Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: SERT and 110in Map. Can some on post a picture of the SERT AFR TABLE  (Read 7307 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: SERT and 110in Map. Can some on post a picture of the SERT AFR TABLE
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »

Don I like that title. Knowing you and your bike, it's going to cost you a bundle to have that map built :huepfenlol2:

But    oh Great and Elite King of Bling and Geedunk, according to SB that kitchen table that I bought 2 years ago and still to this day don't like, I can't give it away to charity. That would be unethical to the original table builder to just give it away to some needy family. Now what in the h3!! do I do with this table. I need all the tax deductions I can get now :coolblue:

Brian, I think we're going to need an acronym.  The title is just too damn long.  OGAEKOBaG.  Hmmmm....  Ah, to hell with it.

Now, as to this table conundrum; screw it man.  When you hire work it is the norm to expect rights and use of the work product.  So sell that ugly table.  Coincidentally that applies to tuners as well.  Most supply the work product as part of the work.  For what it's worth, any that I'd hire would do so. 

THEOZZ

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 Black Ice
    • CVO2: 2001 FXSTDI Silver
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2007, 02:18:04 PM »

Bob:

I really appreciate you taking the time to offer your advice and expertise. My problem is finding someone competent to tune my bike. I have to ride 180 miles just to get to the dealer where I bought the bike. I've been searching for a tuner around my area to tune the bike. I've been told by a friend who used to work for the dealer that all they do is load a canned map and adjust the Afr to 13.5 target and  I take it that they leave the SERT in open loop to achieve this. I'm reading through the manual to learn how the SERT works and by no means have it down pat yet. I've been asking around about dyno tuners in South Dakota, Colorado, Wyoming or Iowa that I could ride to and have a proper tune done. I've heard that Speed Performance would be a great place to have it tuned and trying to make arrangements to ride to Minnesota to have it done. Unless you or someone else could recommend a tuner to take my bike to.

Harry was just helping me out which I also appreciate. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2007, 04:27:26 PM »

Bob:

I really appreciate you taking the time to offer your advice and expertise. My problem is finding someone competent to tune my bike.

Ozz, for those of us here in the central Midwest "southeastern PA" is a bit far to have to go for a good tune.  Bob might mention what shop he's in though.  We've got a lot of people back within a days ride of SE PA and it might drum up some work.

Bob, how far are you from Kansas City?  At least down here in Joplin the man spinning the dyno at Gail's HD formerly in Bolton and now in Grandview on the side side of KC has a good reputation for tuning the SERT and the PC.  Just an option to consider.

hogasm

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2007, 06:24:13 PM »

Brian,

Let me pick some stocks for you. That'll guarantee you an annual $3,000 of writeoff for years to come.  :D

:indian_chief:

Chief I have toooooooo many of them already.  :oops:

Need to make some and not give it away for awhile. I really don't mind giving some to the Fed Gov, it just means that you are making money, but I hate to just give it away for someone else being stupid!!!!!!

Shovelhead Bob

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2007, 10:05:10 PM »

But    oh Great and Elite King of Bling and Geedunk, according to SB that kitchen table that I bought 2 years ago and still to this day don't like, I can't give it away to charity. That would be unethical to the original table builder to just give it away to some needy family. Now what in the h3!! do I do with this table. I need all the tax deductions I can get now :coolblue:

You really don't get it, do you????? The maps that I have aren't my personal playthings... Other people paid for me to design them for THEIR bikes.... On the Dyno that the shops owner invested in years ago.... The bikes owner and the shop owner own those maps, I was merely the point man on the creation of them... I have no claim to them, or how they are distributed, unless the proper owners allow me to disseminate them...

Shovelhead Bob

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2007, 10:12:02 PM »

Ozz, for those of us here in the central Midwest "southeastern PA" SouthWESTERN, Pa... Pittsburgh Region...is a bit far to have to go for a good tune.  Bob might mention what shop he's in though.  Cerini H-D/Buell, 20 miles South of Pittsburgh, Belle Vernon, PAWe've got a lot of people back within a days ride of SE PA and it might drum up some work.

Bob, how far are you from Kansas City?  At least down here in Joplin the man spinning the dyno at Gail's HD formerly in Bolton and now in Grandview on the side side of KC has a good reputation for tuning the SERT and the PC.  Just an option to consider.

Shovelhead Bob

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2007, 10:25:52 PM »

Bob:

I really appreciate you taking the time to offer your advice and expertise. My problem is finding someone competent to tune my bike. I have to ride 180 miles just to get to the dealer where I bought the bike. I've been searching for a tuner around my area to tune the bike. I've been told by a friend who used to work for the dealer that all they do is load a canned map and adjust the Afr to 13.5 target and  I take it that they leave the SERT in open loop to achieve this. Yes, that is how the cycle is STARTED, but after the VE's are synchronized to the Target AFR, the Desired AFR (DAFR) is reset back to reference, so that the Closed Loop Bias is operational, and the CLB table is maxed out to 798mVDC switching voltage, to generate a 14.5:1 AFR...I'm reading through the manual to learn how the SERT works and by no means have it down pat yet. I've been asking around about dyno tuners in South Dakota, Colorado, Wyoming or Iowa that I could ride to and have a proper tune done. I've heard that Speed Performance would be a great place to have it tuned and trying to make arrangements to ride to Minnesota to have it done. Unless you or someone else could recommend a tuner to take my bike to. Try LATUS, in Oregon... Mike Stegman is one of the BEST in the business.... Or Hal's Speed Shop in Wisconsin, ... alot closer, and just as good.... Be forewarned, it ain't cheap, but when you have it done by the best, you gotta pay big....

Harry was just helping me out which I also appreciate. 

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2007, 09:18:17 AM »

I was asked to join by a member, and at first I was a bit apprehensive... the CVO "Community" is predominantly, I said PREDOMINANTLY, not all encompassing, a group that holds themselves to a standard that is almost snobbish.... I have noticed more "Virtual Tuners" and "Elitists" who are more concerned with what kind of Bling and Geedunk can I put on my bike to show that "I" have a CVO..... Too few are concerned with durability, longevity and the all important "Fun Factor".....

Maybe I don't get it.... I am a Tech... I ride a built XL 883 cause I sold my bagger to adopt my 3d kid... I am a Retired Marine... I think that everyone is equal, until you pizz me off or act a fool, then you are on the scheitt list....

I am tired...

Bob,

I've said it before Big Guy. . . you are a good man who works hard and very smart! I'm glad that you're here. You may share my map as you see fit. I'm planning to swing by on Saturday to discuss the heads further with you. Runnin' hard for 2,100 miles over Labor Day weekend did both she (the bike) & I a lot of good . . . . And, by the way, my buddies '07 Ultra with my old Rineharts ran strong. :2vrolijk_21: We switched for a couple hundred miles on the run back home to Southwestern PA. I was impressed. Good throttle response & pulled hard outta the hole. See you soon my friend.

Mike

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2007, 10:06:56 AM »

Bob...I appreciate your input and expertise.  It may be a little blunt, but is appreciated nonetheless.

However, I do take exception to your statement about CVO owners being "snobbish".  My experiences here have been just the opposite.  We have members here who do not own a CVO, and they are welcomed as exuberantly as those who do.  Are we PROUD of our bikes....yes!!  Without exception, every person I've met who is a member here would go out of their way to help another member.  People let others borrow their bikes when the opportunity presents itself.  I admire and appreciate ALL two wheeled vehicles, regardless of brand.  I do not judge people for what they ride, but rather on who they are and how they present themselves to me. 

You are obviously a fine man, as evidenced by your statement about selling your bike to adopt a child.  That shows a degree of selflessness that is more than commendable.  I think you will find people here who are equally generous.  Stick around and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Yea, what TCnBham said!! I only have a lowly RK, came to this site because there were a lot of people here with good info, and were more that willing to help. If you get into the site and really look, these people really care for eachother, and will go the extra mile to help other members out. But if someone comes to the site spreading BS, they'll call them out. This is one of the only sites I view that has such a low BS factor, except when they want to yank eachothers chain, then it flies!! ;D

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2007, 09:31:59 PM »

Bob,

I've said it before Big Guy. . . you are a good man who works hard and very smart! I'm glad that you're here. You may share my map as you see fit. I'm planning to swing by on Saturday to discuss the heads further with you. Runnin' hard for 2,100 miles over Labor Day weekend did both she (the bike) & I a lot of good . . . . And, by the way, my buddies '07 Ultra with my old Rineharts ran strong. :2vrolijk_21: We switched for a couple hundred miles on the run back home to Southwestern PA. I was impressed. Good throttle response & pulled hard outta the hole. See you soon my friend.

Mike

HDFATBOY

Thanks for pointing Bob in this direction!
Look forward to his post!

Kinda like the shirt Howie had on Saturday that said,

"It ain't bragging if you can back it up"

I believe Bob can!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

NWbiker

• Full CVO Member
    • OR

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 01:36:09 AM »

This is a little late but here is a sit with a lot of good Dyno charts for comparison.

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/dyno_charts.asp
2014 CVO Ultra Limited
2003 Heritage Springer Classic
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.