map.... Stock cover is only operational with the SEAC Round, K&N 0800 (My choice), AN round...

What is a Twinscam II? Twinscan II is a device for those that do not have accessibility to a load controlled Dyno, the only limitation is that it DOES NOT show Spark Knock under load like the DATA MODE inSERT does while on the Dyno....

Hoist brings up a good point, do I want to eliminate the ACR's? Is this showing to be a weakness for the 110? There are so many mods that can reinforce the motor, but the ACR's are not what I would consider a weak link...

JW

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 08:24:32 PM »

Hmmmmm

This is turning into a three bagger!

:vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11: :vrolijk_11:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

hogasm

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 08:38:36 PM »

Here is a map that I use as a Baseline/Entry level CVO motor, SEAC, Reinhart TD's, and an unnamed cam... The Spark tables and the 15% TP have been cleared so no one can use it as I am posting it... Unless of course you are willing to put the time to Dyno it....

The way that you described "How" to use a SERT and to acquire the correct AFR is correct, but that is NOT the way that a certain company teaches... I was taught by Dynojet and HDU... Stick with what you got going.... Someone else will buy into it....

So you still haven't answered the question that was listed at the top of the page. Do you have a map for this mans motor that will work for his motor while he awaits time to get to a dyno man?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 08:53:10 PM »

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Thanks SB, I am pickin some of it up...Had to but a laptop pc to load the disc on, been perusing about.
Keep this thread going please...

Miker 

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 09:39:24 PM »

Shovelhead

Do you recommend / advise anyone with a 110 motor to replace the ACR's with manuals?

JW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007, 09:46:42 PM »

Shovelhead

Do you recommend / advise anyone with a 110 motor to replace the ACR's with manuals?

JW

With the damage I saw they can cause, including potentially locking up your motor and sending you flying at 90, I DO!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Shovelhead Bob

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 10:13:40 PM »

So you still haven't answered the question that was listed at the top of the page. Do you have a map for this mans motor that will work for his motor while he awaits time to get to a dyno man?

CVO 110, Shotgun/Shorty Duals, Race map, CLB maxed out, 6200 RPM.... That is a starter... It'll get it to the Dyno

I don't, nor CAN I, in good conscience give a map out that someone else paid for.... No 2 builds or set-ups are the same......

Most members refer to Dealer Techs as inconsiderate Wrench Turners that have little or no education, and they lack integrity when it comes to the service of their "Prized Possession".... I am not that way....

The maps that I have were paid for by others, by giving me the priviledge to tune their bike, and entrusting me to do the most on my part... I look at it as a PROPRIETARY issue.... Not like some others, who are willing to make a buck off of others work....

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 10:28:13 PM »

Shovelhead bob,

Well I am glad you agree with the way they showed me how to tune the bikes other than the fact that he said 40 percent and you say 30 percent on steps, although I will still check on it.   As far as the map goes I didnt have anything to do with the map other than to get it from a friend for Ozz and post it here.    There is probably a lesson here, but since it was run in my friends bike and a paid for map that he had no complaints on I figured helping a site member was worth asking for the map and my friend didnt mind sharing the map.   While I respect your position of going through the map and hindsight being 20/20 I probably should have taken a look at it, but I had no reason to even think it wasn't a decent map as well as it was supposed to be a short term fix till he had a dyno done and it was an exact match for the hardware.

You're stuck on the idea that I made the map I guess, but you can ask Rhino (Ron) he paid for that map and it was done by Bragging Rights. :nixweiss:

There are several people on this site that have ridden my bikes that I have tuned, Hogasm, AJ, GettinOld and they can tell you how well my bikes run and how smooth they are.

Wow a 3 bagger, hope it was educational and entertaining.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 10:29:47 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 21 queries.