Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Something new I learned about the Tunder-Max today.  (Read 961 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Something new I learned about the Tunder-Max today.
« on: October 19, 2007, 06:04:54 PM »

In my last posting I wrote that I solved my decell popping by reloading the exact same MAP into the ECM. No clearing offsets, just reload, reinitialize and go. Well I today solved the issue of rolling off the throttle and having the rpms drop, then coming back up to the set idle. I cleared the IAC offsets, reloaded the exact same MAP and reinitialized. Then I ran the IAC-AUTO from a cold start. The past few times I just let it warm up and let the IAC set itself, but this time I thought I would try running IAC-AUTO. I let the bike warm up to 279degrees, then I shut it off, turned it back on, and went for a ride. No more idle drop. I came back a few hours later when the bike was "cold" and started it up and rode it. No more idle drop.

It's taken me over a year and half of working with this Zippers kit, but I think I have finally worked out most of my major operational issues.
Now I'll tweak the MAP like Rhino showed me, and try to improve the mpgs.

I'm not too sure if these techniques will work for anyone else, but they sure worked for me.

Mark

"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.