Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: True Duals wont work on 08 SEUC  (Read 3983 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

True Duals wont work on 08 SEUC
« on: September 23, 2007, 03:20:11 PM »

Called my salesman about status on my bike. He said that my V & H TD that came off my 07 wont work on the 08, something about the front pipe hitting on master cylinder. Now i have to either wait on another TD or just go with oval slipons with stock head pipes..... Iam going with the SERT on 08 since no T/Max not available for 08's yet.... Wonder what kind of performance i'll get with just slipsons....
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 06:05:13 PM by newseultra07 »
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
Re: True Duals wont work on 08 SEUC
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 05:51:07 PM »

Boy the MOCO sure worked hard to screw the After Market Sellers. Just another item added to the list. Nothing like developing product that will only work on a 2007 motorcycle. This will most likely add cost to the end customer account more R&D costs. :soapbox:
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 06:12:21 PM »

D$D Boarzilla wont work either (same reason) D$D Fatcat I am told fits. Great pipe sound and performance. They also have a ghost pipe if you need that two pipe look at the rear. Having Fatcat installed this week no ghost pipe. Saw and heard it on a RG looked great and sounded awsome. not to loud but just right!!!

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 07:29:37 PM »

You think this is a problem with V & H only?  A buddy of  mine just put a set or Rinharts on an 08 Street Glide.

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 07:42:45 PM »

You think this is a problem with V & H only?  A buddy of  mine just put a set or Rinharts on an 08 Street Glide.

john
Hey John, did you're buddy put on the RH slip-ons or the full set of tru-duals?  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 07:59:04 PM »

Salesman told it had something to do with the ABS...I will find out more tomorrow when i talk to mechanic about it... What kind of performance will i be getting with the stock head pipes & V & H oval slipons. I would just run stock pipes & slipons & wait till i get some TD that fit but there going to dyno it & i dont want to pay twice for dyno when i get the TD's
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 09:14:12 PM »

good things come to those who wait. why settle for less?

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »

Salesman told it had something to do with the ABS...I will find out more tomorrow when i talk to mechanic about it... What kind of performance will i be getting with the stock head pipes & V & H oval slipons. I would just run stock pipes & slipons & wait till i get some TD that fit but there going to dyno it & i dont want to pay twice for dyno when i get the TD's

You might want to get a second opinion >> I had the V&H Big Shot Duals installed on my 08 SEUC and they fit great.  I don't think they are 08 specific:nixweiss:

deucedog

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 11:05:14 PM »

You might want to get a second opinion >> I had the V&H Big Shot Duals installed on my 08 SEUC and they fit great.  I don't think they are 08 specific:nixweiss:

Darn salesman, they screw everything up... :D

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 07:27:13 AM »

Iam going to be waiting at dealer @ 9am when they open up & see what the problem is....They may be pulling my chain on this one. I installed the TD on my 07, i didn't see any thing different on the 08 but there may be.....
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 02:44:49 PM »

Well went to dealer & found out that brake pedal is different on 08's. That's what's hitting the true dual exhaust from going on correctly. So now only option is to go with stock head pipes w/oval slipons. Going with the race tuner & dyno for now....
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 02:52:42 PM »

Well went to dealer & found out that brake pedal is different on 08's. That's what's hitting the true dual exhaust from going on correctly. So now only option is to go with stock head pipes w/oval slipons. Going with the race tuner & dyno for now....
That may not be your only option.......if it's the heat shield that hitting, you can 'notch' it.  This has had to be done in the past on earlier models to get certain pipes on with the earlier brake pedals.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 03:01:43 PM »

I would not take their word on this...some have had an issue with the brake pedal hitting the heat shield PRIOR to 08...depends on the pipe, how it's installed.  The 08's appear to have an extended brake lever.  We've got one member here who has already installed the V&H TD's on his 08 without issue.  Something smells fishy to me...

9 out of 10 times, the dealer's don't know what they are talking about on the CVO bikes, they are just repeating something they've "heard" or been told by someone else.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 03:19:43 PM »

I actually saw the duals installed on bike. It was hitting badly on brake pedal. Would have to do some serious notching to get to work...The dealer is 70 miles away from me or i'd go back & see if would work. I called V&H and the tech person said that they got the duals to work on the 08's. I asked him if they tried them on a SEUC & there response was yes....
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 03:32:38 PM »

I actually saw the duals installed on bike. It was hitting badly on brake pedal. Would have to do some serious notching to get to work...The dealer is 70 miles away from me or i'd go back & see if would work. I called V&H and the tech person said that they got the duals to work on the 08's. I asked him if they tried them on a SEUC & there response was yes....

Some who have had issues with the pedal hitting have removed a bit of material from the pedal, then covered the spot with clearcoat touchup...where was the pedal hitting on the bike you saw?  Where the pedal makes the bend near the floorboard?  That's usually where the problem has been.  I have not seen an 08 in person, but with the thinner SE type exhaust gasket, and careful installation, I'll bet it could be made to work without making anything look unsightly.

TTS Mastertune

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 03:55:32 PM »

Ok, I will take a picture of my 08 SEUC this evening with V&H Big Shot Duals showing the brake pedal clearance and post.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 04:01:26 PM »

You can also check with the D&D folks....very good technically over the phone.
They might be able to tell you if their True Duelies will fit.  I put them on my SEEG with V&H oval slip ons.  I love them. Good luck
The more I read the more I don't want an 08  :cherry: 09 Maybe  :nixweiss:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 04:04:32 PM »

You can also check with the D&D folks....very good technically over the phone.
They might be able to tell you if their True Duelies will fit.  I put them on my SEEG with V&H oval slip ons.  I love them. Good luck
The more I read the more I don't want an 08  :cherry: 09 Maybe  :nixweiss:

I heard the 09's are going to replace the tour pack with a cooling tower for the fission reactor sitting between your legs...

TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 04:14:58 PM »

I heard the 09's are going to replace the tour pack with a cooling tower for the fission reactor sitting between your legs...
too funny, TC.  :huepfenjump3: har!  :drink: spyder

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 06:10:28 PM »

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:
                                                        :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 03:40:19 PM »

Ok, I said I would take a pic and post it showing the clearance between the brake and my V&H True Duals.  Well I am not sure you can tell much about the pictures, as it is pretty hard to get a camera angle that really shows that area.  Anyway, I have about 1/4 inch clearance (maybe you can see it in the pic?).
The set I have has a curved cut-out area on the heat shield at the brake (it was made that way).  I am guessing V&H has changed the heat shield to accommodate the brake since some of the earlier sets that people have had trouble with.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 03:42:08 PM »

One more pic

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 06:54:46 AM »

The fitmit problem in the past had had to do with the SE bikes specifically as they use a chrome brake lever that's much thicker than stock. That may be why they fit the street glide mentioned earlier.  If you call the vendors, they may or may not be that faimliar with the SE bikes. I've had clearence problems on my 06. Had to notch a little for the first install, but after a few miles it must of loosened and was making contact again. Had to loosen everything up and put a piece of wood between the bottom of the brake pedal and floorboard to hold it there and re-tighten everything up. Seems to have worked pretty good this time. I don't know if it's the motor alignment or what, but some bikes seem to be more problematic that others. Also, the newer heat shields have a larger notch in that area. If someone were to buy an older set, they may not be notched as much.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

orgtech

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 08:45:37 PM »

Here's some info I just got from Bub on fitting true duals to my 08 SE Ultra. I am still deciding which way to go.

The 2007Rinehart True Dual system will fit the 2008 FL models.
The Screamin Eagle model does require the purchase of an accessory front heat shield to clear the SE brake petal.
The part number for the SE heat shield is 1861-0373.
BUB Enterprises also has our new BUB “7” system of true duals. This system has performance equal to the Rinehart system and there is no need to purchase an extra heat shield.
We do have 2 into 1 systems for the 2008 FL in both the Rinehart and BUB “7” lines.
All of the 2008 systems have dual o2 sensor ports.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 06:37:31 PM by orgtech »
Bruce

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 09:21:04 AM »

Freedom's new elite D exhaust will bolt right on no mods nothing else to buy.  And they are a great exhaust, very quiet on the freeway but still make noise when you crack the throttle.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Hotrodracer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 09:11:59 PM »

I put the V/H TD header pipes on my 06 UCSE and have had pure HELL on the right side. Had to ding the pipe & notch the sheild to get the pipe to clear the brake pedal.  Does not look too bad unless you get up close to it ( down on your knees). I must say that I was not happy with the way the pipes fit.
Let's Ride
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.