Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Help verifying the SERT map is actually real  (Read 3874 times)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: Help verifying the SERT map is actually real
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 07:39:39 AM »

The previous results.  The description had the wrong date and exhaust.

Any day on the bike is a good day.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 07:41:33 AM »

Is this "normal" tuning as far as what is being done?  I do not mean that it is a scam or anything, but do you think most dealers do it this way?  Once again, I think that most people don't know what could be and settle.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2007, 07:47:35 AM »

Mine seemed alright until I asked for the map a couple of months ago.  They said they lost it...I don't know, I was hoping to have something to oad onto the laptop.  I have not tried to muck with the sert software to date.  I attached my dyno, the bike runs great and cool. I average around 38-42 mpg, 2-up riding hard.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 08:01:18 AM »

I would doubt it is lost.  My dealer has everyone they have done.  If you go back for a tweak, they would have to start the tune from scratch.  That would not be smart.  I do not think most want the maps in your hands.  I was nicely warned that they would not correct the tune if I messed it up, but as long as I have the original, I can always put it back the way it was when they tuned it.  They agreed.

It's like X-Rays, you paid for them and they are yours.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 08:52:33 AM »

That is what I was thinking. 

Miker

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2007, 08:53:47 AM »

But then again I thought you could retrieve the existing map, now that is just to logical for these ninnies isn't it?

Miker

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2007, 09:22:14 AM »

Looking at this map they gave you then looking final run that states it was the 47th run has to make a person sit back and shake their head.    It would seem as though they gave a bogus map to satisfy you.  The map output does not look like the product of the dyno sheet you posted.   Just my opinion but this looks REALLY  FISHY.

to get a flat fuel curve like this and only change every block 2 in this case of the Ve and not change any fuel or timing surely makes it seem bogus/strange.   Make them load the map they gave you and then let it warm up and dyno it I don't think your going to like the results another thing is you have a 6 speed why are they doing a dyno run in 4th gear when you should get it done in 5th gear since you have a 6 speed that is also something to ask about.

good luck with the dealer,

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2007, 05:47:48 PM »

Looking at this map they gave you then looking final run that states it was the 47th run has to make a person sit back and shake their head.    It would seem as though they gave a bogus map to satisfy you.  The map output does not look like the product of the dyno sheet you posted.   Just my opinion but this looks REALLY  FISHY.

to get a flat fuel curve like this and only change every block 2 in this case of the Ve and not change any fuel or timing surely makes it seem bogus/strange.   Make them load the map they gave you and then let it warm up and dyno it I don't think your going to like the results another thing is you have a 6 speed why are they doing a dyno run in 4th gear when you should get it done in 5th gear since you have a 6 speed that is also something to ask about.

good luck with the dealer,

The map I posted goes with the dyno run JPEG labelled 10_24.  They never gave me the map for the 10_14 initial tune.  Well they did give me a map but it was the base calibration map.  This is just so frustrating.  I 'll probably have it retuned next year by someone else after I verify that the motor is not going to leak which I should know by July 08.
If the motor is not leaking, I'll have cams installed, at the same time they check for crank runout. 

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.