Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: SERT and 110in Map. Can some on post a picture of the SERT AFR TABLE  (Read 7303 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: SERT and 110in Map. Can some on post a picture of the SERT AFR TABLE
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2007, 10:53:57 PM »

CVO 110, Shotgun/Shorty Duals, Race map, CLB maxed out, 6200 RPM.... That is a starter... It'll get it to the Dyno

I don't, nor CAN I, in good conscience give a map out that someone else paid for.... No 2 builds or set-ups are the same......

Most members refer to Dealer Techs as inconsiderate Wrench Turners that have little or no education, and they lack integrity when it comes to the service of their "Prized Possession".... I am not that way....

The maps that I have were paid for by others, by giving me the priviledge to tune their bike, and entrusting me to do the most on my part... I look at it as a PROPRIETARY issue.... Not like some others, who are willing to make a buck off of others work....

SB

Thanks for your candor on this issue!
I agree completely with you.
If someone ask for help and you agree to help then there comes certain responsibility in the transference of that information. In more simple terms for me it's like running out of gas and asking for help. What good does it do to get diesel fuel for a gas motor and then stating that "I didn't have anything to do with the fuel, I just delivered it"

That's why when I read the information posted on this site I check it out before I use it!

Your post have been very helpful and I appreciate them and hope for more!

SB
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 10:57:10 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2007, 10:56:55 PM »

SB

Thanks for your candor on this issue!
I agree completely with you.
If someone ask for help and you agree to help then there comes certain responsibility in the transference of that information. In more simple terms for me it's like running out of gas and asking for help. What good does it do to get diesel fuel for a gas motor and then stating that "I didn't have anything to do with the fuel, I just delivered it"

That's why when I read the information posted on this site I thouroughly check it out before I use it!

Your post have been very helpful and I appreciate them and hope for more!

SB

Uh-oh, I think Chip's losing it! He's talking to himself now! :nixweiss: ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Shovelhead Bob

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2007, 11:52:17 PM »

Shovelhead bob,

Well I am glad you agree with the way they showed me how to tune the bikes other than the fact that he said 40 percent and you say 30 percent on steps, although I will still check on it.   As far as the map goes I didnt have anything to do with the map other than to get it from a friend for Ozz and post it here. You posted it... In my eyes, as a PHD Master Tech, that constitutes that it is a map that is GTG... Install, Turn and Burn..... Me, there is no way I could look at the customer, let alone myself in good conscience, to allow that to be installed into a bike..   There is probably a lesson here, but since it was run in my friends bike and a paid for map that he had no complaints on I figured helping a site member was worth asking for the map and my friend didnt mind sharing the map.   The original "Tuner" (Pretty loose term nowadays), needs his azz kicked in hard...While I respect your position of going through the map and hindsight being 20/20 I probably should have taken a look at it, but I had no reason to even think it wasn't a decent map as well as it was supposed to be a short term fix till he had a dyno done and it was an exact match for the hardware.

You're stuck on the idea that I made the map I guess, but you can ask Rhino (Ron) he paid for that map and it was done by Bragging Rights. :nixweiss: Show me 1 post that I said that YOU made that map..... In my original query, it was asking questions about WHO made it, and what the rationale of the changes, or really the LACK thereof.... In the immortal words of Cuba Gooding Jr. in Jerry Maguire..... Show Me The Money!!!! Or in this case, show me where I stated that YOU made the map....

There are several people on this site that have ridden my bikes that I have tuned, Hogasm, AJ, GettinOld and they can tell you how well my bikes run and how smooth they are. Are YOU running THIS particular map in your bike, and I mean EXACT????

Wow a 3 bagger, hope it was educational and entertaining. I am not here to amuse people... Just wanted to attempt to educate some people in how to rectify or clarify various issues or concerns of their equipment, and create some awareness ....

I was asked to join by a member, and at first I was a bit apprehensive... the CVO "Community" is predominantly, I said PREDOMINANTLY, not all encompassing, a group that holds themselves to a standard that is almost snobbish.... I have noticed more "Virtual Tuners" and "Elitists" who are more concerned with what kind of Bling and Geedunk can I put on my bike to show that "I" have a CVO..... Too few are concerned with durability, longevity and the all important "Fun Factor".....

Maybe I don't get it.... I am a Tech... I ride a built XL 883 cause I sold my bagger to adopt my 3d kid... I am a Retired Marine... I think that everyone is equal, until you pizz me off or act a fool, then you are on the scheitt list....

I am tired...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 11:57:59 PM »

I was asked to join by a member, and at first I was a bit apprehensive... the CVO "Community" is predominantly, I said PREDOMINANTLY, not all encompassing, a group that holds themselves to a standard that is almost snobbish....

Bob, now that you are here take a little time to get familiar as well as offering the support you have.  You'll find this particular group is one that predominatly plays.  Sure, we polish, we tinker, we even occasionally call each other childish names (AJ, you are still a weiner).  But basically we ride and we play and then we come here and we talk about our riding and our playing.

99% of this crowd knows they don't know it all and are quite happy that way.  Those few that occasionally take longer to clue in to that lesson relatively quickly just get ignored.  They get in the way of the playing and the riding after all!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007, 12:02:59 AM »

Bob, now that you are here take a little time to get familiar as well as offering the support you have.  You'll find this particular group is one that predominatly plays.  Sure, we polish, we tinker, we even occasionally call each other childish names (AJ, you are still a weiner).  But basically we ride and we play and then we come here and we talk about our riding and our playing.

99% of this crowd knows they don't know it all and are quite happy that way.  Those few that occasionally take longer to clue in to that lesson relatively quickly just get ignored.  They get in the way of the playing and the riding after all!

Well said, oh Great and Elite King of Bling and Geedunk! :P

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2007, 12:17:07 AM »

Well said, oh Great and Elite King of Bling and Geedunk! :P

Damn, that is an auspicious sounding title ??? !  Wonder if a really good map would make it sound even better?  :huepfenlol2:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2007, 06:46:04 AM »

Damn, that is an auspicious sounding title ??? !  Wonder if a really good map would make it sound even better?  :huepfenlol2:

Don

I believe it would. Just be careful where it comes from.

And Bob, from someone that doesn't even own a CVO I appreciate you knowledge and insight.
The majority of folks on this forum are very passionate no they are damn passionate about their bikes.
From the outside it may appear to be snobbish but as you settle in here you will find it's passion not being snobbish.
IMHO I appreciate your time trying to help us here. I get in trouble here when I object to some of the information that is presented because I know that some is just not right. Just like my gas and diesel analogy earlier post I truly believe that the passing of information has a responsibility that can not be taken lightly. My 120 is at 140/141 and that makes me very happy. But I do not pretend to tell anyone that is how their motor should be built. Anyone that wants to know what's in mine I respond with the information. There are no secrets to doing this. But what works for me may not work for the next guy!

And don't let these guys fool you.
Mr. oh great and Elite King if Bling and Geedunk has one of the most reliable and fun bikes on this site!
SB, glad your here!

S
  /
    B

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2007, 07:01:04 AM »

I was asked to join by a member, and at first I was a bit apprehensive... the CVO "Community" is predominantly, I said PREDOMINANTLY, not all encompassing, a group that holds themselves to a standard that is almost snobbish.... I have noticed more "Virtual Tuners" and "Elitists" who are more concerned with what kind of Bling and Geedunk can I put on my bike to show that "I" have a CVO..... Too few are concerned with durability, longevity and the all important "Fun Factor".....

Maybe I don't get it.... I am a Tech... I ride a built XL 883 cause I sold my bagger to adopt my 3d kid... I am a Retired Marine... I think that everyone is equal, until you pizz me off or act a fool, then you are on the scheitt list....

I am tired...
From one Marine to another.... "When the going gets tough the Marines get going." You are more then welcome here and your information is appreciated. Don't be bothered by those that disagree w/what you have to offer (hell they don't always agree w/me) there are many more here that appreciate your information.

Semper Fi!!

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2007, 07:34:53 AM »

Thanks again Bob. 

Miker

hogasm

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2007, 07:56:22 AM »

Don I like that title. Knowing you and your bike, it's going to cost you a bundle to have that map built :huepfenlol2:

But    oh Great and Elite King of Bling and Geedunk, according to SB that kitchen table that I bought 2 years ago and still to this day don't like, I can't give it away to charity. That would be unethical to the original table builder to just give it away to some needy family. Now what in the h3!! do I do with this table. I need all the tax deductions I can get now :coolblue:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2007, 08:06:19 AM »

Brian

That's what happens when you make the big bucks.

Good luck!

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2007, 09:04:13 AM »

Don I like that title. Knowing you and your bike, it's going to cost you a bundle to have that map built :huepfenlol2:

But    oh Great and Elite King of Bling and Geedunk, according to SB that kitchen table that I bought 2 years ago and still to this day don't like, I can't give it away to charity. That would be unethical to the original table builder to just give it away to some needy family. Now what in the h3!! do I do with this table. I need all the tax deductions I can get now :coolblue:

Brian,

Let me pick some stocks for you. That'll guarantee you an annual $3,000 of writeoff for years to come.  :D

:indian_chief:

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2007, 09:31:16 AM »

I am tired...

You asked me to show you where you said it

When we did the steps we used the 2nd computer running in data mode to verify throttle position while using the throttle lock purchased through Dynojet to hold the throttle at X percentage.  After the VE's were set we set the closed loop bias tables.  What you have described DOES NOT jive with what was posted above.... No Way, No How... You have only made a few changes to the VE's, and they were the EXACT same.... That is a THROTTLE WHACKERS map..... And a bad one at that...

The comments about educational and entertaining shovelhead bob were not directed at you, but "a" pop corn eatter. 

No I have not run this map in my bike, for a few reasons
1.   I never met the criteria for that map I have a 50mm throttlebody and 10.25 pistons
2.   I tried a different cam right away the Yuill Brothers YB14 SEC Gear Drive cam

Not much of a bling person myself, but I enjoy trying with the motor combinations / tuning / trying to achieve the power and still keep the reliability.

Enjoy the site,
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 09:54:51 AM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2007, 10:10:51 AM »

Bob...I appreciate your input and expertise.  It may be a little blunt, but is appreciated nonetheless.

However, I do take exception to your statement about CVO owners being "snobbish".  My experiences here have been just the opposite.  We have members here who do not own a CVO, and they are welcomed as exuberantly as those who do.  Are we PROUD of our bikes....yes!!  Without exception, every person I've met who is a member here would go out of their way to help another member.  People let others borrow their bikes when the opportunity presents itself.  I admire and appreciate ALL two wheeled vehicles, regardless of brand.  I do not judge people for what they ride, but rather on who they are and how they present themselves to me. 

You are obviously a fine man, as evidenced by your statement about selling your bike to adopt a child.  That shows a degree of selflessness that is more than commendable.  I think you will find people here who are equally generous.  Stick around and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2007, 11:22:07 AM »

However, I do take exception to your statement about CVO owners being "snobbish". 

TC, he's talking about your bird ??? .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 21 queries.